HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Who will be dealt?

Old
02-20-2007, 03:45 AM
Kegger

vCash: 510
Deadline guesses:

Clymer to Minnesota for a 4th (or prospect)
Zednik to Montreal for conditional 3rd

Kegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM
HockeyCritter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cush View Post
Man, the Sabres are getting hit again, just like last season
Well, you know what they say about karma.

HockeyCritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 07:45 AM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japser17 View Post
As for Tanguay, i am not going to argue this with you. If you want why don't you go do a who is better poll on polls and petitions board and see what the people outside Caps nation think.
Now that I am not on HFboards "time out" I did the poll for you...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=349623

So far its 30-4 in favor of Tanguay, however I am sure that now I put it on the Caps board the Zubrus #'s will go up. But the people outside "caps nation" sure didn't think it was even that close.

Jasper17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:09 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Now that I am not on HFboards "time out" I did the poll for you...

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=349623

So far its 30-4 in favor of Tanguay, however I am sure that now I put it on the Caps board the Zubrus #'s will go up. But the people outside "caps nation" sure didn't think it was even that close.

Talk about your jaded poll. How about instead of saying in effect....hey....Zubrus has sucked all of his career...who would you rather have?

Pathetic attempt to one side it...

....but hey....at least Zuby got some votes from god knows who. I'll take Zubrus and his $1.85 mil salary over Tanguay and his $5 mil salary any day. At least on this cap conscious team.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
....but hey....at least Zuby got some votes from god knows who. I'll take Zubrus and his $1.85 mil salary over Tanguay and his $5 mil salary any day. At least on this cap conscious team.

I new you were going to try and say something about salary cap. I even mentioned that to a buddy of mine that was reading what I was posting that you would come back and try to make this not about who was the better individual player. And that you would use the salary cap to make your case once others disagreed with you.

so predictable.

Old
02-24-2007, 02:32 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I new you were going to try and say something about salary cap. I even mentioned that to a buddy of mine that was reading what I was posting that you would come back and try to make this not about who was the better individual player. And that you would use the salary cap to make your case once others disagreed with you.

so predictable.

Predictable because it's reality. Simple...would you rather have Tanguay at $5 million and his 59 points, or Zubrus at $1.85 million and his 52 points? I mean I know what you'll say because you would never admit being wrong about THIS SEASON...

Old
02-24-2007, 02:35 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanwon View Post
Predictable because it's reality. Simple...would you rather have Tanguay at $5 million and his 59 points, or Zubrus at $1.85 million and his 52 points? I mean I know what you'll say because you would never admit being wrong about THIS SEASON...

It is funny how the convo before was comparing the individual players to determine what contract Zubrus should get, and now were are comparing their current deals. Its always interesting to me to see how the topics change

Oh well, I'll let this rest.

Old
02-24-2007, 03:39 PM
Ridley Simon

you were on "time out"? LOL

that's a real shocker!

Far as this topic? Tanguay is generally accepted as a better player, but Zubrus has had a very good year. You won't concede that point, as that's just not what you do, is it Japs?

Look, it's really simple. If we had a GM that I had faith in, I'd be ok with the idea of letting Zubrus go. But, we don't have such a GM. He simply doesn't know how to replace players, and has no idea how to construct a winning team or environment.

So your whole argument about Zubrus and his worth is being made in a vacuum, and that's it's greatest failing. It really isn't about what he's worth or how much we should pay him. It's about if he goes, which you want, then how do we have any faith or understanding that our current management team can adequately address his departure in a way that will make this team better?

And the answer to that question is: WE DON'T.

I'm not in love with Zubrus. I'm not saying he's god's gift to hockey, or this team. But, he's a valuable forward, one of our top 5 for sure, maybe top 3, and his departure on it's own merit will hurt this franchise.

How can you dispute that? And furthermore, what proof at all do you have that he void will be filled? This management regime has done very, very little to instill any faith in us, the fans, that they have any understanding of what it takes to build a winning culture and team.

THAT is what my fear of losing Zubrus stems from, and nothing will sway that except action. Action from our management team. Action I have yet to ever really see happen.

Ridley Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 04:07 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
you were on "time out"? LOL

that's a real shocker!

Far as this topic? Tanguay is generally accepted as a better player, but Zubrus has had a very good year. You won't concede that point, as that's just not what you do, is it Japs?

Look, it's really simple. If we had a GM that I had faith in, I'd be ok with the idea of letting Zubrus go. But, we don't have such a GM. He simply doesn't know how to replace players, and has no idea how to construct a winning team or environment.

So your whole argument about Zubrus and his worth is being made in a vacuum, and that's it's greatest failing. It really isn't about what he's worth or how much we should pay him. It's about if he goes, which you want, then how do we have any faith or understanding that our current management team can adequately address his departure in a way that will make this team better?

And the answer to that question is: WE DON'T.

I'm not in love with Zubrus. I'm not saying he's god's gift to hockey, or this team. But, he's a valuable forward, one of our top 5 for sure, maybe top 3, and his departure on it's own merit will hurt this franchise.

How can you dispute that? And furthermore, what proof at all do you have that he void will be filled? This management regime has done very, very little to instill any faith in us, the fans, that they have any understanding of what it takes to build a winning culture and team.

THAT is what my fear of losing Zubrus stems from, and nothing will sway that except action. Action from our management team. Action I have yet to ever really see happen.
I will concede that.

ITS A CAREER YEAR FOR ZUBRUS

Hopefully its even good enough for him to reach the amazing 70 point mark.

but like I said, i will let this rest.

Old
02-24-2007, 04:09 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
I will concede that.

That's about what I expected out of you

Old
02-24-2007, 04:11 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
That's about what I expected out of you
resting

Old
02-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Ridley Simon

and you'll continue to rest as the Caps are terrible for another 3-4 years.

and you'll continue to rest as the Caps lose Ovechkin when he can become a UFA

and you'll continue to rest as we become the Chicago Blackhawks

I'll rest when I'm dead, thank you very much.

Old
02-24-2007, 04:37 PM
Jasper17

Quote:
and you'll continue to rest as the Caps are terrible for another 3-4 years.

and you'll continue to rest as the Caps lose Ovechkin when he can become a UFA

and you'll continue to rest as we become the Chicago Blackhawks

I'll rest when I'm dead, thank you very much.

Did you just have a break down? What the hell was that?

Old
02-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:

Did you just have a break down? What the hell was that?
Good use of the face icons! 4 is good. 3 wouldn't have been quite enough, yet 5 would have been too many. Nicely, nicely done!

I am SICK and TIRED of everyone on this board accepting this team, and this management group. We are god awful right now (today's win notwithstanding), and not enough people give a rats a$$.

McPhee has to go, and anyone who doesn't get that frustrates me.

Old
02-24-2007, 07:34 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I will concede that.

Actually it's looking like back to back career years if that line can get on track.

Old
02-24-2007, 07:37 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Tanguay is generally accepted as a better player, but Zubrus has had a very good year.
That's right....he's easily the better player career wise based on offensive production.

I like you just can't let a quality guy like Zubrus go because I have no confidence that we can replace him with a similar player. Now I don't necessarily agree it's because of the GM. I tend to think it's more of an owner/budget thing and the lack of comparable players who are available via free agency at our price level.