HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

A Tinner first! A POSITIVE post about our D!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-23-2007, 12:51 PM
  #26
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
IMO watching the replay several times it wasn't an intentional elbow and the refs did the right thing in calling a penalty after the fact...no need for retaliation.
We're talking about the Perezhogin play in MTL right? If so, agreed on all points. It did look like the butt end of the stick to me, but I was at a bar with not so great visibility and no sound.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:37 PM
  #27
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapsFan@Vassar View Post
We're talking about the Perezhogin play in MTL right? If so, agreed on all points. It did look like the butt end of the stick to me, but I was at a bar with not so great visibility and no sound.
Perezhogin had his elbow up and wasn't even looking at Morrisonn...who had plenty of time to avoid that elbow, heh.

__________________
True Storyôģ©
usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:44 PM
  #28
Jasper17
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by usiel View Post
IMO watching the replay several times it wasn't an intentional elbow and the refs did the right thing in calling a penalty after the fact...no need for retaliation.
I agree, however I think someone needs to beat this **** out of Perezhogan anyway. He is a perfect example of how not having an instigator rule leads to players being more reckless.

I don't think he meant to elbow Morrisonn and he certainly didn't intend to hurt him in anyway. But a player has to know better than to swing his arm around like that, and in the old days a player would be held accountable for a reckless act that led to an injury. Now itís maybe a double minor.

Perezhogan has a history of this recklessness and if someone would have smacked him around a bit early on he prob wouldn't still do it.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 01:48 PM
  #29
usiel
HFBoards Sponsor
 
usiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Malaz City
Country: San Marino
Posts: 9,849
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to usiel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
I agree, however I think someone needs to beat this **** out of Perezhogan anyway. He is a perfect example of how not having an instigator rule leads to players being more reckless.

I don't think he meant to elbow Morrisonn and he certainly didn't intend to hurt him in anyway. But a player has to know better than to swing his arm around like that, and in the old days a player would be held accountable for a reckless act that led to an injury. Now itís maybe a double minor.

Perezhogan has a history of this recklessness and if someone would have smacked him around a bit early on he prob wouldn't still do it.
Oh I mosdef agree with you regarding his irritating style and in dire need for some frontier justice.

usiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:03 PM
  #30
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
No Erskine?
I'll throw a bone to Erskine...Tinordi light. I wish he had been with the team from the beginning and not gotten injured. He filled in valiantly for the needs of our team after Witt was gone.

RE: Perezoghin play..

Well...the hit on Drury last night was clean..cleaner than the Perezoghin play on Morrisonn...but that still drew an IMMEDIATE response from the Sabres.

Clean or not the Caps should have pounded the punk.

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
  #31
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
RE: Perezoghin

I'm not convinced that his elbow was an accident. While I agree he didn't line Mo up and whack him, he did swing his elbow up high on that play with the awareness that someone was around him.

Look at what occurred before that hit:
1. Erskine takes a run at him and BARELY misses.
2. Erskine takes another run and hits him good.
3. He responds by charging a cap (gordon I think it was) below the red line, gets 2 min.

Then the hit on Mo. Perezoghin was pretty upset with his treatment at the time.

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:31 PM
  #32
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by heshootshescores View Post
RE: Perezoghin

I'm not convinced that his elbow was an accident. While I agree he didn't line Mo up and whack him, he did swing his elbow up high on that play with the awareness that someone was around him.

Look at what occurred before that hit:
1. Erskine takes a run at him and BARELY misses.
2. Erskine takes another run and hits him good.
3. He responds by charging a cap (gordon I think it was) below the red line, gets 2 min.

Then the hit on Mo. Perezoghin was pretty upset with his treatment at the time.
You may have a valid point and it could be argued either way...but still....

The Caps should have POUNDED him!

Clean/dirty..accidental/incidental...that kind of play is dangerous and you do that to our top dman who is young??

Where have the guts of this team gone?

Souray took exception when Armstrong delivered a CLEAN hit on Koivu

Peeters and Co. took exception when Ray delivered a CLEAN hit on Drury...

How is it that NO CAPS took exception to a QUESTIONABLE/DIRTY ELBOW on Morrisonn??????

Gutless if you ask me...

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:33 PM
  #33
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Didn't this guy tomahawk someone in the AHL?

Someone needs to hurt him badly. Maybe he'll get the hint when he sits in rehab working on a blown out knee.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:34 PM
  #34
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles
 
BrooklynCapsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Brooklyn, New York
Posts: 14,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Didn't this guy tomahawk someone in the AHL?

Someone needs to hurt him badly. Maybe he'll get the hint when he sits in rehab working on a blown out knee.
Same guy. He was suspeneded an entire season from the AHL/NHL. During that time he played in the RSL for a boatload of money.

The punishment clearly worked.

BrooklynCapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:36 PM
  #35
Tinordi24*
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 3,697
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Didn't this guy tomahawk someone in the AHL?

Someone needs to hurt him badly. Maybe he'll get the hint when he sits in rehab working on a blown out knee.
I'm more worried about the Caps in this instance as opposed to the particular player who delivered the hit...

Take out Perezoghin and replace him with any other NHL player and I would be saying the same thing.

It shows that there is something wrong in the locker room.

If I were coach this would NEVER be tolerated. I seriously doubt that Scott Stevens, Tinordi or Dale Hunter would have let that blow go unchecked...

Tinordi24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
  #36
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 27,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24 View Post
I'm more worried about the Caps in this instance as opposed to the particular player who delivered the hit...

Take out Perezoghin and replace him with any other NHL player and I would be saying the same thing.

It shows that there is something wrong in the locker room.

If I were coach this would NEVER be tolerated. I seriously doubt that Scott Stevens, Tinordi or Dale Hunter would have let that blow go unchecked...
Agreed....definately brings up concerns about the Caps "having each others backs".

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 02:59 PM
  #37
HSHS
Losing is a disease
 
HSHS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Redondo Beach, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 17,639
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi24 View Post
I'm more worried about the Caps in this instance as opposed to the particular player who delivered the hit...

Take out Perezoghin and replace him with any other NHL player and I would be saying the same thing.

It shows that there is something wrong in the locker room.

If I were coach this would NEVER be tolerated. I seriously doubt that Scott Stevens, Tinordi or Dale Hunter would have let that blow go unchecked...
I agree with you that worrying about your team's actions are more important. There have been several times that these guys didn't seem to stand up for each other, unless its AO.

And along the same lines I am getting a little worried that AO is getting a little careless with his hits. First Briere, then Armstrong I think it was in the Pens game, then he threw another one in the SJ game. Someone may really try to make him pay one day (that is if they can get AO when he's on the railroad tracks)

HSHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.