HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs beat Laughs 4-3

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-23-2014, 12:49 PM
  #351
habtastic
Registered User
 
habtastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Mumbai via MTL
Country: India
Posts: 9,267
vCash: 500
This was the first game in awhile that I watched it on the RDS feed (GCL). Lately I've been watching TSN cuz I enjoy Randorff and Reid, but I missed watching the games in French and I'm trying not to lose it (my French) now that I'm out of the country.

I've read everywhere that HNIC went overboard last night. I'm usually railing on them for that, but I'm sure glad I didn't watch that feed -- sounds like it went full Phaneuf. RDS is so much more professional (during the play).

I like to think that there are some newspapers in Canada that aren't garbage or full on bias. Surprising that none of them have done a story on how out of control HNIC has gotten. It is in many ways a national story and they comport themselves in a very non-Canadian fashion. CBC is either boring as fck or stupid as fck, except for The National, which is one of the best news programs in the world IMO. Embarassing that Mansbridge is on the same network as Glen Healy and Don Cherry. Talk about the two faces of our public consciousness.


What did Healy say when DD pummelled Phaneuf? Legit penalty?

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 12:54 PM
  #352
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,427
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He's not 'going' offensively? He's about a handful of points back of our 'offensive centre' despite playing much tougher minutes with inferior linemates. Pleks is doing just fine.
2 goals in 15 games doesn't scream "fine"

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 01:14 PM
  #353
Erik Estrada
Registered User
 
Erik Estrada's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
This was the first game in awhile that I watched it on the RDS feed (GCL). Lately I've been watching TSN cuz I enjoy Randorff and Reid, but I missed watching the games in French and I'm trying not to lose it (my French) now that I'm out of the country.

I've read everywhere that HNIC went overboard last night. I'm usually railing on them for that, but I'm sure glad I didn't watch that feed -- sounds like it went full Phaneuf. RDS is so much more professional (during the play).

I like to think that there are some newspapers in Canada that aren't garbage or full on bias. Surprising that none of them have done a story on how out of control HNIC has gotten. It is in many ways a national story and they comport themselves in a very non-Canadian fashion. CBC is either boring as fck or stupid as fck, except for The National, which is one of the best news programs in the world IMO. Embarassing that Mansbridge is on the same network as Glen Healy and Don Cherry. Talk about the two faces of our public consciousness.


What did Healy say when DD pummelled Phaneuf? Legit penalty?
Play-by-play is clearly better on RDS. Comments between periods are equally bad... RDS wins by default because the CBC has a bigger pool of candidates and still can't do better than a circus sideshow.

Erik Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 01:30 PM
  #354
Rysmo
Registered User
 
Rysmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 536
vCash: 614
If that Bourque - Briere - Gionta line can continue to produce chances like last night, we could have three very dangerous lines heading into the playoffs.

Rysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 01:57 PM
  #355
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,712
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rysmo View Post
If that Bourque - Briere - Gionta line can continue to produce chances like last night, we could have three very dangerous lines heading into the playoffs.
We need a balanced attack during the playoffs...a team like the Bruins has this type of attack...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:00 PM
  #356
madhi19
Just the tip!
 
madhi19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cold and Dark place!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,388
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
This was the first game in awhile that I watched it on the RDS feed (GCL). Lately I've been watching TSN cuz I enjoy Randorff and Reid, but I missed watching the games in French and I'm trying not to lose it (my French) now that I'm out of the country.

I've read everywhere that HNIC went overboard last night. I'm usually railing on them for that, but I'm sure glad I didn't watch that feed -- sounds like it went full Phaneuf. RDS is so much more professional (during the play).

I like to think that there are some newspapers in Canada that aren't garbage or full on bias. Surprising that none of them have done a story on how out of control HNIC has gotten. It is in many ways a national story and they comport themselves in a very non-Canadian fashion. CBC is either boring as fck or stupid as fck, except for The National, which is one of the best news programs in the world IMO. Embarassing that Mansbridge is on the same network as Glen Healy and Don Cherry. Talk about the two faces of our public consciousness.


What did Healy say when DD pummelled Phaneuf? Legit penalty?
I think a lot of them just stopped caring when Rogers bought the rights. They know by now that Rogers is not really going to keep much of the old crew. Sure they keep Cherry and Maclean but that about it. They already decided to hand over the host duty to Strombo everybody else are likely gone. Good riddance for bad rubbish if you ask me.


Last edited by madhi19: 03-23-2014 at 04:04 PM.
madhi19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:03 PM
  #357
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
He's not 'going' offensively? He's about a handful of points back of our 'offensive centre' despite playing much tougher minutes with inferior linemates. Pleks is doing just fine.
Yes, and Eller is still playing amazing because he started the year hot.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:06 PM
  #358
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
Yes, and Eller is still playing amazing because he started the year hot.
Equating point totals, which are incidental, to quality of play does not say much for how you watch the game.


And Eller HAS been playing pretty damn well lately, fwiw.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:08 PM
  #359
Devourers
Registered User
 
Devourers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
When Eller bounces back next season some serious crow is going to be handed out. I still remember when everyone wanted Plekanec traded earlier in his career, cause of that terrible year he had.

I don't think you can give a guy like Eller enough time really, trading him just seems like a big mistake.

Devourers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:15 PM
  #360
FXBrassard
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devourers View Post
When Eller bounces back next season some serious crow is going to be handed out. I still remember when everyone wanted Plekanec traded earlier in his career, cause of that terrible year he had.

I don't think you can give a guy like Eller enough time really, trading him just seems like a big mistake.
Exactly. We all know the WORST thing Eller can become is a really good and physical 3rd line center with some skill. Just because he may not be a top 6 player doesn't mean he's useless. His value must be pretty low right now, trading him would be horrible.

I still think he has the potential to become a top 6 center because he has all the physical tools, unfortunately he doesn't have the best hockey sense and when he's not playing with confidence he's not effective at all in the offensive zone.

FXBrassard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:17 PM
  #361
ThaDevilGirl
Registered User
 
ThaDevilGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: YFC/YUL
Country: Portugal
Posts: 11,288
vCash: 500
How many times did PJ Stock say "HOW DO YOU LET RENE BOURQUE SCORE?!"? Was it 5 times?

ThaDevilGirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
  #362
JAVO16
Registered User
 
JAVO16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montréal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,825
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
How many times did PJ Stock say "HOW DO YOU LET RENE BOURQUE SCORE?!"? Was it 5 times?
Yeah, even as a Bourque detractor, I find that this was a bit insulting. Bourque did score 141 goals in the NHL before that. It's not like they let John Scott score or something.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:27 PM
  #363
sventington
Registered User
 
sventington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 972
vCash: 500
Getting RDS a couple years ago was a real eye opener for me. I never realized how much the CBC commentating irritated me until I opted to try and watch the Hockey Night in Canada Leafs vs. Habs games. I can't even get through a period. The last time I bothered to sit through the whole thing was last year when I had a roommate who was unwilling to watch the game in French. I understand none of what is said other than the odd penalty and the ET LE BUUUUUL, but it still feels so much better.

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:28 PM
  #364
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
How many times did PJ Stock say "HOW DO YOU LET RENE BOURQUE SCORE?!"? Was it 5 times?
Off topic but I liked Bourque's interview between periods. He admitted he just wasn't good enough to be in the lineup and went out and proved he still has some pride.

Toronto broke down to give Rene the chance but it was all him at that point. If he can bring that more regularly he could be the best late season "addition".

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:28 PM
  #365
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Equating point totals, which are incidental, to quality of play does not say much for how you watch the game.


And Eller HAS been playing pretty damn well lately, fwiw.
lol... ooooooooo, a shot at how I watch hockey. Nice backhanded remark.

Plekanec is ****ing awesome - but he hasn't been scoring lately. He's not in a role to do well offensively, but if he can somehow start putting up points we're a better team. To say he's been producing offensively lately is ridiculous, how you can fight that boggles my mind. It's not his job this year, but it would be nice if could produce on top of the defensive minutes, no matter how ridiculous that is.

My remark was sarcastic about Eller's production (not sure how that wasn't clear) not his actual play. Eller has been playing better the last handful of games.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:30 PM
  #366
Scriptor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krnage View Post
Therrien + Bouillon = success
Therrien uses Bouillon as a good luck charm, the same way old ladies use gremlins, figurines or whatever during bingo nights out

The two are about the same size

Scriptor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:32 PM
  #367
Mr Rogers
Registered User
 
Mr Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Off topic but I liked Bourque's interview between periods. He admitted he just wasn't good enough to be in the lineup and went out and proved he still has some pride.

Toronto broke down to give Rene the chance but it was all him at that point. If he can bring that more regularly he could be the best late season "addition".
Reimer helped a little bit.

Regardless of his goal, he had six shots and generated a bunch of chances. Gionta's goal is all him.

Mr Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:33 PM
  #368
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
How is Tinordi significantly better at this point in his career? With Gorges out, we're forced to dress 3 bottom pairing/7th D. It's unfortunate, yes, but I don't see the point in blaming the coach.
Tinordi can actually skate.

My problem is not playing Beaulieu. The team needs to be able to move the puck out of the zone quicker. It's pathetic to see Murray and Weaver handle the puck like me.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:41 PM
  #369
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,142
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
How many times did PJ Stock say "HOW DO YOU LET RENE BOURQUE SCORE?!"? Was it 5 times?
He could have said the same about himself when he was a player... What a jerk !

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
  #370
NinetyThree24
Registered User
 
NinetyThree24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaDevilGirl View Post
How many times did PJ Stock say "HOW DO YOU LET RENE BOURQUE SCORE?!"? Was it 5 times?
I think it was actually "How do you let Rene Bourque get a breakaway!?" which is even more insulting. Can Bourque skate and receive a pass? Then he's capable of getting a breakaway.
Reminds me of Healy taking dumps on 4th liners who are fighting just to be in the NHL. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for.

NinetyThree24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:42 PM
  #371
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post
Yeah, even as a Bourque detractor, I find that this was a bit insulting. Bourque did score 141 goals in the NHL before that. It's not like they let John Scott score or something.
Stock has less games played than bork has points. And how can anyone take seriously a diaper wearing fool......depends I guess

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:44 PM
  #372
Halifaxhab*
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,219
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinetyThree24 View Post
I think it was actually "How do you let Rene Bourque get a breakaway!?" which is even more insulting. Can Bourque skate and receive a pass? Then he's capable of getting a breakaway.
Reminds me of Healy taking dumps on 4th liners who are fighting just to be in the NHL. Totally unprofessional and uncalled for.
Healy couldn't even open a bench door without help

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:46 PM
  #373
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 25,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
lol... ooooooooo, a shot at how I watch hockey. Nice backhanded remark.

Plekanec is ****ing awesome - but he hasn't been scoring lately. He's not in a role to do well offensively, but if he can somehow start putting up points we're a better team. To say he's been producing offensively lately is ridiculous, how you can fight that boggles my mind. It's not his job this year, but it would be nice if could produce on top of the defensive minutes, no matter how ridiculous that is.

My remark was sarcastic about Eller's production (not sure how that wasn't clear) not his actual play. Eller has been playing better the last handful of games.
Nobody said Plek was producing, just that he was doing fine, and he is.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:49 PM
  #374
One Man Rock Band
T-Ross!!
 
One Man Rock Band's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Habville
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,149
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Nobody said Plek was producing, just that he was doing fine, and he is.
Read his post again and tell me that you didn't misread it.

One Man Rock Band is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 02:50 PM
  #375
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
lol... ooooooooo, a shot at how I watch hockey. Nice backhanded remark.

Plekanec is ****ing awesome - but he hasn't been scoring lately. He's not in a role to do well offensively, but if he can somehow start putting up points we're a better team. To say he's been producing offensively lately is ridiculous, how you can fight that boggles my mind. It's not his job this year, but it would be nice if could produce on top of the defensive minutes, no matter how ridiculous that is.

My remark was sarcastic about Eller's production (not sure how that wasn't clear) not his actual play. Eller has been playing better the last handful of games.
It wasn't backhanded at all. It was very straightforward. It's pretty much a fact that if you equate point totals with quality of play, then you're not evaluating what's going on on the ice in real time. Your post came across that way, but I probably misunderstood.

Of course it would be nice if pleks could get crazy offensive numbers in the role he plays, but he's not crosby and he pretty much would have to be with the role he's given. Given he's had a stretch of low offensive numbers despite still having impressive season-to-date totals, I think it's pretty obvious that we're just seeing everything balance out. Expecting him to produce as much the entire year would be ignorant of the reality of the position he plays on the squad. Not saying you are, but people pointing at his recent stats without noting that his stats from before the current stretch were unrealistic to begin with aren't being intellectually honest.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.