HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rosen-Micheletti

Old
02-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Trio Grande

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Billy Jaffe is the worst in the business. Worse than the Boston guys. Worse than the Buffalo guys. Worse than anyone.
i don't like him either, and i'm an islander fan. i miss joe.

Trio Grande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 06:26 PM
chosen

I much prefer Michiletti to Davidson who started out as a great announcer and evolved into a house shill, especially for his buddies on the Rangers. It reached an absurd point when Messier could practically shoot it into his own net and not even draw a mention from JD.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Sam's great, Michiletti is nothing compared to JD and isn't that great. Doc is OK, Chico is a babeling moron. He makes Keith Hernandez look good.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:47 PM
yada
move 2 dallas 4 work

Send a message via Yahoo to yada
best duo in hockey in my opinion i really like joe as he has come in and tried not to be jd and has shown respect for all

yada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:48 PM
Scotty Hockey

I love Sam, he is one of the better play-by-play guys in the league.

Now Joe, I hate him. Too often he narrates the replays rather than interprets them and when he does try to explain things, he has often been wrong. His voice is annoying and he gets worked up too easily over little things. Not to mention that he will announce an opinion then not really back it up. He is horrid. Then again, I think he is better than Maloney on radio, who sounds like he is drunk or brain damaged too often ...

Scotty Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:56 PM
roxchipsi8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparaitis666 View Post
Uses a broad vocabulary? Half of the time he uses words that don't fit in the context of the game, and or makes words up. A perfect example is when he says something like: The shot was stopped in the goalies paraphernalia!

I agree. Still can't figure out what a "shovel shot" is. Years of hockey camp and i've never learned it. Maybe thats why i'm not in the NHL.

I loved JD, but couldn't stand his announcing in last year's playoff series vs the devils. Sounded like he was fellating gary bettman in the booth.

roxchipsi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:00 PM
alkurtz

Not a fan of Joe. As a matter of fact, I think that he hasn't grown as the year has progressed. But, he's replacing a legend and deserves another year. I miss the chemistry and the synergy between Sam and JD. The lack of synergy is dragging Sam down...but, another year is fair. The whole trivia thing has become silly and is no longer the great fun it was.
I'm a big fan of Mike Emrick. For those of us older fans, who remember Foster Hewitt (considered the greatest hockey announcer of all time): back in the 60s, before cable, the net, etc, the only way to listen to hockey aside from the Rangers, was to hopefully have good radio reception and pick up Hewitt from Toronto and Danny Galivan from Montreal). Once you heard Hewitt, it was always possible to pick up those announcers influenced by him. He had a certain cadence to his voice and gave an ebb and flow to the game. Emrick certainly sounds like Hewitt was a major influence. Thats why he's the best there is.

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxchipsi8 View Post
I agree. Still can't figure out what a "shovel shot" is. Years of hockey camp and i've never learned it. Maybe thats why i'm not in the NHL.

I loved JD, but couldn't stand his announcing in last year's playoff series vs the devils. Sounded like he was fellating gary bettman in the booth.
JD was horrid in his last few years with the Rangers. He tried so hard not to be a homer that it got to be ridiculous and he would just say the dumbest ****.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

No one can replace JD for me...but Joe is doing as best a job he can. My only complaint is that he used to work for the Isles and I think he still is an Isle at heart. I wish we could have Howie here

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:12 PM
bmoak

I never hear Sabres fans complain about their broadcasters, so they must be excellent. Perhaps MSG could hire them away and Rangers fans would have the broadcasting team they desrve.

bmoak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:04 PM
In The Flesh

I've grown to like Chico a little more than the past, but he reallly does drool all over Marty all game long.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:12 AM
dave4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
I'm going on a limb and I'm going to say that Joe has been better than JD has been over the last 5 or so years. Joe's been a breath of fresh air. I cannot imagine a single person disliking the guy. He's brutally honest. Can't find that much in the game.
I totally agree with this statement. JD was great for insight into what's going on around the league, and he always had information about every player in the league.

But it was annoying when the Rangers would be playing like crap, and he would go on and on about how great the other team was playing. And he wouldn't say much about how the Rangers were playing.

I loved when Joe was incredulous as to how they would go away from what worked for them on the power play. You'd never hear JD say something like that.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:20 AM
in the hall

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Sam's great, Michiletti is nothing compared to JD and isn't that great. Doc is OK, Chico is a babeling moron. He makes Keith Hernandez look good.
Keith Hernandez IS good.

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:52 PM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

I am liking Joe and Sam. They battle sometimes and I think it's very healthy/entertaining.

02-26-2007, 05:25 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
I am liking Joe and Sam. They battle sometimes and I think it's very healthy/entertaining.
I just hate how Joe keeps saying this ranger is playing great, and how that ranger is doing an outstanding job, all while we are losing to the Flyers, Blue Jacket, etc.. Can he at least come out and say they are playing like crap. JD at least would say things like, call the cops sam, someone stole the rangers legs.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 05:35 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
Keith Hernandez IS good.
Seriously. Hernandez is fantastic.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 06:16 PM
The Thomas J.*

@ least Jow tells it like it is.

I love Gary Thorne, I miss him so <3
He would be a great replacement for Sam.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 06:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
WOAH WOAH WOAH! KEITH HERNANDEZ IS AWESOME! He calls a great game, he knows the game. He calls the pitch before the cather even throws down the side, and most importantly he is usually HAMMERED by the 7th inning stretch!

When Hernandez, Darling & Rose are in the booth together its just fun to listen to. I never get tired of those guys together. I love the old storys, Freaks me out a little bit cause now I relate to them, because I remember them, Kind of makes me feel older & more mature.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote