HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All-Visiting From Out of Town/Ticket Thread for the Washington Capitals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-24-2013, 11:02 PM
  #501
InfernalDark*
Blooddrunk
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hellsinki
Country: Finland
Posts: 629
vCash: 50
The man above me speaks the truth.

InfernalDark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-26-2013, 08:05 PM
  #502
rkhum
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Looking for two tickets 12/27 Rangers, pm.

rkhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-27-2013, 09:55 PM
  #503
flyinglizard045
Registered User
 
flyinglizard045's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: The Desert, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to flyinglizard045
Not sure if this is where I should post this question but here it goes. Are visiting team practices open to the public as well? If so, where do they practice and about what day/time is it?

flyinglizard045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:03 AM
  #504
Wings4Life
Registered User
 
Wings4Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ov Steamrolls Jagr!
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
Wings fan, coming in peace. :p

What are the odds Holtby starts on Sunday?

Wings4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 07:21 AM
  #505
Burakovsky95*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Maryland, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,472
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
Wings fan, coming in peace. :p

What are the odds Holtby starts on Sunday?
33.33333333333%

Aka we haven't a clue who out of our 3 will go.

Burakovsky95* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 01:53 PM
  #506
Njdevils22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 10
vCash: 500
Anyone know which hotel the visiting team stays at when in Washington, D.C.?

Njdevils22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-11-2014, 02:39 PM
  #507
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings4Life View Post
Wings fan, coming in peace. :p

What are the odds Holtby starts on Sunday?
Given how Oates has handled things so far my money would be strongly on Grubauer getting the nod on Sunday. He's played very well and I think their only concern now is not wearing him down, which is why Holtby and Neuvirth have each gotten a start lately.

Millhaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2014, 05:30 PM
  #508
phillyb
Registered User
 
phillyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
i will eventually be looking for a handful of tickets for 4/11 at the verizon center.
i'm organizing a meet with my small forum and we're planning on being in dc for this game.
you guys can email me or reply here, but email will be best - phillyb@phillybhatesme.com

thanks!

phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-30-2014, 02:10 PM
  #509
Davegarri
Registered User
 
Davegarri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Long Branch
Country: Jersey
Posts: 243
vCash: 500
Looking for two tickets for the Caps Devils game on 2/8. PM me please!

Davegarri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 11:12 AM
  #510
mobilus
Registered User
 
mobilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: high slot
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Myself, wife and two boys are coming to Washington in March, and would like to get tickets for the game against the Pens. I can still get 400 level tickets from the Caps direct... best to go that way or is there a decent choice from scalpers at game time?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations on hotels. We're going to be in town about a week for general sightseeing and assorted touristy all sorts. Thanks.

mobilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 12:06 PM
  #511
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 21,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
Myself, wife and two boys are coming to Washington in March, and would like to get tickets for the game against the Pens. I can still get 400 level tickets from the Caps direct... best to go that way or is there a decent choice from scalpers at game time?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations on hotels. We're going to be in town about a week for general sightseeing and assorted touristy all sorts. Thanks.
Personally, I'd go with buying direct form the Caps. There's a decent chance they'll be available from scalpers game time if the team doesn't massively improve, but coming from out of town, I'd stick with the guarantee.

Hotels depend on a few factors. What's your budget? Do you want to stay within walking distance of sites, or would you be willing to cab/metro into the city?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 02:56 PM
  #512
mobilus
Registered User
 
mobilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: high slot
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Hotels depend on a few factors. What's your budget? Do you want to stay within walking distance of sites, or would you be willing to cab/metro into the city?
We're driving, so no need for cabs/transit. Closer is better though. Budget's not an issue, just a clean and interesting neighbourhood for the hotel.

mobilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 03:38 PM
  #513
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 21,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilus View Post
We're driving, so no need for cabs/transit. Closer is better though. Budget's not an issue, just a clean and interesting neighbourhood for the hotel.
These are an easy walk to the Mall/Smithsonian/Monuments:

Willard Intercontinental
Hotel Monaco
The Hay-Adams

These are in/near Dupont Circle, which is a nice, active neighborhood with lots of restaurants, but not walking distance to most sites:

Hotel Tabard Inn
The Mansion on O Street
Hotel Palomar

Beyond these, there are plenty of Courtyard/Hampton Inn/Hilton Garden Inn types. I'd focus on Penn Quarter/Chinatown, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom, and Capitol Hill in the city, or Crystal City (Arlington, VA) and Old Town Alexandria (VA) outside of the city.

Also, though you're bringing a car, I'd still recommend using the Metro instead to get around if it's an option (it wouldn't be for Georgetown, for example). It's very safe and convenient, and will save you the hassle of finding (ad paying for) parking.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-16-2014, 07:10 PM
  #514
mobilus
Registered User
 
mobilus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: high slot
Posts: 615
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
These are an easy walk to the Mall/Smithsonian/Monuments:

Willard Intercontinental
Hotel Monaco
The Hay-Adams

These are in/near Dupont Circle, which is a nice, active neighborhood with lots of restaurants, but not walking distance to most sites:

Hotel Tabard Inn
The Mansion on O Street
Hotel Palomar

Beyond these, there are plenty of Courtyard/Hampton Inn/Hilton Garden Inn types. I'd focus on Penn Quarter/Chinatown, Dupont Circle, Foggy Bottom, and Capitol Hill in the city, or Crystal City (Arlington, VA) and Old Town Alexandria (VA) outside of the city.

Also, though you're bringing a car, I'd still recommend using the Metro instead to get around if it's an option (it wouldn't be for Georgetown, for example). It's very safe and convenient, and will save you the hassle of finding (ad paying for) parking.
Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated.

mobilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2014, 06:03 PM
  #515
SensForLife11
Registered User
 
SensForLife11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 336
vCash: 500
Anyone here a Capitals season ticket holder that's willing to answer few questions about the perks that the team offers their STHs? PM me if you can, thanks!

SensForLife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2014, 10:56 AM
  #516
needbox
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Leafs Capitals

I will be visiting March 16th and was looking to get some tips on tickets for the game? Do people typically buy tickets in advance or on gameday?

If anyone on here is selling tickets that would be great, please contact me needbox[at]gmail[dot]com


Last edited by needbox: 03-03-2014 at 11:01 AM. Reason: email
needbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 10:40 AM
  #517
phillyb
Registered User
 
phillyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
ok.
looking for 7 tickets for 4/11

phillyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-13-2014, 01:10 AM
  #518
NHLFAN82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
I know this is a long shot, but any STH that is looking to sell their winter classic tickets I would be interested in purchasing them. Coming from Edmonton for the game.

Please PM and let me know how much you want for them.

NHLFAN82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-14-2014, 10:40 PM
  #519
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Hivemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN82 View Post
I know this is a long shot, but any STH that is looking to sell their winter classic tickets I would be interested in purchasing them. Coming from Edmonton for the game.

Please PM and let me know how much you want for them.
They haven't even announced the pricing for the WC yet. Wait a couple weeks.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 10:20 AM
  #520
NHLFAN82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
They haven't even announced the pricing for the WC yet. Wait a couple weeks.
Whether they have announced the pricing or not what is the issue with posting that I would be interested in purchasing them?

NHLFAN82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 01:04 PM
  #521
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 21,076
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN82 View Post
Whether they have announced the pricing or not what is the issue with posting that I would be interested in purchasing them?
People typically don't look at a thread without new posts, and this one rarely gets new posts until the season starts.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 03:00 PM
  #522
Millhaus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 6,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN82 View Post
Whether they have announced the pricing or not what is the issue with posting that I would be interested in purchasing them?
Nothing I guess but you also asked how much so....

Millhaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 03:04 PM
  #523
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Hivemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 16,063
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN82 View Post
Whether they have announced the pricing or not what is the issue with posting that I would be interested in purchasing them?
How would you expect them to know the quantity of tickets they'll be able to purchase (and thus if they're interested in selling them) or how much they'll want for the tickets before the announcement?

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2014, 03:14 PM
  #524
NHLFAN82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
How would you expect them to know the quantity of tickets they'll be able to purchase (and thus if they're interested in selling them) or how much they'll want for the tickets before the announcement?
They don't have to respond right away - I still don't get why this bothers anyone. Just don't respond. Too many people take these boards so seriously sometimes.

I am just putting it out there in case there happens to be a STH that wants to sell their tickets. I know I am going to pay a premium and I would rather work out a deal with a STH than both of us losing on the 25% stubhub fee.

NHLFAN82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2014, 12:00 PM
  #525
beast8812
Registered User
 
beast8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 129
vCash: 500
I know I will be looking for WC tickets also. Just PM if anyone is interested in selling.

beast8812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.