Notices

Awesome deal for you guys

Old
02-11-2007, 09:42 AM
Taz#24

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Taz#24
Awesome deal for you guys

As a Bruins fan, congrats. With the pieces already in place in Calgary and with the additions of Brad STUART and Wayne PRIMEAU, you guys should have a nice playoff run, maybe even favourites in the West at this point. Your D is second to none with a top five consisting of STUART, PHANEUF, HAMRLIK, REGEHR and WARRINER, if I recall correctly ZYUZIN is your #6. Your goaltending is solid as well. All Calgary needs to add now IMHO is some secondary scoring. Shane DOAN is rumoured to be coming your way and depending on what you guys give in return, you guys could very well be hoisting Lord Stanley this Summer.

HUSELUIS-CONROY-IGINLA
TANGUAY-LOMBARDI-DOAN
FRIESEN-YELLE-AMONTE
NILSON-PRIMEAU-MCCARTY would be a pretty nice group of forwards.

Best of Luck in playoffs.

Taz#24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Jarome-a-Rome

You're forgetting Langkow, and McCarty isn't really gonna be an option for a while, who knows if he'll be back in time for the playoffs... also, our sixth d is Giordano, and Zyuzin is our 7th... our lines would probably look something more like this...

Tanguay - Conroy - Iginla
Huselius - Langkow - Moss
Friesen - Lombardi - Amonte
Primeau - Yelle - Nilson

Phaneuf - Hamrlik
Regehr - Stuart
Warrener - Giordano

Kiprusoff
Mclennan

Those are the likely starters for our team, although the combinations are ever changing, and I don't even want to begin trying to figure out what was going on with the lines last night, so I'm just using what we had for the few games before that as my guideline. Anyway, thanks for the congrats, and I hope your right that Doan is still a possibility, although I don't know that Kobasew might not have been an important piece to that puzzle as well.

Jarome-a-Rome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 12:10 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Hopefully Brad Stuart and Wayne Primeau gets things clicking with this team soon. I'd hate to see them get off to a slow start to adjust, like Alex Tanguay did.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:23 PM
b_bruins

Congrats Flames on the deal....
no disrespect to chuck and andrew...

but I'm pretty ticked at the Bruins organization...... yet..

again...

have a good run boys.

b_bruins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 01:29 PM
TowMater14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_bruins View Post
Congrats Flames on the deal....
no disrespect to chuck and andrew...

but I'm pretty ticked at the Bruins organization...... yet..

again...

have a good run boys.
Honestly, I think its funny how many Boston fans got screwed on this one. IMO Calgary gave up to much for two UFA's. I think that many fans have a hard time wrapping their heads around what UFA's are truly worth. I think that with all the UFA's on this years Calgary team, its this year or bust. That being said...the Calgary Flames team is turning out to be a sensational team and should be a team to go a long way.

Last edited by TowMater14: 02-12-2007 at 01:44 PM.
TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
MrMastodonFarm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gforce33 View Post
I think that with all the UFA's on this years Calgary team, its this year or bust. That .
I think you're a year ahead there squirt.

UFA in Calgary this summer include Hamrlik, Stuart, Amonte, McCarty, Nilson, Friesen, Primeau and McLennan.

One of Hamrlik/Stuart should and probably will be resigned. Besides that, does anyone else really matter?

The play of Giordano and Moss allowed the Flames to move Ference and Kobasew. Giordano has played above Ference at times this season, including when Ference was scratched earlier this month, and Moss has easily passed Kobasew. The Flames have a plethora of similar young talent ready to make th ejump to replace those veterns next year as well. Prust, Nystrom, Boyd, Ramholt, McElhinney Tarathukin etc.

Really just one poistion where a key UFA could leave, that's it.

MrMastodonFarm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 03:05 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz#24 View Post
With the pieces already in place in Calgary and with the additions of Brad STUART and Wayne PRIMEAU, you guys should have a nice playoff run, maybe even favourites in the West at this point.
Until we do something about our road woes, I don't see us as favorites in the West.

Old
02-12-2007, 07:28 PM
TowMater14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

UFA in Calgary this summer include Hamrlik, Stuart, Amonte, McCarty, Nilson, Friesen, Primeau and McLennan.

One of Hamrlik/Stuart should and probably will be resigned. Besides that, does anyone else really matter?

The play of Giordano and Moss allowed the Flames to move Ference and Kobasew. Giordano has played above Ference at times this season, including when Ference was scratched earlier this month, and Moss has easily passed Kobasew. The Flames have a plethora of similar young talent ready to make th ejump to replace those veterns next year as well. Prust, Nystrom, Boyd, Ramholt, McElhinney Tarathukin etc.

Really..."squirt"? Lol..Ok. Did you even read the rest of my post? Did I sound like I was insulting you?

TowMater14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Jared Ramsden
Hockey's Future Staff

Send a message via AIM to Jared Ramsden Send a message via MSN to Jared Ramsden Send a message via Yahoo to Jared Ramsden
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post

That's the key. And like you said with some of those guys in the AHL almost ready for the jump, probably next year, it made those guys expendable.

2011-12: The start of a new making the playoffs streak!

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/CalDevil3219
Jared Ramsden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 07:54 PM
abracanada

There has been talk that there have been hard feelings regarding the way Ference was treated. Even he talked about how he signed for less in order to stay in Calgary. That may be true, but you have to think, just because you sign for less, does not entitle your game to slip.

The Flames are much more solid defensively, now that Stuart is here.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-12-2007, 08:27 PM
Backhand

Good deal for both teams imo. Calgary gets more today and Boston gets long term assets. If Stuart is resigned win by the flames.

Backhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
PsYcNeT

You can bet your ass that Sutter will do everything he possibly can to retain Stuart (and hell, if we go deep in the playoffs, I'm sure it won't be that hard)

Stuart did play Junior (and win the WHL championship) with the Calgary Hitmen, so I'm sure hes comfortable in the city

PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 01:38 AM
DownInFlames

Hamrlik is gone in the summer. Sutter has history with Stuart. Also Calgary is talking to Pheonix about Shane Doan. Roman and Lombardi are the names being mentioned. IMO if calgary gets doan for the right price Calgary is bound for lord Stanley finest of cups.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-13-2007, 02:01 AM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFeva View Post
Hamrlik is gone in the summer. Sutter has history with Stuart. Also Calgary is talking to Pheonix about Shane Doan. Roman and Lombardi are the names being mentioned. IMO if calgary gets doan for the right price Calgary is bound for lord Stanley finest of cups.
you are the only person to have heard about hamrlik and lombardi being mentioned... unless you are going by what people are saying in the doan rumor thread... hamrlik is too valuable to be trade... and Lombardi should be our 2nd line center nad is having a very good year... Sutter isnt stupid enough to make a move like that

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:07 PM
Rock the Casbah

Sorry, but I think we can pretty much let go of the Doan rumours.

I really do like this trade though!

Rock the Casbah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-14-2007, 03:30 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock the Casbah View Post
Sorry, but I think we can pretty much let go of the Doan rumours.

I really do like this trade though!
its being reported doan has re-signed for 5 years... so yeah it can be dropped lol

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 06:05 PM
duffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OF4E View Post
Good deal for both teams imo. Calgary gets more today and Boston gets long term assets. If Stuart is resigned win by the flames.
Just wondering what you guys think of the guys you got from the Bruins so far?
I dont get to see many Flames games here in Nova Scotia with the time difference and all but love the way the Flames play( Sutter Style). - wish the B's played that way!
I do see a lot of Bruin games and I just love this Ference kid! If Kobasew is even a percentage of what he is toted to be I will be happy.
Do you guys think you will sign Stuart long term?
Duffy from Halifax.

duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2007, 09:00 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy View Post
Just wondering what you guys think of the guys you got from the Bruins so far?
Stuart has been decent so far, but has yet to really click and develop a chemistry with Regehr, but Primeau has been awesome.

Old
02-21-2007, 09:11 PM
HuskyFlames

Stuart has been the best defenseman on the Flames since his second game with the Flames. He has throw his body around, his passing is so crisp and slick. Right now Hamrlik and Phaneuf pairing are having trouble.

HuskyFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:46 AM
Kosikarzzz

Send a message via MSN to Kosikarzzz Send a message via Skype™ to Kosikarzzz
I have not been able to watch Calgary games that much so I can't comment on how our boys have been doing.

But Andrew Ference is a pretty good defenceman. He has that physical edge that this team lacked. Brad Stuart is going to knock the guy out of the rink, I find that Ference just plays it simple and knocks the guy down. His attitude and work ethic is clearly there. I like everything that I have seen form him and and very surprised.

I hope he rubs of on the team. Looking at thier record I would say he has.

I will miss B Stuart though. Good luck in the playoffs. Hopefully you get a repeat of what you guys did a few years ago. You set the bar. That was an amazing run. I will never forget that.

I remember watching the Bos-Mtl game and flipped to see the Calgary game and it was like watching a game on fast forward. Balls to the wall. I hope to see you guys do it again.

Kosikarzzz is offline   Reply With Quote