HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

General Preds Talk Part V

Closed Thread

Old
03-23-2014, 12:13 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
Looks like MDZ is scratched again tonight

Really? There must be something going on behind the scenes that we don't know about. At this point I see MDZ gone and not qualified this off season, or if he is, I see him taking Poile to arbitration.
Then why the hell did we give Klein away?! He was a solid D on great contract. This is ridiculous.

Old
03-23-2014, 12:20 PM
GeauxPreds

MDZ could be dealing with a minor unreleased injury that's day to day and not worth a presser about. If not though, you really have to wonder what the issue is. Never seemed weak defensively or lazy on the ice to me.

Old
03-23-2014, 12:28 PM
hockey diva
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
MDZ could be dealing with a minor unreleased injury that's day to day and not worth a presser about. If not though, you really have to wonder what the issue is. Never seemed weak defensively or lazy on the ice to me.
Wishful thinking. Trotz has been critical of him lately.

Old
03-23-2014, 12:34 PM
INDhockeyfan

MDZ could have an attitude problem we can't see that has landed him in the doghouse. He isn't doing what Trotz wants him to do otherwise he'd be playing. We do have a few more weeks in the season so we'll see what happens.

Old
03-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

This is absurd. I'm sorry. MDZ is the third or fourth best defenseman on this roster. Our team is abysmal. He is young and learning how to play with this team.

For crying out loud, quit playing bit parts and role players like Bartley, Clune, Eaves over guys who have a part in our future and need to find their role with this team.

Maddening.

I am fully behind the search for a new head coach at this point.

03-23-2014, 01:42 PM
Juneemoon

Makes me wonder if Poile traded Klein for Del Zotto over Trotz's objections. Maybe Del Zotto is a reminder that Trotz doesn't have as much control as he thinks he does.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:13 PM
GeauxPreds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
Wishful thinking. Trotz has been critical of him lately.
Obviously, but I think it's a bit silly to just make assumptions and then make judgments on those assumptions when all we have are a few words from Trotz to go off of.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:43 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
I think you people are all nuts. Del Zotto has to be mildly injured or sick and there is just no reason to play him. He played the other night because we simply didn't have the bodies, and Trotz limited his shifts accordingly. If you guys think Trotz is being punitive about playing time with the season effectively over, I think you are all just looking for stuff to hate about. This is not the time of year you try to teach a pending RFA a lesson by benching him.

Old
03-23-2014, 02:59 PM
Preds33
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I think you people are all nuts. Del Zotto has to be mildly injured or sick and there is just no reason to play him. He played the other night because we simply didn't have the bodies, and Trotz limited his shifts accordingly. If you guys think Trotz is being punitive about playing time with the season effectively over, I think you are all just looking for stuff to hate about. This is not the time of year you try to teach a pending RFA a lesson by benching him.

If this is the case then why was he pissed after the Vancouver game and had no comment? If he was sick or had any kind of injury, he would have most likely commented, or Trotz would have. Kinda funny when Spaling took a puck, Trotz said he had an injury, yet nothing here. It's not like he would disclose what the injury or illness was, just that one was there. That would have stopped this whole speculation fest going on right now.

As far as Trotz not benching him to teach him a lesson, well that was done at Vancouver as Trotz said that MDZ wasn't playing they way they wanted him to.

Quote:
"His game has slipped, and our coaching staff has talked to him about making solid decisions, solid plays and he has gotten away from that a little bit," Trotz said. "We had some healthy people and we felt this would be a good time."

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...zotto/6641729/
Quote:
Del Zotto was a healthy scratch at Vancouver on Wednesday because he was "not veteran enough to not compete for a spot," Trotz said. That was followed by limited ice time at Calgary.
Del Zotto has obvious skills. He's creative with the puck, an excellent skater, and has a rifle of a shot. In just 3:13 of action against the Flames, his passing skills were on display when he looked off the opposition and fired a cross-ice pass to Hornqvist for a goal.

Still, it wasn't enough for Del Zotto to merit more ice time, or much of a compliment from his coach.

"It wasn't a big enough sample," Trotz said. "But the little sample he did play, he looked fine and got an assist, so give him credit for that."
http://www.tennessean.com/story/spor...fense/6753993/
From watching the games lately, Jones' game has slipped a thousand miles more than Del Zotto's. Jones is just the Golden boy that fell out of the sky into Trotz's lap last summer. The only way that Jones will miss a game ever will be due to injury.

Last edited by Preds33: 03-23-2014 at 03:08 PM.
Old
03-23-2014, 04:41 PM
PredsV82
No

Wow... I guess I missed all that crosstalk. Starting to sound like another vitaly vishnevsky situation.

Does make you wonder if trotz and poile are starting to be on different pages.

Old
03-23-2014, 05:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Yeah V. There is a clear disconnect. I couldn't remember a similar situation outside of Vishnvesky and maybe Vasicek (who was traded for Vish) either.

The comments about the assist are damning in their own right.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:04 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Yeah V. There is a clear disconnect. I couldn't remember a similar situation outside of Vishnvesky and maybe Vasicek (who was traded for Vish) either.

The comments about the assist are damning in their own right.
for a team starving for goals and with a GM saying something has gotta change, I agree its pretty puzzling.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:14 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 150
http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/l...ille-predators

Hes has to be hurt not in the lineup again and Why would anyone want to put Bartly in top 4.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:26 PM
GeauxPreds

It's not like Bartley is bad, but he's just completely unremarkable in any way. Surprised we haven't traded him off to a team that could use a solid 3rd pairing defender or something. Could be a half decent add on as part of a package deal.

Old
03-23-2014, 06:40 PM
PredsV82
No

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxPreds View Post
It's not like Bartley is bad, but he's just completely unremarkable in any way. Surprised we haven't traded him off to a team that could use a solid 3rd pairing defender or something. Could be a half decent add on as part of a package deal.
hes signed for two more years at near league minimum but can play if needed. he's the ideal 7th d man… probably not going anywhere

Old
03-23-2014, 08:42 PM
MrMariusz

Trotz has gone bonkers.

Old
03-26-2014, 09:11 AM
PFL615

Coffee with a coach this am.

Trotz was asked about MDZ response to being scratched last night. Trotz kept it pretty short and said his compete level was good. Then mentioned him being at a disadvantage playing on the right side bc of Jones injury.

Asked about when FF will be ready to be a top 6 forward. Trotz said a couple of years. Trotz went on to talking about his age. Trotz finished with he is close to being an NHL player and hopes he competes for a spot next year.

Nothing else was really not worthy other than him admitting most of the Predators skill was on the backend.

Old
03-26-2014, 02:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Burnside reports Trotz could be on the way out. Suggests he goes to WPG, his hometown, and we hire Laviolette.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/i...t-defense-wins

Old
03-26-2014, 02:59 PM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Burnside reports Trotz could be on the way out. Suggests he goes to WPG, his hometown, and we hire Laviolette.
Wow I'm good. Peg would LOVE to get him. I'd be down with Laviolette, though Poile would need to change his system philosophy.

Old
03-26-2014, 03:17 PM
Iron Duke

Despite the hate shown toward him around here, it would be preferable to not face Barry five times a season.

Old
03-26-2014, 03:53 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 150
If true this will be the change many longed for. And if Laviolette is the choice it will be a bumpy ride.

"Laviolette's fiery temper and preference for intense play has turned him into a fan favorite in blue-collar Philadelphia."

The Preds roster no way mirror the intensity of what he will require. Pretty much as 180 from Trotz as one can imagine.

Last edited by Byrddog: 03-26-2014 at 04:00 PM. Reason: insert quote
Old
03-26-2014, 04:05 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
If true this will be the change many longed for. And if Laviolette is the choice it will be a bumpy ride.

"Laviolette's fiery temper and preference for intense play has turned him into a fan favorite in blue-collar Philadelphia."

The Preds roster no way mirror the intensity of what he will require. Pretty much as 180 from Trotz as one can imagine.
Yeah, agreed. I do think it's a more logical choice than someone like Housley, who I think needs some more experience before being handed the reigns, but Laviolette would be a pretty big shift.

Old
03-26-2014, 04:14 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post

That's how a team usually goes when it decides to fire a coach ... usually from an even keeled to a fiery tempered

Old
03-26-2014, 08:29 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Looks like the article i posted yesterday was really the start of fire like i said. Guess the guy who wrote about it wasn't so full of it and cluless about Nashville.

Old
03-26-2014, 08:33 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I would LOVE THAT

Closed Thread