HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXVIII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
03-26-2014, 11:55 PM
ecemleafs

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
3rd game tonight. Let's wait and see. But maybe, if used properly, as #5-#6, he'd do a good job.
hes playing with klein on the 3rd pair and klein is reliable and a steady. diaz has made some nice offensive plays and doesnt look a trainwreck on D. diaz is also getting solid PP time since we really dont have a right handed shooter who can really fire the puck.

Old
03-27-2014, 12:06 AM
SB164

So many idiots on Twitter

Wayne Simmonds ‏@Simmonds17

“@KyleManger24: @Simmonds17 go slash a banana instead. ******” and I'm the classess one

Old
03-27-2014, 12:34 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
The trade that continues to make me feel so, so sad.

McDonagh-Subban
Markov-Emelin

would have been bad ass. No Bouillon with Subban or any ridiculous **** like that.
Markov-Subban
McDonagh-Beaulieu

/nhl

Old
03-27-2014, 12:35 AM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Cant watch any game when Pierre is talking. He enrages me.
He's getting worse...

Old
03-27-2014, 01:09 AM
la25ecoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierPsyCHiatrist View Post
Markov-Subban
McDonagh-Beaulieu

/nhl
McDo Subban
Markov Emelin
Tinordi Beaulieu

/cupforever

Old
03-27-2014, 01:14 AM
Frankenheimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
Wow, thats really bad. He probably had some ''facts'' written on a sheet about some players and he decided to randomly read one about Knutsen that he hadn't read beforehand.

Rough translation for the anglo folks : ''Hey guys, fun fact about Knutsen! He once killed a young girl with a slapshot that deflected in the stands. It haunts his memories still and almost ended his career.''
Holy **** that is sad/hilarious.

Old
03-27-2014, 01:19 AM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
Norman Flynn must the most stupid announcer in the NHL..... He said something during the NYR and PHI game, sry in french.....

'J'ai un fait cocace sur Espan Knutsen, lors d'un match une rondelle tiré par Knutsen a devier dans la foule et une jeune fille a été tuer, ce qui a mis pratiquement fin a sa carriere. Il ne sait jamais remis de cette evenement la.'

Un fait COCACE??? F** idiot! get rid of this a$$hole
"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Old
03-27-2014, 04:08 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Thing is....Dallas Eakins was supposed to be the new Scotty Bowman.
leafs were pimping him like mad when he was with the marlies and many wanted him as head coach. now they're all like: "oh well i guess he got to the nhl too soon, poor guy bla bla bla..."

clowns

Old
03-27-2014, 04:27 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

toronto tied for a wildcard spot, but washington has 1 game in hand, and columbus and detroit have two games in hand. new jersey is right behind them two games in hand but 5 points back. fuuuuuuuuunny

but nope sorry, habs are gonna miss the playoffs, leafs are clearly better

Old
03-27-2014, 06:20 AM
habsfanatics

I don't like Weise, he doesn't offer much more than Ryan White imo.

Old
03-27-2014, 07:18 AM
habtastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryDay View Post
hahahahaha So they hired a guy who sold a part of his job to someone else??? WTF?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
I really had fun reading that "Who's better? Ott/Tor/Mon" thread. Can't find it now but damn, 90% had Montreal 3rd.
Typical everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Toronto could've had Galchenyuk...
This. Can never predict outcomes and butterfly effects, but I like Galchenyuk so much that despite McDo being godly (and giving us a pairing with Subban), I am so so so very glad we have Chucky and that Toronto doesn't. Not saying this was a lock situation, but I'm looking at the present situation and the huge positives. Not sure where we would have gotten a guy like Chucky and I think he's going to be golden for this franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Good for them

I like Weise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Not only do I like Weise as a 4th liner but I like Weaver as the 6th Dman.
+1

Old
03-27-2014, 07:27 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
if he was offering much more than White, he would have cost more than Diaz and would be more than a 4th liner...

Old
03-27-2014, 08:15 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
leafs were pimping him like mad when he was with the marlies and many wanted him as head coach. now they're all like: "oh well i guess he got to the nhl too soon, poor guy bla bla bla..."

clowns
Reason why "Going with the best candidate no matter the language" isn't ALWAYS a guarantee of actually getting the best one....'Cause for a few years, Dallas Eakins was THE best candidate overall.

Old
03-27-2014, 08:40 AM
ROSSter

How does it happen that year after year Leafs fans' expectation are clouded by delusion? Is the fact that the media is constantly pumping the team so their fans just assume everyone attached to the team is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky?

Every year is their year, every prospect is the best one, every player they pickup is amazing. Just go back to look at the Schenn is better than PK, Pogge is gonna be way better than Price as simple examples of their absurdity.

Seriously, I've met leaf fans from all over Canada and yet they all share the same blind optimism/certainty that the leafs are good. They will constantly diminish Montreal's accomplishments yet have the gaul to claim their team superior.

While I agree we habs fans are over zealous, we will call out are team when needed. Leafs fans just seem to have some blind belief their team is superior. It all flies in the face of reason.

Am I nuts, or just too surrounded by ontario leaf fans at my university?

Old
03-27-2014, 08:51 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROSSter View Post
How does it happen that year after year Leafs fans' expectation are clouded by delusion? Is the fact that the media is constantly pumping the team so their fans just assume everyone attached to the team is the second coming of Wayne Gretzky?

Every year is their year, every prospect is the best one, every player they pickup is amazing. Just go back to look at the Schenn is better than PK, Pogge is gonna be way better than Price as simple examples of their absurdity.

Seriously, I've met leaf fans from all over Canada and yet they all share the same blind optimism/certainty that the leafs are good. They will constantly diminish Montreal's accomplishments yet have the gaul to claim their team superior.

While I agree we habs fans are over zealous, we will call out are team when needed. Leafs fans just seem to have some blind belief their team is superior. It all flies in the face of reason.

They've been repressed for a while and are looking for release. They keep thinking "this time it will work".

Old
03-27-2014, 08:54 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
if he was offering much more than White, he would have cost more than Diaz and would be more than a 4th liner...
Weise is a legitimate 4th liner who can play on the 3rd line if needed. White is a 13th forward who can play on the 4th line if needed. I think there's a difference :-)

Old
03-27-2014, 09:22 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:

TSN has done a brilliant job, that's why.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:01 AM
PricePkPatch

Apparently, Cherry slammed the Leafs hard

Old
03-27-2014, 10:05 AM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
Disagree. Much better skater and has better hands.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 670
Quote:

Leaf fans are probably the most rational people in the world, when their team is losing. However, when they're winning; look out world

Old
03-27-2014, 10:13 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Reason why "Going with the best candidate no matter the language" isn't ALWAYS a guarantee of actually getting the best one....'Cause for a few years, Dallas Eakins was THE best candidate overall.
I'm inclined to believe the coach isn't the problem. Edmonton has gone through coach after coach. You have to look at the management at some point.

I really don't think Eakins is as bad as he's looking right now. That is one poorly built team.

Here's how you lose in the NHL. No goaltending, no defensive system, no dmen. That's Edmonton. Replace Eakins with a top 5 coach and that team would still be ass!

Picture Montreal without Price and irresponsible forwards who don't play D.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:20 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

I'd hire Eakins for Hamilton once he gets fired

Old
03-27-2014, 10:30 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Ambrose View Post
The trade that continues to make me feel so, so sad.

McDonagh-Subban
Markov-Emelin

would have been bad ass. No Bouillon with Subban or any ridiculous **** like that.
Tony Marinaro is reopening old wounds today. His twitter question today is "Subban vs McDonagh". Personally I'd take both.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:36 AM
Andy

Ouch, Ryan is done for the season. He's having surgery for sports hernia...those can be career changing.

Old
03-27-2014, 10:39 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Ouch, Ryan is done for the season. He's having surgery for sports hernia...those can be career changing.
Ottawa's season was over for a long time.

But could explain his bad season?

Closed Thread