HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mon., Mar. 24, 2014| Kings 3 at Flyers 2

Old
03-24-2014, 10:04 PM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Pretty much. And people are ripping the goalie when the Flyers should have had 3 goals tonight. Vinny missed a wide open net from 2 feet out. Inexcusable for a forward to not bury that.
We are more ripping Holmer and Berube. Everyone know Emerys is physically unable to play and will be out of the NHL next year, yet he is our back up,who just cost us points. The 1st two goals you expect any random AHL goalie to,stop.

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:04 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYERSFAN18 View Post
I think it is a tie between that, the game winning goal in game six against Leighton and the one Bryz shot into Clarksons shin pad and into the net
I forgot about that one... but I still think Emery's is worse, he went out of his way to give them that goal. Bryz's was both being stupid and unlucky.

Striiker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:05 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
They should just hand the Rangers the Cup now, who would have known they would have breezed some juggernauts like Ottawa, Columbus, New Jersey, & Phoenix. That's a really who's who of elitist amongst the NHL.
Seriously let's not hype up the rangers too much. We are most def better than them. We just got done beating the pens hawks blues and almost kings. They will go in there and run things for sure

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Curufinwe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post
We all play the same teams. We get no extra points for beating top teams. As good as we are , we are still below the Rangers. Mason starts tonight, we are still ahead of them.
I'll remember this Starting-Mason-guarantees-victory theory next time he loses. Or we could just go back to the NJ GDT where people were tearing him apart for that close range Jagr goal.

Curufinwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tripod

Quote:
So cause we are playing good, you just say **** the points and go Emery vs Quick ? That's is moronic.
No, I am saying that we have won a hell of a lot more lately than ANYONE expected INCLUDING Emery winning a game. Is he good? No. But Mason can't play every game and Wednesday's game is more important that today's.

Maybe Berube was hoping that with Carter and Richards coming home, the Flyer players might actually be pumped to play against them. Maybe some of the blame goes to playing like garbage for 2 periods and allowing 41 shots on net. Maybe score a PP goal.

There are many reasons why we lost tonight, Emery is just one of them yet has a SV% if .927.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:06 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yea you are going to play him more than 4 games in a row though. There's no reason for him to not play this game. Like I posted in the beginning of the gtd him starting changed my prediction from a win to a lose. Picked 4-2 in the prediction thread
Soon as I saw Emery starting, it was a lock to pick. Kings. I even wrote that in prediction. If anyone thought Emery could beat Quick, other than Berube, you need to lay off the drugs.

Old
03-24-2014, 10:06 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Flyers haven't played very well since the Chi game. I don't consider dominating a single period a game and being mediocre or bad the rest of the game very well. Rangers game most certainly isn't in the bag. With that said I think this loss give the Flyers a kick in the ass causing them to come out with a solid performance and a subsequent win in NY.
...that's basically what I said haha. No game is in the bag but I'm betting the flyers take the next one.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:07 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Seriously let's not hype up the rangers too much. We are most def better than them. We just got done beating the pens hawks blues and almost kings. They will go in there and run things for sure
The rangers are very good, and if we have to play them in the playoffs I don't think we will win.

VInny is godawful. Gawful. 0 shots on goal. THe only top 9 guy to have zero shots on goal. When everyone was flying out their at the end of the third he stood out for how out of placed he look. And to whomever said Brayden Schenn looks so average. You are right.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:08 PM
flyershockey

Quote:
We are more ripping Holmer and Berube. Everyone know Emerys is physically unable to play and will be out of the NHL next year, yet he is our back up,who just cost us points. The 1st two goals you expect any random AHL goalie to,stop.
I already put blame on Homer for not getting a competent backup. Thanks for setting me straight though, lord of the Flyers board. I'm not going to run through the hypothetical what-if games though. I will criticize a goal scorer for missing a wide open net from the top the crease. Complete crap.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:08 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curufinwe View Post
I'll remember this Starting-Mason-guarantees-victory theory next time he loses. Or we could just go back to the NJ GDT where people were tearing him apart for that close range Jagr goal.
Mase isn't an auto win, but our chances go up a lot. Starting Emery is a loss,,especially vs Quick.

Emery is not a NHL quality goalie, and it ****ing sucks that he has to play for us during a tight , close playoff race.

Old
03-24-2014, 10:09 PM
Jtown

Quote:
Mase isn't an auto win, but our chances go up a lot. Starting Emery is a loss,,especially vs Quick.

Emery is not a NHL quality goalie, and it ****ing sucks that he has to play for us during a tight , close playoff race.
wish we could have acquired someone like Neuvirth or halek.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:10 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
We all play the same teams. We get no extra points for beating top teams. As good as we are , we are still below the Rangers. Mason starts tonight, we are still ahead of them.
You called them red hot for beating 3 out of 4 non playoff teams at moment.

We lost one game to a top team in the league, the sky isn't falling.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:12 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
You called them red hot for beating 3 out of 4 non playoff teams at moment.

We lost one game to a top team in the league, the sky isn't falling.
Kings aren't a top team, they are in our calibre but no where near a top calibre team. And we get points from them and keep the streak alive if we started our starter.

Old
03-24-2014, 10:14 PM
The Couturier Effect

Well look at the bright side, Sean Avery got eliminated from Dancing with the Stars.

The Couturier Effect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:15 PM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennysflyers16 View Post
kings aren't a top team, they are in our calibre but no where near a top calibre team. And we get points from them and keep the streak alive if we started our starter.
you have no proof of this!

Old
flyershockey

Quote:
Kings aren't a top team, they are in our calibre but no where near a top calibre team. And we get points from them and keep the streak alive if we started our starter.
Laughable. The Kings stand as good a chance as any to win a cup.

flyershockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
StandingCow

Flyers took two periods off... can't win a game in one period consistently. Last goal was poorly played by Emery, but it shouldn't have come down to that.

Let's hope they rebound against the rangers.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:17 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
you have no proof of this!
Of course there is no proof, but my eyes tell me Mase easily stops goal one and two. Maybe one of the other routine shots beat him, so we are tied and get a point ?

Old
03-24-2014, 10:20 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Laughable. The Kings stand as good a chance as any to win a cup.
You really think that ? They are a clear step below Sharks, ducks, Hawks , blues , Bruins IMO.

If you honestly think they are as good as those teams, make a bet cause you will make a lot of $$

Old
03-24-2014, 10:21 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

Anybody catch Carter's comments (video clip on CSN) about the trade......still a cocky ********. He is lucky his crying got him out of Columbus...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:21 PM
onlylordsvsmorebp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
The rangers are very good, and if we have to play them in the playoffs I don't think we will win.

VInny is godawful. Gawful. 0 shots on goal. THe only top 9 guy to have zero shots on goal. When everyone was flying out their at the end of the third he stood out for how out of placed he look. And to whomever said Brayden Schenn looks so average. You are right.
gawful(gaw-fuhl)

1.extemely bad;unpleasant ugly;miss entire ****ing net;vinny lecalvier

2inspiring fear;dreadful;ray emery 2on1

3ugly;terrible lack of effort;brayden schenn

onlylordsvsmorebp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:23 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
This is why we can't have nice things in this world.

The Flyers just reeled off a five game winning streak against some of the best teams in the league & you're in meltdown mode after one loss.

I would have understood being disappointed if they played like they did in the first & second periods for the full game but not now after that bounce back third period. We lost it happens we'll get back after it on Wednesday, the Rangers are a good team & likely a playoff team but they're not some immovable object like you're hyping them up to be. It's a way different team compared to the one that lumped us up not only the scoreboard but in the physical department these last few years.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Tripod

Emery....last 9 starts:

5 W -3 L- 1 OTL

SV% of .927, .920, .970, .872, .930, 1.000, .886, .939, .958

Sure looks like he only had 2 games where he was not good enough to win.

And in the 4 games he lost, he had shots against of 41, 39, 43, 35.

He certainly isn't getting help from the team in front if him clamping down to eliminate chances. What more do you want from a backup than numbers like this?

Old
03-24-2014, 10:25 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshPerspective View Post
Anybody catch Carter's comments (video clip on CSN) about the trade......still a cocky ********. He is lucky his crying got him out of Columbus...

The irrational Carter hate will never die. It's hilarious.

03-24-2014, 10:26 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
This is why we can't have nice things in this world.

The Flyers just reeled off a five game winning streak against some of the best teams in the league & you're in meltdown mode after one loss.

I would have understood being disappointed if they played like they did in the first & second periods for the full game but not now after that bounce back third period. We lost it happens will get back after it on Wednesday, the Rangers are a good team & likely a playoff team but they're not some immovable object like you're hyping them up to be. It's a way different team compared to the one that lumped us up not only the scoreboard but in the physical department these last few years.
Only thing I'm in meltdown mode is Emery. It sucks when team is playing great and we have a guy in net that should be retired. It's frustrating we lose points because of it.