HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds vs Hawks:Fifteen minutes to game time and no GDT

Old
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Iron Duke

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDhockeyfan View Post
Preds win 2-0 and I hope all the worrying about Rinne talk can stop. His first shutout of the season. They can't beat Edmonton but they can beat Chicago.
Can't stop worrying til he's back this level consistently, but circumstances give him a good deal of leeway imo.

Iron Duke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:39 PM
klt2001

Good win. Nice to see Rinne bounce back. Nice job keeping the lead and getting a shutout.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:42 PM
Nitrous Mafia

"we're on a mission from god"

-preds

Nitrous Mafia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I guess RInne forgot that he is a worse goaltender than Carter Hutton

Weber with nearly 35 minutes of ice time tonight.

This game was Barry Trotz's end-game. This is his ideal scenario 99% of the time.

Forsberg with least TOI on the team outside of Jones who exited the game early, not to return. 7:59 TOI. Even Clune had 8:30. Lol.

Wilson with 11 minutes.

Spaling again amongst the TOI leaders at the forward position. This is a trend that has continued since the beginning of January where he has been consistently in the top 3 TOI forwards each game. Fisher also shares that honor, unsurprisingly.

Strong game by Pekka, but a good job of pushing shots out wide and limiting second chance opportunities.

Offensively, the Predators were terrible. They capitalized when they needed to, but Crawford faced low quality shot attempts (what few were attempted) for the majority of the night.

We have won 3 of 4 against the Hawks. Conversely we lost the season series to Edmonton 3-0.

TOI for our center icemen: Fisher 21, Iron Hook 13:46, Sissons 13:20, Wilson 11:43. I suspect PK time had a lot to do with the small differences there.

Faceoff note: The Hook with only 2 wins 11 losses. Ouch. Wilson with 5 and 4. Much better for Colin which is a good sign.

03-23-2014, 09:05 PM
Iron Duke

Chalk another one up for those boring Perds. 3 out of 4 from the Hawks is just...bizarre. Must just completely overlook us.

Old
03-23-2014, 09:32 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
well that brings my GDT record up to 1-1-0, lifetime… although I am 1-0-0 on HF..

think I'll retire now...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:46 PM
klt2001

Liking Calle Jarnkrok's play. Looks good out there. Forsberg however still looks like he could use work. Seems to get manhandled too much along the boards. Might need to bulk up some to help w/ that.

klt2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 09:58 PM
PFL615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
I guess RInne forgot that he is a worse goaltender than Carter Hutton

Weber with nearly 35 minutes of ice time tonight.

This game was Barry Trotz's end-game. This is his ideal scenario 99% of the time.

Forsberg with least TOI on the team outside of Jones who exited the game early, not to return. 7:59 TOI. Even Clune had 8:30. Lol.

Wilson with 11 minutes.

Spaling again amongst the TOI leaders at the forward position. This is a trend that has continued since the beginning of January where he has been consistently in the top 3 TOI forwards each game. Fisher also shares that honor, unsurprisingly.

Strong game by Pekka, but a good job of pushing shots out wide and limiting second chance opportunities.

Offensively, the Predators were terrible. They capitalized when they needed to, but Crawford faced low quality shot attempts (what few were attempted) for the majority of the night.

We have won 3 of 4 against the Hawks. Conversely we lost the season series to Edmonton 3-0.

TOI for our center icemen: Fisher 21, Iron Hook 13:46, Sissons 13:20, Wilson 11:43. I suspect PK time had a lot to do with the small differences there.

Faceoff note: The Hook with only 2 wins 11 losses. Ouch. Wilson with 5 and 4. Much better for Colin which is a good sign.
Should of just played Eaves and left FF in MIL.

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:11 PM
Iron Duke

I don't see any harm in playing Forsberg for a few games in a limited role just to get him a bit of a sniff against NHL competition as long as he isn't being expected to produce much in that role, which I doubt he is. He still probably isn't ready yet, but he can at least get a reminder of the speed and strength of the game at this level and maybe go back to Milwaukee with a few more things to work on.

Old
03-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
I don't see any harm in playing Forsberg for a few games in a limited role just to get him a bit of a sniff against NHL competition as long as he isn't being expected to produce much in that role, which I doubt he is. He still probably isn't ready yet, but he can at least get a reminder of the speed and strength of the game at this level and maybe go back to Milwaukee with a few more things to work on.
Good argument.

I would rather him play in Milwaukee if he is getting 8 minutes with Clune. I think he has more potential to grow his game in that capacity.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:37 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
Should of just played Eaves and left FF in MIL.
Eaves is injured. With Hornqvist out with the birth of his baby we had to call someone up to have 12 forwards or go with 7 D again. Clune has his purpose as all you have to do is look at his twitter and his eye all swollen up. He protected Forsberg while he was out there at least.

INDhockeyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 10:39 PM
Iron Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
Good argument.

I would rather him play in Milwaukee if he is getting 8 minutes with Clune. I think he has more potential to grow his game in that capacity.
I don't think it would be good for his development to be in such a situation for an extended period of time, but for a short-term call-up just to keep his eye on the prize a bit? Eh, why not? I'm thinking we're probably going to see a few of the Admirals cycled up just to have a look over this last stretch.

Old
03-23-2014, 10:49 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Eaves is never the answer

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 02:59 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Good win Preds, Way to go Pekka!!!

Hope Jones' injury isn't too bad.

I'm well aware that it is only 2 games, and aside from his faceoffs (which will get better over time), I'm really liking Jarnkrok.

Quote:
Clune has his purpose as all you have to do is look at his twitter and his eye all swollen up. He protected Forsberg while he was out there at least.
Quote:
Carter Hutton ‏@CarterHutton
Good old fashion punch in the face match. It's a tough gig but someone has to do it @richcluneshow #whyimagoalie pic.twitter.com/Ii5M3g602Z

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 08:16 AM
PFL615

Quote:
Eaves is injured. With Hornqvist out with the birth of his baby we had to call someone up to have 12 forwards or go with 7 D again. Clune has his purpose as all you have to do is look at his twitter and his eye all swollen up. He protected Forsberg while he was out there at least.
If that's the case than call up Beck or Watson not FF. If he "isn't ready" for the NHL then it does no good to give him a sniff of anything. I would think a guy getting top minutes with a top line in the AHL would be better for him than limited minutes under the watchful snarl of Trotz.

Old
03-24-2014, 08:19 AM
Preds33

Quote:
If that's the case than call up Beck or Watson not FF. If he "isn't ready" for the NHL then it does no good to give him a sniff of anything. I would think a guy getting top minutes with a top line in the AHL would be better for him than limited minutes under the watchful snarl of Trotz.
So putting Watson or Beck out there with Clune for 7 minutes of TOI is good for them but bad for Forsberg?

Really what they should have done last night was roll 7 D again like they did in Calgary. No one should have been called up. This was also FF's 3rd game in 3 days, but it would have also been any call up's 3rd game in 3 days.

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 08:21 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds33 View Post
So putting Watson or Beck out there with Clune for 7 minutes of TOI is good for them but bad for Forsberg?

Really what they should have done last night was roll 7 D again like they did in Calgary. No one should have been called up. This was also FF's 3rd game in 3 days.
Watson; yeah, I think 7-10 minutes a night on the 4th line would be good for him. He doesn't project to be a scoring line player in the NHL anyway.

Old
03-24-2014, 08:30 AM
PFL615

Quote:

Really what they should have done last night was roll 7 D again like they did in Calgary. No one should have been called up. This was also FF's 3rd game in 3 days, but it would have also been any call up's 3rd game in 3 days.
Your option would work to. But yes FF is 19. Watson and Beck are older and IMO are ready for the NHL already. Plus I already said if I had control I would not want Jarnkrok or FF anywhere near Trotz.

Old
03-24-2014, 10:05 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

[[/B]
Quote:
Your option would work to. But yes FF is 19. Watson and Beck are older and IMO are ready for the NHL already. Plus I already said if I had control I would not want Jarnkrok or FF anywhere near Trotz.
I was thinking the same thing! He will let them run and gun for a bit, but then will start "coaching" them "the Preds way" and suck all creativity and puck possession out.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Preds33

From @samtpage

From all games played last night combined

Preds33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 02:55 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Unsurprising.

Wilson was a turnover machine earlier this year, and he is still figuring out his role as a center. It is safe to say that this year has been a disaster for Colin. I suspect a lot of improvement with a secure role next year, a full TC, and a year removed from both shoulder surgeries.

Spaling .... well ..... I guess for those that watch his game, this is more of the same. He isn't great with the puck. He isn't a great passer. He has been much better battling in the corners and has been very good in front of the net. I'll give him credit. He has become a better player away from the puck even if he can't ever keep control of it

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Persona5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
Appreciate it.

2 pts in 2 games isn't enough for you guys???
Both assist were not really a product of his play although at least he didn't screw it up. Fact is he has been ok for his first two NHL games. He looked a lot better overall in his second game so that is great to see.

Persona5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 03:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I bet Hornqvist numbers are far from those.

Old
03-24-2014, 07:49 PM
Hockeyfever

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Watson; yeah, I think 7-10 minutes a night on the 4th line would be good for him. He doesn't project to be a scoring line player in the NHL anyway.
The latest update on Watson your non projected scoring line NHL player. Currently has a stat line of 10 points in his last 10 games. Also leads the team this season with the longest point streak at 7 games which is still ongoing. Longer than FF, Beck, Sissons or Jrankrok. Not bad for a player some think doesn't have much offense. IMO if he got the ice time and linemates that those other players do you would be seeing even much higher season point totals.

Hockeyfever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 09:44 PM
PFL615

Quote:
From @samtpage

From all games played last night combined

And now Spaling is getting top line minutes? Sounds about right for Trotz.