HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wed., Mar. 26, 2014| Flyers 1 at Rangers 3

Old
03-27-2014, 08:39 AM
Akanon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
I was also wondering about the 2nd goal. I mean it went in but from the TV angle it looked like he did exactly what Lecavalier did against the Kings.
Holy ****, I just watched that and it really looks like the puck went post-crossbar-post!

Akanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 08:52 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
I was also wondering about the 2nd goal. I mean it went in but from the TV angle it looked like he did exactly what Lecavalier did against the Kings.
Yup that's what I saw too on every angle they showed it looked like it hit near post/crossbar and skimmed all the way over

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 08:53 AM
flyershockey

Man, this place gets way too hyped after wins and way too low after losses.

If one thing was clear last night, the Flyers were not expecting all the stretch passes early on. That completely caught them off guard and they fell back into a pretty conservative game plan in the offensive zone. They kept playing 1-2-2 to try and take away the walls, but it clearly wasn't working. This team has to play a 2-1-2 if they have any hopes of generating offense at even strength. They don't have natural talent or puck skills to play otherwise.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:02 AM
Psuhockey

The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team. Coburn can't hit the net. Timonen doesn't even try anymore looking for deflections instead. Streit has been a bust in that department. Luke Schenn cant get a shot past the forward in front of him which is usually a foot a way by the time he gets his shot off and usually will get a breakaway going the other way after the block. Not only can they not hit the net but none of them have been able to make a move at then blueline to open a shooting lane like McDonagh did. The defenders on this team constantly get shots blocked. Pressure the forwards to get rid of the puck and collapse the defense in front of the net and you will effectively neutralized the flyers offense.

Couple their terrible shooting with a below average ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone fast enough to create offense on the rush, and the flyers blueline is killing this team offensively. I know some fear moving a forward for a defenseman would hurt the goal scoring on this team, but having this group back there is doing it on its own. What good is forward talent if it is constantly outnumbered by opposing players.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
Yup that's what I saw too on every angle they showed it looked like it hit near post/crossbar and skimmed all the way over
So no clip I have seen shows that the puck is in.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuhockey View Post
The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team. Coburn can't hit the net. Timonen doesn't even try anymore looking for deflections instead. Streit has been a bust in that department. Luke Schenn cant get a shot past the forward in front of him which is usually a foot a way by the time he gets his shot off and usually will get a breakaway going the other way after the block. Not only can they not hit the net but none of them have been able to make a move at then blueline to open a shooting lane like McDonagh did. The defenders on this team constantly get shots blocked. Pressure the forwards to get rid of the puck and collapse the defense in front of the net and you will effectively neutralized the flyers offense.

Couple their terrible shooting with a below average ability to move the puck out of the defensive zone fast enough to create offense on the rush, and the flyers blueline is killing this team offensively. I know some fear moving a forward for a defenseman would hurt the goal scoring on this team, but having this group back there is doing it on its own. What good is forward talent if it is constantly outnumbered by opposing players.
Streit just scored from the point against the Hawks or Blues (I forget, but it was his last one), it was right off a Giroux faceoff.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Streit just scored from the point against the Hawks or Blues (I forget, but it was his last one), it was right off a Giroux faceoff.
I thought it was the stars?

Old
03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Quote:
The 2nd goal, in or not, is a great example of what is missing from the flyers lineup and is illustrated just about every time the flyers play the rangers and devils. There is not a single threat to score from the point on this team.
I hope you aren't saying that the Devils have a threat from the point, Zidlicky has 10 goals to Mark Streits 9.

What pissed me off from last night was when we had the 6 on 4 and Giroux and Streit wasted 10 seconds passing back and forth. Just shoot, especially on our PP we try the cross ice G to Voracek passes way too much.

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
Akanon

It looks like it didn't go in...

... but look at the net, it clearly moves.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akanon View Post

Right I agree, I never doubted that it was a goal, but from the angle the TV shows it looks like it pings off of every post lol.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:24 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Right I agree, I never doubted that it was a goal, but from the angle the TV shows it looks like it pings off of every post lol.
yeah definitely a goal. Thank you akanon.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Akanon

Quote:
Yea, it looked pretty bizarre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
yeah definitely a goal. Thank you akanon.
No problem

Old
03-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:

We need play makers from the back end desperately. Like the mcdonagh goal he created his own space and time to get that shot off. That's what we need. Streit has been good with his shot but he doesnt create chances like that. Ghost will be our best chance at that. Hopefully he isn't just one dimensional either and can play some good defense as well.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:28 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
We need play makers from the back end desperately. Like the mcdonagh goal he created his own space and time to get that shot off. That's what we need. Streit has been good with his shot but he doesnt create chances like that. Ghost will be our best chance at that. Hopefully he isn't just one dimensional either and can play some good defense as well.
I wish Phantoms games were televised so I could watch Hagg.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:32 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:

Ok thanks for posting. Def see the net moving.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Psuhockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WelcomeToGirouxSalem View Post
I hope you aren't saying that the Devils have a threat from the point, Zidlicky has 10 goals to Mark Streits 9.
No talking about how the devils and rangers defend the flyers with very little regard from the flyers shooters on the blueline.

Psuhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:36 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
I agree that would be good to have. At the same time it would be nice to go against a goalie who allows that. Mase was down on the shot from the circles when he could see it the whole way. He needs to be more standup as everyone is going high on him. Too late to adjust this year but hopefully over the summer they make him more of a hybrid goalie.

Either way you are correct the way he made room for himself is very valuable. He is a outstanding player. I can't believe they got him for the Gomez dump. Idiots

Old
03-27-2014, 09:38 AM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Quote:
No talking about how the devils and rangers defend the flyers with very little regard from the flyers shooters on the blueline.
Oh okay I was a bit confused, makes more sense now.

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:45 AM
flyershockey

McDonagh is the only player of the Rangers' defense that can make the play he made to score that goal last night. In fact, only a handful of guys in the league can make that play consistently. Shame on the Flyers for not having one fall into their lap.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:51 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Yeah, McDonagh is definitely a beast and a rarity in the NHL.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:55 AM
chupanibre
Registirad Uzer

Theeeeeeeeere's the Flyers I remember. I wondered where they went the past few weeks, but they're back!

chupanibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:55 AM
Jtown

Mcdonough just makes your life miserable when he is out there.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:56 AM
flyersfan018

vCash: 50
Rangers fans already looking past us in the playoffs because of this win.

flyersfan018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:56 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
I thought it was the stars?
Yes. I think you are right.

Old
03-27-2014, 09:57 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:

My eyes must be awful. I dont' see anything move.