HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

what a bonehead play by souray

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2007, 03:29 PM
  #1
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
what a bonehead play by souray

what was he thinking icing that puck. Such a low percentage play to make that pass.. show some friggin composure

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:31 PM
  #2
Captain Saku
Registered User
 
Captain Saku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 11,313
vCash: 500
you could have posted it in the GDT

Captain Saku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:31 PM
  #3
Ginoro
Registered User
 
Ginoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montreal
Country: French Guiana Independentist
Posts: 853
vCash: 500
... why is there a topic about that

Ginoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:33 PM
  #4
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
sorry fellas, it very well could have went on the gdt, i am just so pissed at the brainfart he had, that i wanted to hear how others felt about that topic on its own

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:37 PM
  #5
Souray44
Registered User
 
Souray44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: NB, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,419
vCash: 500
It sucked. Why was the 3rd line out anyway with 50 seconds left? What a stupid decision.

Nothing can top Bouillons brainfart however.

Souray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:41 PM
  #6
Demogod*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
It sucked. Why was the 3rd line out anyway with 50 seconds left? What a stupid decision.

Nothing can top Bouillons brainfart however.
Paying Souray 5 million a year would.

Demogod* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:08 PM
  #7
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Mods can this thread be merged is pretty much useless making threads for one bonehead play... How bout we make one for Boullion lol.

BTW icing it wasn't the best decision in this case, but id much rather ice the puck, than it ending up in our own net.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:59 PM
  #8
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Mods can this thread be merged is pretty much useless making threads for one bonehead play... How bout we make one for Boullion lol.

BTW icing it wasn't the best decision in this case, but id much rather ice the puck, than it ending up in our own net.
he had the puck on his stick with plenty of time... you cant justify this ice by saying atleast it wasnt a goal on our net

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 05:03 PM
  #9
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Um i clearly said is wasn't the best decision. And i'm generalizing about the icing thing. I'm saying in general it's better to be safe by icing the puck then it ending up in our own net.

Your making it sound like him trying a ill imformed stretch pass, somehow cost us the game. this is the impression i got from your post.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 05:20 PM
  #10
caper13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: cape breton nova scotia
Posts: 393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Um i clearly said is wasn't the best decision. And i'm generalizing about the icing thing. I'm saying in general it's better to be safe by icing the puck then it ending up in our own net.

Your making it sound like him trying a ill imformed stretch pass, somehow cost us the game. this is the impression i got from your post.
well ithink the d except komo and streit have been killing us lately bad passes bad d period. maybe the trade deadline is on there minds but except for today the ils it didnt hurt us they better get there act together monday or else because we always suck against the bigger and dirtyer leafs.

caper13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 05:42 PM
  #11
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
what was he thinking icing that puck. Such a low percentage play to make that pass.. show some friggin composure
His point total easily allows me to forgive the odd brainfart. The rest of the defence, and team, can contribute any time they want, however.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 05:51 PM
  #12
maniac
Registered User
 
maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Posts: 140
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
It sucked. Why was the 3rd line out anyway with 50 seconds left? What a stupid decision.

Nothing can top Bouillons brainfart however.


right on

maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:02 PM
  #13
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
His point total easily allows me to forgive the odd brainfart. The rest of the defence, and team, can contribute any time they want, however.

I see your point, maybe the argument should be that when it is late in the game like that and we arent going to have a chance for him to take his big windup to get a goal, we would be better off having a fast puck moving defenseman who can get the puck up the ice quickly and throw pucks towards the net.

We were putting the pressure on them for a few min until that play

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:05 PM
  #14
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
I see your point, maybe the argument should be that when it is late in the game like that and we arent going to have a chance for him to take his big windup to get a goal, we would be better off having a fast puck moving defenseman who can get the puck up the ice quickly and throw pucks towards the net.

We were putting the pressure on them for a few min until that play
Good point.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:06 PM
  #15
bonefizzle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 251
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
Um i clearly said is wasn't the best decision. And i'm generalizing about the icing thing. I'm saying in general it's better to be safe by icing the puck then it ending up in our own net.

Your making it sound like him trying a ill imformed stretch pass, somehow cost us the game. this is the impression i got from your post.
OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!
it s better to take a crap on the ice and stick handle it for a few seconds then , end up having the puck in your own net!!!

bonefizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:10 PM
  #16
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefizzle View Post
OBVIOUSLY!!!!!!
it s better to take a crap on the ice and stick handle it for a few seconds then , end up having the puck in your own net!!! thats a bad arguement
Sorry dude it just annoyed me that someone made a thread about an inconsequencial icing call.

Pretty funny quote though

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:12 PM
  #17
Habitants
Registered User
 
Habitants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,181
vCash: 500
its ok a spot on the anaheim defense just opened, so he'll be traded before next game

boby ryan+1st to mtl?

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:14 PM
  #18
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
I just watched tsn and they seemed like the were sorta picking on souray with the highlights they chose to show as well as the commentary.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:19 PM
  #19
kento19
@kento19
 
kento19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,131
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souray44 View Post
It sucked. Why was the 3rd line out anyway with 50 seconds left? What a stupid decision.

Nothing can top Bouillons brainfart however.
i know what you are saying. Some players piss me off. Laps, Lats, Murray, and johnson always stay on too long. As well as kovalev

kento19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 06:20 PM
  #20
Reuben
Registered User
 
Reuben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Victoria B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,816
vCash: 500
Souray's stats from todays game

24:55 mins played 1 goal 1shot on goal + 1 2pim

I'll take that anytime.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:08 PM
  #21
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitants View Post
its ok a spot on the anaheim defense just opened, so he'll be traded before next game

boby ryan+1st to mtl?
I don't even want Ryan on this team. He is slow and has some personality issues, there's a reason he was not picked to play for the US again in the WJC, and his numbers have gone down in the OHL this year; plus he's a -15. No thanks.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:20 PM
  #22
coolguy21415
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 9,285
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
I don't even want Ryan on this team. He is slow and has some personality issues, there's a reason he was not picked to play for the US again in the WJC, and his numbers have gone down in the OHL this year; plus he's a -15. No thanks.
Well his team sucks, so I wouldn't read too much into the -15.

__________________
This content is hosted here with the objections of the poster.
coolguy21415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:23 PM
  #23
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedScull View Post
Well his team sucks, so I wouldn't read too much into the -15.
It's true, Owen Sound sucks defensively, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's slow and has dropped in production so much that he couldn't make a US team that had problems offensively.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:45 PM
  #24
Nakamura
私はクソの葉を憎む
 
Nakamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Japan
Posts: 1,109
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
It's true, Owen Sound sucks defensively, but it doesn't take away from the fact he's slow and has dropped in production so much that he couldn't make a US team that had problems offensively.
Yea dude.. let's keep Souray for another 18 games and lose him for nothing on July 1st instead of getting 19 yo. 6'1" 215lbs power-forward Bobby Ryan who has 85 points (37 goals) in 56 games.. For the record.. he finished with 31 goals last season.

You make a lot of sense.

Nakamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:04 PM
  #25
le_sean
Registered User
 
le_sean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ottawa
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 15,306
vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Swan View Post
Yea dude.. let's keep Souray for another 18 games and lose him for nothing on July 1st instead of getting 19 yo. 6'1" 215lbs power-forward Bobby Ryan who has 85 points (37 goals) in 56 games.. For the record.. he finished with 31 goals last season.

You make a lot of sense.
Yet he won't get as many total points. And a US junior team that had a hard time to score goals doesn't bring back a player who they had the year before. What does that say about him? He's got issues. He isn't developing at all, has personality issues and is slow as molasses. Thats why it makes sense to me.

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.