HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#73 - 03/24/14 | Phoenix Coyotes @ New York Rangers | 7:00 - MSG

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2014, 10:56 AM
  #76
boyle2boyle
Registered User
 
boyle2boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 750
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Why not call up Fast? At least we saw him play in the NHL.
Much better option than Haggerty in my opinion. I have high hopes for the kid but he hasn't even played a pro game yet.

boyle2boyle is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:01 AM
  #77
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I always wondered if players literally get the flu. It seems like when someone' feeling under the weather that's what they call it. I think I literally had the flu once as an adult.
I was always curious too. I assume it's just a headcold most of the time, or something of the like.

But also, maybe these guys can't get flu shots? I don't get sick as often as they do. I consider myself healthy in my eating habits and working out, I'm also constantly washing my hands/using purell, but these guys are in the best shape of people in the world. I know they're not immune, but I assume they also have top notch systems, surely better then mine.

AHB is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:03 AM
  #78
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajdj10 View Post
Must win game this.
Otherwise it's season over.
Disagree.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:06 AM
  #79
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,819
vCash: 659
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/E...NYRangers.html

According to Sports Club Stats, a loss in regulation tonight would decrease the Rangers' playoff odds 4.7% -- to 90.3%.

MUST WIN GAME.

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:09 AM
  #80
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,202
vCash: 500
LOL if we lose tonight we have a 90% chance at the playoffs? We still act like the sky is falling. I was reading some devils fans the other day talking about their 10% chance of making the playoffs and they were happy that they had an easy schedule and could realistically win out.

Dactyl is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
  #81
Aufheben
Moderator
The jam must flow...
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, B.C.
Country: Angola
Posts: 10,378
vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I was always curious too. I assume it's just a headcold most of the time, or something of the like.

But also, maybe these guys can't get flu shots? I don't get sick as often as they do. I consider myself healthy in my eating habits and working out, I'm also constantly washing my hands/using purell, but these guys are in the best shape of people in the world. I know they're not immune, but I assume they also have top notch systems, surely better then mine.
They also travel a lot though.

__________________

Aufheben is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:10 AM
  #82
Wolfy
Registered User
 
Wolfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
St.Louis has been useless as a Ranger, and soon 40 years old. I don't have high hopes for grand-pa.

It's hard for old people in the NHL. Did you notice Jagr when we played the Devils? He had to stop and catch his breath...jeez

The flu or the real influenza is a tough virus infection that will put you out for a week, or even two. A common cold is more like it, virus infection in the upper respiratory tract, causing a sore throat, runny nose and a light fever. Because of a weaker immune system you should relax and stay warm, or it may lead to serious bacterial infections like pneumonia.

The doc has spoken.

Wolfy is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:23 AM
  #83
NYR89
Registered User
 
NYR89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,658
vCash: 500
Do people still think MSL has been useless?

He's had some solid setups that have/haven't gotten finished. I thought he's looked pretty good. Not great, but certainly not as bad as people are making it out to be

NYR89 is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:24 AM
  #84
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
http://www.sportsclubstats.com/NHL/E...NYRangers.html

According to Sports Club Stats, a loss in regulation tonight would decrease the Rangers' playoff odds 4.7% -- to 90.3%.

MUST WIN GAME.
Holy ****! I didn't realize how important this game actually was. Definition of a must win game.

__________________
Ail is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:26 AM
  #85
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug
 
Fire Sather's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 19,345
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Rangers have a chance to put up a decent cushion in the Metro

It may not be a must win, but if we're trying to clinch before game 82.. we might want to win it.

Fire Sather is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:29 AM
  #86
AHB
Registered User
 
AHB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 3,461
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
St.Louis has been useless as a Ranger, and soon 40 years old. I don't have high hopes for grand-pa.

It's hard for old people in the NHL. Did you notice Jagr when we played the Devils? He had to stop and catch his breath...jeez

The flu or the real influenza is a tough virus infection that will put you out for a week, or even two. A common cold is more like it, virus infection in the upper respiratory tract, causing a sore throat, runny nose and a light fever. Because of a weaker immune system you should relax and stay warm, or it may lead to serious bacterial infections like pneumonia.

The doc has spoken.
I don't necessarily disagree, but using Jagr to prove your point is probably not great.

AHB is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
  #87
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,283
vCash: 50
Good to see Diaz in again.

MSL scores 2 goals in this one and blows everyone's mind. This is his game. Book it.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:31 AM
  #88
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Can we play them on the road instead?

RangerBlue62 is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:35 AM
  #89
schabadoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHB View Post
I don't get sick as often as they do.
When was the last time MSL and Stepan were sick?

schabadoo is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:36 AM
  #90
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy View Post
St.Louis has been useless as a Ranger, and soon 40 years old. I don't have high hopes for grand-pa.

It's hard for old people in the NHL. Did you notice Jagr when we played the Devils? He had to stop and catch his breath...jeez

The flu or the real influenza is a tough virus infection that will put you out for a week, or even two. A common cold is more like it, virus infection in the upper respiratory tract, causing a sore throat, runny nose and a light fever. Because of a weaker immune system you should relax and stay warm, or it may lead to serious bacterial infections like pneumonia.

The doc has spoken.
Ok, well first of all, these guys are 38-41 years old, not 90. Second of all, MSL was a force in Tampa all season and the only reason I see he's not producing points is because Rangers and nothing else because he's looked pretty darn good out there so far, but just hasn't scored. If everyone finished on this team he'd easily have 6 or 7+ points right now.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:38 AM
  #91
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Ok, well first of all, these guys are 38-41 years old, not 90. Second of all, MSL was a force in Tampa all season and the only reason I see he's not producing points is because Rangers and nothing else because he's looked pretty darn good out there so far, but just hasn't scored. If everyone finished on this team he'd easily have 6 or 7+ points right now.
Take it from this guy, he knows a lot about being 90.

Ail is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:41 AM
  #92
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,283
vCash: 50
Aaannnnnnndddddd there goes my feelers.

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:42 AM
  #93
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 16,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killem Dafoe View Post
Aaannnnnnndddddd there goes my feelers.
Feelors pls

Ail is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:45 AM
  #94
Killem Dafoe
Moderator
modus operandi
 
Killem Dafoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Land of Bad Drivers
Country: United States
Posts: 15,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ail View Post
Feelors pls
Your Dad will see that and feel 200 years old now. Good job.

#sonoftheyear

Killem Dafoe is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
  #95
LORENZO
Registered User
 
LORENZO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Country: England
Posts: 973
vCash: 500
JT Miller on standby

LORENZO is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:47 AM
  #96
polarbearcub
Registered User
 
polarbearcub's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,000
vCash: 500
Please rangers beat the coyotes in regulation. Signed : Canuck fan clinging to 2.8 percent playoff chance.

polarbearcub is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 11:52 AM
  #97
TigerJack
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country:
Posts: 814
vCash: 500
Time for Zucc to score. 14 games without a goal.

4-1 Rangers. Zuccx2, MSL, D. Moore.

TigerJack is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 12:40 PM
  #98
E-Train
Registered User
 
E-Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Long Island
Posts: 1,256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
I always wondered if players literally get the flu. It seems like when someone' feeling under the weather that's what they call it. I think I literally had the flu once as an adult.
Pretty much. Seems like athletes never get colds, only the flu.

E-Train is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 12:54 PM
  #99
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
Last time we played them, we kinda stunk and lost 4-1..

A W tonight would ease some minds...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 12:55 PM
  #100
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Train View Post
Pretty much. Seems like athletes never get colds, only the flu.
It can't be a real flu, as playing with that could be life threatening. Plus you can be vaccinated against most flus, which pro athletes certainly are.

jniklast is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.