HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mark Streit

Old
02-24-2007, 04:21 PM
Reuben

vCash: 500
Streit has definately been a good find by BG, a diamond in the rough really. I say keep him on defence unless of course u want Ninimma or Rivet in the lineup...... I didn't think so lol.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:29 PM
Miller Time

good move, but I have just one question....

What happened to the "No contract negociations during the season PHILOSOPHY" Gainey commented on as his excuse for not getting his butt in gear with Souray and Markov?

Am I missing something here?

Streit coming back at 600k is great news, and I don't want to rain on the parade, but ***??? Something about this refusal to get Markov and Souray inked really worries me, just doesn't make any sense!

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:31 PM
Reuben

Gainey doesn't actually negiotate contracts during the season, it doesn't automatically mean he doesn't know if the player is interested in re-signing or the amount of money they are asking for.

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:34 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
good move, but I have just one question....

What happened to the "No contract negociations during the season PHILOSOPHY" Gainey commented on as his excuse for not getting his butt in gear with Souray and Markov?

Am I missing something here?

Streit coming back at 600k is great news, and I don't want to rain on the parade, but ***??? Something about this refusal to get Markov and Souray inked really worries me, just doesn't make any sense!
No...this thread isnt about that. It's about the fact that he STILL has 1 year at $600k. I guess it could have been confusing for some. I really hope I didnt confuse many with that....because that would suck.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Russeltown

Streit gives up a lot of opportunities on the ice, and off the ice. He's a gem found by Gainey. I was surprised of his bad play last year in the NHL, especially when I saw him during the Olympics as the Captain of the Swiss nation team and rocking on an International rink...

600,000$... Excellent bargain!
If Gainey can unload Bouillon at 1.9M$, and with Ninimaa and Rivet departures (5M$), we can sign surely Markov AND Souray.

At least we have 4 solid defensemen with Souray, Markov, Komisarek and Streit. Dandenault is worth @ 1.75 M$, he's a veteran with a lot of playoff experience, we should keep him. Otherwise we can see players like Côté, Jancevski, Emelin or O'Byrne making the team next year... Or we can get a nice UFA 6th D-man during off-season

Russeltown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:38 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

If there was a ever a rover position in hockey, Streit would play that position.

He's all over the ice....

Hackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:51 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
No...this thread isnt about that. It's about the fact that he STILL has 1 year at $600k. I guess it could have been confusing for some. I really hope I didnt confuse many with that....because that would suck.
ahhh... thanks for the clarification. I did understand that he had re-signed (which I found odd cuz i thought that he was under contract next year, figured maybe he got a raise or something).

if you'll excuse me now, I have to go fix some of the other posts I've made under that wrong interpretation...

Miller Time is online now   Reply With Quote