HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Filip Forsberg (Update: Sent back to the Ads)

Old
03-25-2014, 08:07 PM
PFL615

vCash: 500
Plenty guys could of filled in for horny. If he wasn't ready why call him up?

PFL615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 08:17 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFL615 View Post
Plenty guys could of filled in for horny. If he wasn't ready why call him up?
Give him time in NHL practices, be around NHL players, get him more prepared for NHL, etc.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 10:30 AM
WartracePred

I watched 2 Ads games this season. And what I saw of FF suggests he's not ready for the NHL. One glaring mistake was that he tried to deke a defender carrying the puck out of the defensive zone when he had wide open ice on either side of the Dman. Should have skated around or passed the puck away from the Dman. Instead, the failed deke ended as a giveaway and scoring chance. He basically skated right at the Dman and turned over the puck. The second incident was him trying a wrap around top shelf. He picked up the puck on his blade behind the net and tried to score above the goalies shoulder. Some will say he was being creative, but I have yet to see an NHLer try that move in 15 years of watching the game. Both of these plays indicates a lack of maturity. He probably succeeded with these plays as a junior against lesser skill. He has tremendous physical attributes, but mentally he has a long way to go before earning a permanent spot in Nashville.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WartracePred View Post
I watched 2 Ads games this season. And what I saw of FF suggests he's not ready for the NHL. One glaring mistake was that he tried to deke a defender carrying the puck out of the defensive zone when he had wide open ice on either side of the Dman. Should have skated around or passed the puck away from the Dman. Instead, the failed deke ended as a giveaway and scoring chance. He basically skated right at the Dman and turned over the puck. The second incident was him trying a wrap around top shelf. He picked up the puck on his blade behind the net and tried to score above the goalies shoulder. Some will say he was being creative, but I have yet to see an NHLer try that move in 15 years of watching the game. Both of these plays indicates a lack of maturity. He probably succeeded with these plays as a junior against lesser skill. He has tremendous physical attributes, but mentally he has a long way to go before earning a permanent spot in Nashville.
He is at an age when things change fast, ill give him a year and he will be up. In DRW he would have waited 2 but after that been a really really ready.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 09:00 PM
adsfan

FF has looked better in recent games. He is playing smarter. Thanks, Preds!

adsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:11 AM
RCola88

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
FF has looked better in recent games. He is playing smarter. Thanks, Preds!
Keep developing him! So thank you!

RCola88 is offline   Reply With Quote