HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My theory on Kovalev's injury

Old
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Coco Fever

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafka View Post
If it's not the case, then they can't be called journalists. Its the no.1 principle of the profession.
And Michel Blanchard wouldn't write that just for fun. The guy has nothing to prove.

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
That said, you did write "he decided" to take the time off. Which isn't a far leap from "faking" or, if you prefer, sitting out when he could be playing.
Well, this is precisely tthe thruth. He could be playing, he kept that injuried elbow since December and played with it. I am not making up something here, it's everywhere in the news.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...ADN4063586.htm

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006487227

Again, I underline that I am making an hypothesis. I could be wrong with it because an other hypothesis could be that he truly believed it would be better for the team if he was taking a break to heal his elbow and then comeback. It also makes a lot of sense, but doesn't explain why he is not traveling with the team.

Kafka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 12:59 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Again, I underline that I am making an hypothesis. I could be wrong with it because an other hypothesis could be that he truly believed it would be better for the team if he was taking a break to heal his elbow and then comeback. It also makes a lot of sense, but doesn't explain why he is not traveling with the team.
And there's nothing wrong with your guess, but if he's not going to play (and is he on the IR?) then why bother traveling? He's likely at home working out with the doctors and physios in Montreal.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:02 PM
Coco Fever

Quote:
Well, this is precisely tthe thruth. He could be playing, he kept that injuried elbow since December and played with it. I am not making up something here, it's everywhere in the news.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default...ADN4063586.htm

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006487227

As Dany Dubé also said this week, funny how Carbo keeps sending messages to Kovalev when he says after the games:
- tonight all the players were working in the same direction...
- everybody did respect the game plan...
- easier to win games when you create less turnovers at the blue line...

I tend to agree with your hypothesis...

Coco Fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Habnot

Kovalev will never get a break in this town especially when some "faction" of the media continue to make highly discriminatory comments on all Russians. Tune in on any given night to 110% and you will hear the same message:
- all Russians are lazy
- all Russians don't care
- all this team needs is more French Quebecers, etc.

Bergeron and others continue to propagate unproven "opinions" about Kovy's injury. The best is that the game before, Kovy shot the puck really hard, how come he can't play now? How smart do you have to be to assume that Kovy was shooting up his elbow so that he could play but things were getting worse. The point is no one knows, but because he is Russian we assume the worse. I guess it is to be expected in this xenophobic "nation".

While I am on my soapbox, did anyone else notice lately that the french media have been poking fun at Bob Gainey's attempts to speak french. Heard more than one parody on CKAC ridiculing Bob Gainey. When I heard the bits the first thing that came to my mind is that maybe Saku has a point in resisting speaking french.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Kafka

Habnot, I think the medias you are refering to are only on the back of Kovalev and Samsonov. They aren't speaking of Markov (altought I guess the fact he doesn't like to speak to the media), Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovski etc.... By the way, I know those are not all Russians, but many of us put them in the same bag since they were all born under the USSR.

Old
02-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Habnot

Quote:
Habnot, I think the medias you are refering to are only on the back of Kovalev and Samsonov. They aren't speaking of Markov (altought I guess the fact he doesn't like to speak to the media), Perezhogin, Kostitsyn, Grabovski etc.... By the way, I know those are not all Russians, but many of us put them in the same bag since they were all born under the USSR.
I respectfully disagree.

Markov has often been label as a lazy,selfish Russian who doesn't care.

Habnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 01:51 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
I respectfully disagree.

Markov has often been label as a lazy,selfish Russian who doesn't care.
It's possible since I don't listen to every media (don't want to encourage people acting like morons most of the time). Personnaly, I don't find Markov lazy... in fact, he does his job most of the nights!

Old
02-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Namso

Quote:
markov and perezhogin are blasted just as well. of course kost and grabs aren't because most of the 110% fools have probably never heard of them.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:53 PM
Kafka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namso View Post
markov and perezhogin are blasted just as well. of course kost and grabs aren't because most of the 110% fools have probably never heard of them.
wow, and they don't say a word about the others? How can you keep listen to those if they are so biased? Be proud of your intelligence!

Old
02-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Puckhead58*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbhab View Post
Who the **** is this guy? oh wait this doesn't work when the guy has a higher post count, lol

Anyway, Kovalev does care, he is a playoff warrior, you will see.
Well I'm sorry, but I would rather have a guy on the team that goes out and plays his heart out EVERY GAME and do nothing in the playoffs than watch Kovalev go out there and float around putting forth little to no effort at all and play DECENT in the playoffs.
I don't know too many NHL players that don't play their hearts out in the playoffs, so why is Kovalev so special for doing it!!!
Trade him and get rid of his rotten attitude.....it's ruining a good hockey club!

Puckhead58* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 05:34 PM
Astroboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo View Post
this is all conjecture I won't comment on mere intangibles and conspiracy theories

Kovalev is what he is. He's no different than he was when he played for the Pens, Rangers or when he joined the Habs.

He can break games and command a lot of respect on the ice. Sometimes. But if he did it all the time, he would be worth way more than $4.5M. I also don't think a replacement would be easy to find before season's end, if at all.

But if Gainey can move him even just to get rid of salary, I wouldn't object to that. Best would be after a better player is traded for or signed in the off season. The freed $4.5M in cap space wouldn't get as flashy a player, but certainly a more consistent one. And with his poor point production this year, it can't be worse.
This is off topic, but I had to tell you I live the Avatar. Hilarious!

Astroboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:06 PM
Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy View Post
This is off topic, but I had to tell you I live the Avatar. Hilarious!
All the props to Seb_Rafter & Jeffonfire, who created it. I still crack up looking at it.

Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:15 PM
AlexeiKovalev27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habnot View Post
Kovalev will never get a break in this town especially when some "faction" of the media continue to make highly discriminatory comments on all Russians. Tune in on any given night to 110% and you will hear the same message:
- all Russians are lazy
- all Russians don't care
- all this team needs is more French Quebecers, etc.

Bergeron and others continue to propagate unproven "opinions" about Kovy's injury. The best is that the game before, Kovy shot the puck really hard, how come he can't play now? How smart do you have to be to assume that Kovy was shooting up his elbow so that he could play but things were getting worse. The point is no one knows, but because he is Russian we assume the worse. I guess it is to be expected in this xenophobic "nation".

While I am on my soapbox, did anyone else notice lately that the french media have been poking fun at Bob Gainey's attempts to speak french. Heard more than one parody on CKAC ridiculing Bob Gainey. When I heard the bits the first thing that came to my mind is that maybe Saku has a point in resisting speaking french.

Well that's french media, they will never accept how the russians are. Not only russians, but europeans, some guys of 110% smells like Don chery and it's so anoying to listen to them sometimes.
Ckac has become worse with time, I can't stand Michel Villeneuve that thinks he is god. Those new parody songs aren't always respectful to whom they're singing about. Anyways....

AlexeiKovalev27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Kafka

no rumors on satellite hot stove on Kovalev... I don't know if it's trully means Kovalev won't go. ;( I guess that Guerin and Tkachuk will find a place first...