HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Galchenyuk skated with team during optional practice

Closed Thread

Old
03-25-2014, 01:22 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I'll take him over Blunden or Dumont any day. I thought Dumont had that pest possibility but he doesn't play with that edge.
no way man Blunden is an all-star

Old
03-25-2014, 02:02 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Godin / Ward saying looks like Weise has a sprained wrist
Not too bad, if true.

I'm not as optimistic about Moen. If it's another concussion, he might need a long recovery. Moen is much more valuable than many give him credit for. He's a strong, smart, talented 4th-liner who can play a strong offensive role with the right winger/center. I'd hate to lose what he brings in the playoffs.

Old
03-25-2014, 06:12 PM
Mr. Hab

Moen: maybe a concussion or light concussion? if so...he hopefully could be ready for mid-April (when playoffs start?). He has time to rest/heal.

Weise: for now it may be a light wrist injury? if so...he could be ready for playoffs? (or before?).

Still too early, so...lots of ''?????s'' going on!

But, gut instinct says they could both be ready
for playoffs...really really hoping so...Moen and Weise are players that thrive in playoffs...Moen is amazing for our 3rd and 4th lines...Weise is awesome for our 4th line (from the little I've seen from Weise...I really like ; and Moen is built for playoffs...no doubt about that...we need him).

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise...Prust, Moen, Weise...all forced to get some rest to properly heal and be as close to 100% for playoffs. Really really hoping this is the case.

p.s.: from what I've read and seen on tv...Gorges should be ready before playoffs. Good stuff. (PK Subban, Markov, Weaver, Emelin, and Gorges makes for a solid top 5...and the #6 spot can go to Murray, Tinordi or Bouillon).

Old
03-25-2014, 06:17 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
Godin / Ward saying looks like Weise has a sprained wrist

HUGE thank-you for this important info. So...

MOEN: maybe a concussion or light concussion? if so...he hopefully could be ready for mid-April (when playoffs start?). He has time to rest/heal.

WEISE: for now it may be a light wrist injury? (sprained?). If so...he could be ready for playoffs? (or before?). Sprained or light sprained wrists take 1-2 weeks to heal??

Still too early, so...lots of ''?????s'' going on!

But, gut instinct says they could both be ready
for playoffs...really really hoping so...Moen and Weise are players that thrive in playoffs...Moen is amazing for our 3rd and 4th lines...Weise is awesome for our 4th line (from the little I've seen from Weise...I really like ; and Moen is built for playoffs...no doubt about that...we need him).

Maybe this is a blessing in disguise...Prust, Moen, Weise...all forced to get some rest to properly heal and be as close to 100% for playoffs. Really really hoping this is the case.

p.s.: from what I've read and seen on tv...Gorges should be ready before playoffs. Good stuff. (PK Subban, Markov, Weaver, Emelin, and Gorges makes for a solid top 5...and the #6 spot can go to Murray, Tinordi or Bouillon).

p.s.: approximately THREE WEEKS before playoffs...plenty of time to heal injuries, imo. C'mon...heal your injuries and rest well...tabarnouche!! (we need all of you warriors!!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-25-2014 at 06:26 PM.
Old
03-25-2014, 06:22 PM
Mr. Hab

WHITE: and what about White? when the heck will he be IN?? (isn't he 100% healthy? what the **** is the coaching staff waiting for?!).

I'm a huge fan of White (such an old-school warrior and amazing team player)...and an amazing PKer. Time to play White...tabarnouche!

Vs the Sabres...
Bournival-White-Parros
(and again...Murray has to be IN vs the Sabres to contain Scott and Konopka, etc).

I don't want to see more injuries (knock on wood) before playoffs...#$%^&*#$$%.

Old
03-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Mr. Hab

I missed the game but was following with TSN scoreboard here and there...so happy with victory.

Just came here to say...I hope we won't be using this thread often, except to know when Moen, Prust, Gorges, and Weise will be coming back. I'm hoping at least 3 out of 4 can be 100% for playoffs (4 out of 4 would be amazing).

(Gorges: should come back BEFORE playoffs..... I've been hard on him all season long, but...want him back 100% of course...we need him for our PK and #3-4-5 spots in playoffs....also to help with ice-time so our top 4-5 core won't have to over-do-it with ice-time).

Old
03-25-2014, 10:40 PM
EveryDay

Weise out 2 or 3 weeks and Moen is out for at least 1 week on TVA sport.

Old
03-25-2014, 10:42 PM
habitue*

Sorry for the injured players, but the Habs have finally some depth, some NHL quality players to replace the injured ones.

Old
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
JLP
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habstraction View Post
Sorry for the injured players, but the Habs have finally some depth, some NHL quality players to replace the injured ones.
Not any more we don't. It's getting close to Blunden time again

But yeah if we don't play Boston again should be okay

Old
03-25-2014, 11:38 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Weise out 2 or 3 weeks and Moen is out for at least 1 week on TVA sport.
Thanks for that...just saw that too on tv.
(approx. 3 weeks till playoffs).

This news is not bad at all (pretty good actually, imo)...Weise can be (will be) ready for playoffs and Moen can maybe play in 2-3-4 games before playoffs (I would take all the time to rest if I were Moen...no rush...be 100% or as close to it as possible).

(and Gorges said he should come back and play 2-3 games before playoffs ).

Now we just have to wait for Prust...maybe he'll be ready in time for playoffs as well...

Go Health Go!!

Old
03-25-2014, 11:47 PM
Mr. Hab

This is going to sound crazy, but...maybe it's time to give more ice-time to Bouillon, maybe even Beaulieu,etc...to rest our top 5 d-core, no?!! (of course you want to go into the playoffs with that winning confidence,etc, still...would love to somehow rest Markov, Subbie, Weaver, Emelin...and Gorges will be fully rested when he comes back.....health is everything right now). And maybe play Leblanc for a few games to rest others?!! give Parros two or three games (5-8min.?)...he'll go in front of the net, and make sure our players are not toyed with (Weise crashing into boards, Moen had to come to his defense,etc.....wish Parros was there VS the Bruins to monitor all this).

(I want Pk Subban, Markov, Weaver, Emelin to be as fresh as possible for playoffs...that's how you go far in playoffs...all about getting hot, finding that HOT team chemistry, and staying healthy...and then you never know...could go far).

I really like our top 5 d-core:
PK Subban
Markov
Gorges
Weaver
Emelin

(and then add Murray or Tinordi as #6, and then Bouillon as #6-7, Beaulieu as #8? and then Drewiskie as #8-9?!!).

Go health Go!! (knock on wood for good health!).

Old
03-26-2014, 09:29 PM
Habsland35

gorges making the trip with the team tomorrow..doubt he plays but still encouraging

Old
03-26-2014, 09:31 PM
PricePkPatch*

We need to clinch first. 9 points ahead, but 10 games to go for certain teams in there.

But otherwise.. yhea. rest would be neat

Old
03-26-2014, 09:37 PM
EveryDay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
gorges making the trip with the team tomorrow..doubt he plays but still encouraging
Just for anyone asking

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 16 min
Josh Gorges a accompagné le Canadien en voyage.

Old
03-26-2014, 09:40 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hab View Post
This is going to sound crazy, but...maybe it's time to give more ice-time to Bouillon, maybe even Beaulieu,etc...to rest our top 5 d-core, no?!! (of course you want to go into the playoffs with that winning confidence,etc, still...would love to somehow rest Markov, Subbie, Weaver, Emelin...and Gorges will be fully rested when he comes back.....health is everything right now). And maybe play Leblanc for a few games to rest others?!! give Parros two or three games (5-8min.?)...he'll go in front of the net, and make sure our players are not toyed with (Weise crashing into boards, Moen had to come to his defense,etc.....wish Parros was there VS the Bruins to monitor all this).

(I want Pk Subban, Markov, Weaver, Emelin to be as fresh as possible for playoffs...that's how you go far in playoffs...all about getting hot, finding that HOT team chemistry, and staying healthy...and then you never know...could go far).

I really like our top 5 d-core:
PK Subban
Markov
Gorges
Weaver
Emelin

(and then add Murray or Tinordi as #6, and then Bouillon as #6-7, Beaulieu as #8? and then Drewiskie as #8-9?!!).

Go health Go!! (knock on wood for good health!).
If they were in the Bruins; position, sure, but the Habs haven't clinched anything yet. There still are games to be won.. I'd prefer the Leafs to extend their losing streak by two or three more games, not to mention Detroit.

Old
03-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
This is going to sound crazy, but...maybe it's time to give more ice-time to Bouillon, maybe even Beaulieu,etc...to rest our top 5 d-core, no?!! (of course you want to go into the playoffs with that winning confidence,etc, still...would love to somehow rest Markov, Subbie, Weaver, Emelin...and Gorges will be fully rested when he comes back.....health is everything right now).
There's still time. Until I see that 'X' next to us, and have a better idea of what a couple of points might mean either way in the standings in terms of match-up, it's a bit too soon.

Old
03-27-2014, 02:56 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsland35 View Post
lets go red!!

*coach kicks him out*

Old
03-27-2014, 03:38 AM
Timelord
Stanley Cup polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lets go red!!

*coach kicks him out*
Beat me to it.

Old
03-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Just for anyone asking

Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 16 min
Josh Gorges a accompagné le Canadien en voyage.
I was wondering when a player with a hand injury can get back on the ice. Obviously Gorges, like Weise, won't be practicing or handling a stick until completely healed, but they can at least keep their legs and lungs in shape before then.

Old
03-27-2014, 04:25 PM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
I was wondering when a player with a hand injury can get back on the ice. Obviously Gorges, like Weise, won't be practicing or handling a stick until completely healed, but they can at least keep their legs and lungs in shape before then.
A broken hand can only improve Gorges' puck-handling.

Old
03-27-2014, 04:28 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue* View Post
yep, it's about time were we don't have to call up the Mike Blunden's to replace them.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:17 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
A broken hand can only improve Gorges' puck-handling.
Tough crowd...

Old
03-28-2014, 07:17 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Thanks for that...just saw that too on tv.
(approx. 3 weeks till playoffs).

This news is not bad at all (pretty good actually, imo)...Weise can be (will be) ready for playoffs and Moen can maybe play in 2-3-4 games before playoffs (I would take all the time to rest if I were Moen...no rush...be 100% or as close to it as possible).

(and Gorges said he should come back and play 2-3 games before playoffs ).

Now we just have to wait for Prust...maybe he'll be ready in time for playoffs as well...

Go Health Go!!
Getting Gorges back will make our top 6 so much better. Gorges back with PK and the bottom pairing of Murray and Weaver will be very solid.

Old
03-29-2014, 06:43 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If they were in the Bruins; position, sure, but the Habs haven't clinched anything yet. There still are games to be won.. I'd prefer the Leafs to extend their losing streak by two or three more games, not to mention Detroit.

Yeah, but wouldn't it be great to win and rest some of our core forwards and core dmen...somehow (probably not impossible).
But...then there's the argument of momentum...don't want to take a chance with that (probably not!)...momentum meaning on a roll (winning,etc). At the same time...I don't want another Bruins' game where Chara could have injured Emelin (****ing bully always going after our Emelin....I want Scott to terminate Chara once and for all...sorry for this barbaric thought...it's just that Chara gets away with everything and the ****ing league lets him....can't wait for this extremely ugly ogre's NHL career to be finished...I will do some serious celebrating).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
There's still time. Until I see that 'X' next to us, and have a better idea of what a couple of points might mean either way in the standings in terms of match-up, it's a bit too soon.
I totally understand you and Teufelsdrek, but will still write the same (here) as I did above! (so...take what I wrote in the above and re-write it here...that's my reply!).

Go Habs Go!!
Go health Go! (right now imo it's all about staying healthy! that's my only concern...so sick and tired of going into the playoffs all bruised up and/or injured...just once I'd love to see our Habs go into it...fully healthy).

Old
03-29-2014, 06:50 AM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Getting Gorges back will make our top 6 so much better. Gorges back with PK and the bottom pairing of Murray and Weaver will be very solid.
Yup, but don't tell me Gorges is trying to play too soon?!

He was supposed to come back to play the last 2-3 games, no? (1st or early in the 2nd week of April).

We all know he's a warrior, but we need him to be 100% for playoffs.

He better not be rushing again.
(imo he better just be skating and not using his hand...we need it to be 100% healed for playoffs, not all damaged and screwed up for playoffs).

PRUST:
I'm still hoping he can come back for 1st rnd...
(anyone have any inside scoop on his ribs or rib area?!).

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 03-29-2014 at 06:56 AM.
Closed Thread