HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2014 NHL Draft Discussion, Suck for Sam or Play Bad For Ekblad?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2014, 12:05 AM
  #701
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
I don't know if it were to be Eichel's best interest in going to the QMJHL. Maybe he should stay where he is and continue with the development team.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 12:10 AM
  #702
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Do any of you know any overagers that might be of some interest?

Don't know why, but I'm intrigued by Nikita Jevpalovs from the Armada and also highly intrigued by Swede Leon Bristedt.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52417
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38714

Edit: Also a name to look out for in the 2015 draft is Jesse Gabrielle. Guy has energy and grit written all over him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEcQRpnwGs#t=75
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199921


Last edited by Joey Bones: 03-24-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 01:28 AM
  #703
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,324
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
David Pastrnak is our best possible pick
He got concussed on a big hit - but will be OK according to "sources" I got
Watch here -
This will make him drop right into our laps
Should (could) therefore be around when we choose
Believe me - he is a very talented player
Top 6 potential
Czech factor notwithstanding (citing previous NYR draft history)

Maybe we lose our first rounder though???

Time will tell

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 02:14 AM
  #704
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
God damn he got absolutely demolished, skated right into a brick wall.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 06:47 AM
  #705
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,378
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Bones View Post
Do any of you know any overagers that might be of some interest?

Don't know why, but I'm intrigued by Nikita Jevpalovs from the Armada and also highly intrigued by Swede Leon Bristedt.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=52417
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=38714

Edit: Also a name to look out for in the 2015 draft is Jesse Gabrielle. Guy has energy and grit written all over him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEcQRpnwGs#t=75
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=199921
I like Darcy Ashley of the Halifax Mooseheads as an overager, he's similar to Ryan Bourque.

__________________
"If you can't skate well and/or can't make a clean first pass, you aren't a defensive defenseman. You are a bad defenseman." - Travis Yost
Raspewtin is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 09:16 AM
  #706
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 33,057
vCash: 500
Larkin or Tuch or Kempe. No more midgets please.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  #707
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..
 
offdacrossbar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: da cuse
Country: Tuvalu
Posts: 9,445
vCash: 500
were going forward this year. based upon prior years and trends with our staff, i say were going with a usa kid as well. that means look to the current usndp team for your pick.

sonny milano or alex tuch.

those are the 2 guys i say we are watching closely. both are usndp kids and both will go 15 or below.

milano obviously is the more talented kid. amazing skater and high end offensive skills. purely an offensive difference maker. if there are injury issues he may fall into our lap. hes a long island kid with bigtime offensive upside. wouldnt be surprised to see us make a strong move for this kid if he slips a bit.

tuch ive highlighted before. hes rising and developing his offensive game now too. power forward withn good wheels. cny kid who has all the tools to play a top 6 power scorer role.

HOWEVER

this is the kid i want us to draft right here.






offdacrossbar is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 03:25 PM
  #708
BBKers
Registered User
 
BBKers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Bialystok, Poland
Country: Iceland
Posts: 6,324
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Larkin or Tuch or Kempe. No more midgets please.
If you are referring to Patrnak he is now (at 17 yo and 18 in May) 6 feet tall and weighs slightly above 180 pounds
He has grown 3 inches and 30 pounds in a little bit over a year
This is hardly a midget

BBKers is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 04:33 PM
  #709
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
I like Darcy Ashley of the Halifax Mooseheads as an overager, he's similar to Ryan Bourque.
Might be a consideration, but it says on his elite prospect page that he is going to U of P.E.I next year. Does that mean he could still sign with us or whoever if he comes to a development program? Or is he fully committed to the university?

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 08:34 PM
  #710
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Blackhawks sign Trevor Van Riemsdyk http://inagist.com/all/448268108655239168/

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 12:57 AM
  #711
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Blackhawks sign Trevor Van Riemsdyk http://inagist.com/all/448268108655239168/
Well ****

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 01:48 AM
  #712
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
were going forward this year. Based upon prior years and trends with our staff, i say were going with a usa kid as well. That means look to the current usndp team for your pick.

Sonny milano or alex tuch.

Those are the 2 guys i say we are watching closely. Both are usndp kids and both will go 15 or below.

Milano obviously is the more talented kid. Amazing skater and high end offensive skills. Purely an offensive difference maker. If there are injury issues he may fall into our lap. Hes a long island kid with bigtime offensive upside. Wouldnt be surprised to see us make a strong move for this kid if he slips a bit.

Tuch ive highlighted before. Hes rising and developing his offensive game now too. Power forward withn good wheels. Cny kid who has all the tools to play a top 6 power scorer role.

However

this is the kid i want us to draft right here.





кто он?

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 08:42 AM
  #713
McRanger
Registered User
 
McRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,058
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptyvoid View Post
кто он?
Bless you.

McRanger is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 09:58 AM
  #714
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emptyvoid View Post
кто он?
Nikita Scherbak. Very interesting player. Great wheels and can score from the outside, or by rushing the net from the wing, but really excels in dishing the puck. He's really done a bang-up job of adapting to the North American game, and he definitely plays with a chip on his shoulder. I caught one game earlier in the year and he actually laid a big hit on the opposing team's goalie behind the net. He's played most of his time on the wing, but I think he could actually play center if given the opportunity.

He was also one of the best players on the ice during the top prospect's game. He has the usual questions about his defensive game and play away from the puck, but those areas seem to get better and better each game.

I'd absolutely be on board with him as our pick, but I think he'd represent a shift in 1st round drafting philosophy. A fault of mine is not hitching my wagon to a kid I really like simply because I can't see the Rangers drafting him. I did that with John Carlson in '08 and it stung too bad.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 11:49 AM
  #715
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,378
vCash: 50
So as draft day comes closer, what are some lower round players the Rangers should look into? I've mentioned I like Jack Dougherty and Alexis Vanier as 2nd round picks. What're some late picks we should look into? Do we go for potential bottom 6'ers or boom-or-bust players?

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 12:16 PM
  #716
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
So as draft day comes closer, what are some lower round players the Rangers should look into? I've mentioned I like Jack Dougherty and Alexis Vanier as 2nd round picks. What're some late picks we should look into? Do we go for potential bottom 6'ers or boom-or-bust players?
Don't know why, but I can see Daniel Muzito-Bagenda being a Ranger.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=86197

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 12:21 PM
  #717
Joey Bones
SO FRAT DUDE
 
Joey Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Nowhere
Country: United States
Posts: 3,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
were going forward this year. based upon prior years and trends with our staff, i say were going with a usa kid as well. that means look to the current usndp team for your pick.

sonny milano or alex tuch.

those are the 2 guys i say we are watching closely. both are usndp kids and both will go 15 or below.

milano obviously is the more talented kid. amazing skater and high end offensive skills. purely an offensive difference maker. if there are injury issues he may fall into our lap. hes a long island kid with bigtime offensive upside. wouldnt be surprised to see us make a strong move for this kid if he slips a bit.

tuch ive highlighted before. hes rising and developing his offensive game now too. power forward withn good wheels. cny kid who has all the tools to play a top 6 power scorer role.

HOWEVER

this is the kid i want us to draft right here.





Would be completely fine with Scherbak as our 1st.

Joey Bones is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 12:23 PM
  #718
Raspewtin
NYR Stats Geek
 
Raspewtin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Howard Beach, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 22,378
vCash: 50
There are a LOT of good players that should fall within the Rangers' range. Just Gordie and co. don't **** this up.

Raspewtin is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 01:36 PM
  #719
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Kevin Hayes to Rangers???



Hawks have been signing ufa prospects, while their own 1st round pick is not signed and if still not signed can be an UFA at the age of 22 years old. will be 22 in May. has history with Chris Kreider and is a need to NYR, has size skill and is another big body. what are the chances that the Rangers are trying to get him in the offseason or before the draft?? since Rangers dont have much draft picks, he would be a solid pick up.. anyone heard of rumors of Hayes being dealt or let go, because its shocking that he has not signed with the Hawks yet.. another Wheeler situation maybe???

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 01:56 PM
  #720
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 17,620
vCash: 500
Seriously doubt Hayes or Johns fall through the Hawks' fingers. He hasn't signed yet because his season hasn't ended.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 02:06 PM
  #721
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Seriously doubt Hayes or Johns fall through the Hawks' fingers. He hasn't signed yet because his season hasn't ended.
well if a player wants to choose where to play, if he has a chance to be an UFA, im sure the player will try to take advantage of that... if Hayes becomes the Schultz and Wheeler of the young UFA, Rangers should be one of the favorites....

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 02:07 PM
  #722
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
Bless you.
спасибо

I like what I'm hearing about players in the last 1st round. Seems like a fair amount of top six talent is available...

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 02:43 PM
  #723
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 3,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
Kevin Hayes to Rangers???



Hawks have been signing ufa prospects, while their own 1st round pick is not signed and if still not signed can be an UFA at the age of 22 years old. will be 22 in May. has history with Chris Kreider and is a need to NYR, has size skill and is another big body. what are the chances that the Rangers are trying to get him in the offseason or before the draft?? since Rangers dont have much draft picks, he would be a solid pick up.. anyone heard of rumors of Hayes being dealt or let go, because its shocking that he has not signed with the Hawks yet.. another Wheeler situation maybe???
Hawks have 2 guys like that. Hayes might go play with his brother in FLA. Great athlete, and has been the 3rd best forward on BC after Gaudeau and Arnold. He'll have plenty of suitors.

The other kid, well man beast, is Stephen Johns... He should be highly sought after. McIlrath like defenseman. No offensive upside, and isn't the fighter McIlrath is, but big, mean, tough crease clearing defenseman... He might be the best college UFA this year. Lots of pro ready attributes, hits like a truck, and is a very good skater. He's a big big kid.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 03:03 PM
  #724
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikos87 View Post
Hawks have 2 guys like that. Hayes might go play with his brother in FLA. Great athlete, and has been the 3rd best forward on BC after Gaudeau and Arnold. He'll have plenty of suitors.

The other kid, well man beast, is Stephen Johns... He should be highly sought after. McIlrath like defenseman. No offensive upside, and isn't the fighter McIlrath is, but big, mean, tough crease clearing defenseman... He might be the best college UFA this year. Lots of pro ready attributes, hits like a truck, and is a very good skater. He's a big big kid.
hmm Johns is also a RH D but is from PA so maybe if not signed he will sign with Penguins or Flyers. but at this time who knows. i just hope Rangers signing the right players to fit this team.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 03:16 PM
  #725
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,232
vCash: 500
Ducks sign free agent C/RW Matt Bailey


http://www.adn.com/2014/03/13/337327...-team-all.html


http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=112189

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:19 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.