HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Okposo/Visnovsky Day-to-day

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-21-2014, 03:15 PM
  #26
Not4u
Registered User
 
Not4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Manhattan
Country: United States
Posts: 2,497
vCash: 500
Yeah...I would imagine that's gonna be some line up on Sunday....

Not4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 03:21 PM
  #27
Islesin93*
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,699
vCash: 500
I hope the Blue Jackets win anyway, they are battling it out with the Rangers

even though I am hoping the Isles can finish high enough so Snow can give Buffalo our pick this year, but Rangers missing the playoffs can beat out those things

Islesin93* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 04:05 PM
  #28
TeamKidd
Registered User
 
TeamKidd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 2,859
vCash: 500
reason 752 why penciling visnovsky into our defense for next year is a folly. absolutely can not and should not be relied upon for a top 4 role. someone must be brought in. at least 1 person.

TeamKidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:04 PM
  #29
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneekypete View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Vish have a no trade clause this year but not next season?
Something tells me NTC or not, that won't be the reason it's so hard to trade him. If the Islanders wanted to dump him their best bet would have been at the trade deadline

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:33 PM
  #30
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamKidd View Post
reason 752 why penciling visnovsky into our defense for next year is a folly. absolutely can not and should not be relied upon for a top 4 role. someone must be brought in. at least 1 person.
Yep. His minutes need to be minimized. 6mil next yr is crazy. The guy is a time bomb. His minutes need to be minimized. PP and bottom pairing. If this is a concussion or he takes another, he is most likely done or going to call it.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 05:57 PM
  #31
BTrotts19
Registered User
 
BTrotts19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
Yep. His minutes need to be minimized. 6mil next yr is crazy. The guy is a time bomb. His minutes need to be minimized. PP and bottom pairing. If this is a concussion or he takes another, he is most likely done or going to call it.
shhhhhhh, that's logical GM thinking right there, no place for that in the Wangdom.

BTrotts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 06:30 PM
  #32
A Pointed Stick
Can You Believe It?
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 10,174
vCash: 250
I have one question due to Vis' age. If he goes down long term, does his cap hit reflect $6 mill next year, or just the average of the years?

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 07:01 PM
  #33
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 27,036
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I have one question due to Vis' age. If he goes down long term, does his cap hit reflect $6 mill next year, or just the average of the years?
Average since we are getting dinged 1.25M of that 6M already this season

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 07:52 PM
  #34
Ziggy16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,018
vCash: 500
Vis Concussion flashback

Lubomir Visnovsky is out with a recurrence of the concussion symptoms that sidelined him for 46 games earlier this season. There is no timetable for his return.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...kets-1.7479134

Ziggy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:07 PM
  #35
IslesRock4
Global Moderator
Fantasy Hockey Talk
 
IslesRock4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 22,043
vCash: 500
Fantastic.

__________________

IslesRock4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:30 PM
  #36
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards
 
Homeland Security's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY/FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,710
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
Vis Concussion flashback

Lubomir Visnovsky is out with a recurrence of the concussion symptoms that sidelined him for 46 games earlier this season. There is no timetable for his return.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...kets-1.7479134

That sucks!!

__________________
Homeland Security is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:33 PM
  #37
BTrotts19
Registered User
 
BTrotts19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 4,117
vCash: 500
Have to wonder if he will be back next year.....now, before this we needed to get a veteran top 4 defenseman, if Viz can't be counted on next year, we need a veteran, even if just a solid bottom pairing guy, for a 2 yr contract.

BTrotts19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 08:43 PM
  #38
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy16 View Post
Vis Concussion flashback

Lubomir Visnovsky is out with a recurrence of the concussion symptoms that sidelined him for 46 games earlier this season. There is no timetable for his return.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...kets-1.7479134
Not really surprising. Feel bad for the guy. Have to wonder where that leaves him next year and if he does come back what kind of player he will be...

Kind of ridiculous the minutes he has been given.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-23-2014, 11:46 PM
  #39
OhNoItsComeau57
Registered User
 
OhNoItsComeau57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New Orleans
Country: United States
Posts: 774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTrotts19 View Post
Have to wonder if he will be back next year.....now, before this we needed to get a veteran top 4 defenseman, if Viz can't be counted on next year, we need a veteran, even if just a solid bottom pairing guy, for a 2 yr contract.
I would love if they could get Orpik on a 3 year deal. I like some others more but he may be slightly more realistic. He could be a decent 4/5 and be a good veteran/mentor/teacher for all the young dmen on the way over the next 3 years.

OhNoItsComeau57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 06:59 AM
  #40
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,786
vCash: 500
They might as well just shut him down for the rest of the season. No use putting his health at risk for these last few remaining games.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 07:42 AM
  #41
sebsisles
Registered User
 
sebsisles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: long island
Posts: 297
vCash: 500
shut him down for year, call up Mayfield and lets see what hes got

sebsisles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-24-2014, 10:17 PM
  #42
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNoItsComeau57 View Post
I would love if they could get Orpik on a 3 year deal. I like some others more but he may be slightly more realistic. He could be a decent 4/5 and be a good veteran/mentor/teacher for all the young dmen on the way over the next 3 years.
Would love to get Orpik for 3 yrs. I'd over pay to get him here. He fits exactly what we need. Him plus a Reimer/halak goes a long way for us.

Gets us bigger, better on the PK. Slap an A on him, gives the younger guys a voice in the room and a leader. He's exactly what we wanted Strait to be.

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 02:37 PM
  #43
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duster19 View Post
Would love to get Orpik for 3 yrs. I'd over pay to get him here. He fits exactly what we need. Him plus a Reimer/halak goes a long way for us.

Gets us bigger, better on the PK. Slap an A on him, gives the younger guys a voice in the room and a leader. He's exactly what we wanted Strait to be.
I don't think anyone expected Strait to be an Orpik type player. If you did then you really didn't follow the scouting reports on him. I think he was believed to be more of a scuderi type D-man in the Pittsburgh organization. So far he does fit that mold although Scuderi isn't the Scuderi of the past anymore. Pittsburgh fans have been moaning about that resigning all season.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 07:28 PM
  #44
duster19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,545
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd View Post
I don't think anyone expected Strait to be an Orpik type player. If you did then you really didn't follow the scouting reports on him. I think he was believed to be more of a scuderi type D-man in the Pittsburgh organization. So far he does fit that mold although Scuderi isn't the Scuderi of the past anymore. Pittsburgh fans have been moaning about that resigning all season.
http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/brian_strait/

Kind of sounds like an Orpik type player...

duster19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 11:57 PM
  #45
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,506
vCash: 500
Sucks to here about Vis, the selfish part of me hopes that he's back for next season, but the logical and human side of me says he might want to consider hanging them up. My girlfriend currently has her fourth concussion and, let me tell you, they can really have an effect on people.

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 06:24 AM
  #46
bigd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,786
vCash: 500
I think he'll be back because but if he suffers one setback next season he's probably done so Snow better have a back up plan. A guy like Niskinen would fit nicely but probably won't want to sign here after being with a team like Pittsburgh.

bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 06:45 PM
  #47
islesfan186
YES! YES! YES!
 
islesfan186's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 2,521
vCash: 500
Either Niskanen or Orpik will for sure be available. The Pens shot themselves in the foot cap wise with long term signings of Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Neal, Dupuis and Fleury. They gots no moneys to sign anybody to UFA madness prices. Unless both of those guys take a serious hometown discount, they're leaving.
I honestly would not be surprised to hear that Vis is going to hang em up this summer. He was out for over 1/2 the season with the concussion, and now he's got symptoms again. If it were me, I think I'd call it a career.

islesfan186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.