HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Did anyone hear MacT on 1260?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2004, 08:50 PM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
Did anyone hear MacT on 1260?

And if you did, was anything important said? I caught the end of Total Sports and they mentioned that MacTavish was taking calls tonight.

I figured there would have been a thread on this already, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:35 AM
stauffer is my hero

really good interview and that's coming from a guy that's traditionally not been a real big mact fan. he was very honest in his evaluation of alot of different players. he was very positive about the development of some of the younger players, particularily hemsky, brewer and torres. blamed hemsky's recent struggles on his youth but said he was still going to be a great player. was somewhat critical of salo and said semenov needed to be more physical. his comments about laraque were interesting. he finally admitted that while laraque is an effective player from the faceoff circle to the net, he has major shortcomings in his game that will probably prevent him from ever developing into much more than he is now. mact also took the blame for the power play and pk and deflected the blame from simpson and moores. good interview and he didn't dodge any questions from mark and bob. took 3 or 4 phone calls, but mostly the callers didn't sound too bright.

oh, and believe it or not, bob took the chance to questions mactavish about why the oil don't play more zone defence rather than man to man.

Old
02-06-2004, 12:58 AM
woody

[
oh, and believe it or not, bob took the chance to questions mactavish about why the oil don't play more zone defence rather than man to man.[/QUOTE]

thats a surprise Was it his first question?

Old
02-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by stauffer is my hero
really good interview and that's coming from a guy that's traditionally not been a real big mact fan. he was very honest in his evaluation of alot of different players. he was very positive about the development of some of the younger players, particularily hemsky, brewer and torres. blamed hemsky's recent struggles on his youth but said he was still going to be a great player. was somewhat critical of salo and said semenov needed to be more physical. his comments about laraque were interesting. he finally admitted that while laraque is an effective player from the faceoff circle to the net, he has major shortcomings in his game that will probably prevent him from ever developing into much more than he is now. mact also took the blame for the power play and pk and deflected the blame from simpson and moores. good interview and he didn't dodge any questions from mark and bob. took 3 or 4 phone calls, but mostly the callers didn't sound too bright.

oh, and believe it or not, bob took the chance to questions mactavish about why the oil don't play more zone defence rather than man to man.
Thanks for that...I was trying to listen to it, but my radio reception for 1260 is crap where I am at that time of the day.

Interesting that he took the strain for the PP and PK shortcomings. Too bad the callers couldn't stimulate the conversation any, oh well.

Old
02-06-2004, 08:16 AM
Oilhitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12

Interesting that he took the strain for the PP and PK shortcomings. Too bad the callers couldn't stimulate the conversation any, oh well.

I have never phoned into one of their shows. But many times while I am listening to some of the callers I get so furious that I am very tempted. Some of the callers have no clue what they are talking about.

Closed Thread