HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread LXXVIII - All News & Talk from Around the League

Closed Thread

Old
03-27-2014, 10:51 AM
jsol

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claimed Off Waivers View Post
Tony Marinaro is reopening old wounds today. His twitter question today is "Subban vs McDonagh". Personally I'd take both.
I can't listen to this guy, turned off the radio for TSN toronto as soon as he put on his seduction voice for the first female caller. Absolutely gross, and I could actually hear his palms getting sweaty. As for McDonaugh, this is simply a lost opportunity. Let's move on from this mistake from seven years ago. Subban is a helluva consolation prize.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:01 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsol View Post
I can't listen to this guy, turned off the radio for TSN toronto as soon as he put on his seduction voice for the first female caller. Absolutely gross, and I could actually hear his palms getting sweaty. As for McDonaugh, this is simply a lost opportunity. Let's move on from this mistake from seven years ago. Subban is a helluva consolation prize.
Yeah, Thank God PK panned out. But that McDonagh trade still hurts. If PK can win a Norris with Josh Gorges by his side, just imagine the magic him and McD could have made together.

Oh well, the potential of Tinordi and Beaulieu make this trade a little easier to swallow.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:02 AM
PricePkPatch

If you want a consolation prize, just think that we got Gorges and Patch for RIVET

Old
03-27-2014, 11:03 AM
FazChenyuk

Mcdonagh scored his 14th, man that hurts now even more, he is exactly the extra D that we lacked. So we didn't need to have both Emelin, Gorges and even Bouillon and Murray.

But you guys are right, Gorges and Pacioretty ( 30 g scorer) for Rivet? Jeez robbery

Old
03-27-2014, 11:05 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Habs drafted Pacioretty, not really fair to give credit for him specifically to the GM but getting that 1st was a good move.

Quote:
Yeah, Thank God PK panned out. But that McDonagh trade still hurts. If PK can win a Norris with Josh Gorges by his side, just imagine the magic him and McD could have made together.

Oh well, the potential of Tinordi and Beaulieu make this trade a little easier to swallow.
Suter - Weber
Rinne

vs

McDonagh - Subban
Price

Old
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

stop crying about McDonagh for ****'s sake

Old
03-27-2014, 11:10 AM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Suter - Weber
Rinne

vs

McDonagh - Subban
Price
Too tough to call. But I guess I would take the second option because the Dmen and younger and I prefer Price to Rinne.

Too bad Gainey didn't give away David Fischer instead of McDonagh. That's the last I'm gonna talk about that trade today, hurts too much.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:17 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
Too tough to call. But I guess I would take the second option because the Dmen and younger and I prefer Price to Rinne.

Too bad Gainey didn't give away David Fischer instead of McDonagh. That's the last I'm gonna talk about that trade today, hurts too much.
What if Habs gave them the choice between Fischer and McDonagh.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:17 AM
FazChenyuk

I agree, we win some trades and some lose. I think we valued Fischer too much because of his skating, we thought maybe by dealing Mcdonagh , we would still have fischer, it was the other way around.

Speaking of david, he is playing in the DEL, in the ECHL he potted some decent stats a few years ago. I know its the ECHL but still...Im curious to know what kind of ceiling Fischer had? In the best of world, a smooth skating with 5- 10g 40 a as potential right? Those are Subban's numbers haha

Last edited by FazChenyuk: 03-27-2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old
03-27-2014, 11:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
Mcdonagh scored his 14th, man that hurts now even more, he is exactly the extra D that we lacked. So we didn't need to have both Emelin, Gorges and even Bouillon and Murray.

But you guys are right, Gorges and Pacioretty ( 30 g scorer) for Rivet? Jeez robbery
Why do people say this? The trade was for Gorges and a 1st round pick. If Max turned out to be a dud, would this deal be robbery? You act as if Max was part of the trade. He wasn't.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:34 AM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Yeah it's getting old now. Get over it tbh.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:36 AM
dreamingofdrouin*

The rumour is NYR wanted one of mcdonagh/Subban so just be happy with that....also as somebody pointed out yesterday...having mcdonagh in our lineup 2 years ago probabley makes us good enough to finish a few spots higher and in all likelihood we dont get galchenyuk...in fact it could have easily been the leafs that drafted him

Old
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
I agree. It's been almost half a decade. No point in dwelling over the past.
Imagine if we hadn't traded Roy, or at the very least not for garbage??

It's done.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Habit11

If it's any consolation, since Tuuka Rask's first season in Boston 09/10 the Leafs haven't been able to solidify their number 1 goalie position. Gustavsson, Toskala, Giguere, Reimer, Scrivens all split duty trying to be number 1 and none were able to do it. Bernier may finally be the guy, but maybe not. I'd say by comparison that's at least as damaging of a trade, if not more, but seldom do we hear about it.

Old
03-27-2014, 11:51 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
The rumour is NYR wanted one of mcdonagh/Subban so just be happy with that....also as somebody pointed out yesterday...having mcdonagh in our lineup 2 years ago probabley makes us good enough to finish a few spots higher and in all likelihood we dont get galchenyuk...in fact it could have easily been the leafs that drafted him

So we would have ended up with TT, or Trouba. You can play that game either way

Old
03-27-2014, 11:55 AM
lamp9post

McDonagh is the John LeClair of the 2010's.

Old
03-27-2014, 12:06 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingofdrouin View Post
And again, makes no sense 'cause that way, I could tell the Habs fans to trade Subban, Price and Pacioretty for nothing 'cause that way we'd get McDavid next year. People keep whining about hindsight. Well here's one example when it makes no sense. Gainey didn't trade McDonagh to get Galchenyuk. He traded, what he thought to be a prospect we could live without, for a centerman 'cause he had to replace Koivu. And had to think that Gomez would do the job. Big fail on 2 accounts. Getting Galchenyuk or not has nothing to do with that and can't soften the blow. 'Cause then it's supposition for supposition, what we might have lost in Galchenyuk, could have gained in Trouba or Teravainen.....Can't imagine a top 3 of Subban, McDonagh and Trouba.....

Old
03-27-2014, 12:08 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
And again, makes no sense 'cause that way, I could tell the Habs fans to trade Subban, Price and Pacioretty for nothing 'cause that way we'd get McDavid next year. People keep whining about hindsight. Well here's one example when it makes no sense. Gainey didn't trade McDonagh to get Galchenyuk. He traded, what he thought to be a prospect we could live without, for a centerman 'cause he had to replace Koivu. And had to think that Gomez would do the job. Big fail on 2 accounts. Getting Galchenyuk or not has nothing to do with that and can't soften the blow. 'Cause then it's supposition for supposition, what we might have lost in Galchenyuk, could have gained in Trouba or Teravainen.....Can't imagine a top 3 of Subban, McDonagh and Trouba.....
LOL!

Old
03-27-2014, 12:18 PM
yianik

Was one of the worst trades in Habs history as it cost us a top 2 two way dman and we would now have one of the best top pairings in the league. This hole has not been been filled and is a piece we still need. End of story, don't bother trying to make it better by doing time travel garbage of then we would not have gotten Gally blah, blah.

Having said that, serves no purpose talking about it again and again unless you are doing an evaluation of BG as GM or discussing worst trades in Habs history for whatever reason.

Old
03-27-2014, 12:21 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Who knows? McDonaugh may not be the McDonaugh we see today if he was developed in Montreal.

Old
03-27-2014, 12:31 PM
yianik

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Who knows? McDonaugh may not be the McDonaugh we see today if he was developed in Montreal.
Give it up brother. It is what it is, hopefully MB avoids such gaffes

Old
03-27-2014, 12:31 PM
JusticeBeaver
Twitter: @gar****al

Wrong thread. :S

Old
03-27-2014, 01:07 PM
Adriatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post

That's what hurts the most, that he's exactly the type of defenceman we need and are still looking for to back-up Subban.

Old
03-27-2014, 01:18 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
That's what hurts the most, that he's exactly the type of defenceman we need and are still looking for to back-up Subban.
I think in the long run, Jarred Tinordi will be just as good defensively as McD and Beaulieu should be able to put up similar or better offensive numbers. I'm just glad we have those two along with Dietz, Thrower, and Pateryn in the system and Emelin on the main roster. Our D should still be one of the best in the league in the future despite the trade.

If we ever meet the Rangers in the playoffs during McD's career, we need to absolutely destroy them. A 4 game sweep with McD going minus a zillion would be ideal.

Old
03-27-2014, 01:40 PM
Hullois
Somewhere in heaven

vCash: 250
Dan Rosen ‏@drosennhl 40m
For Coyotes, Mike Ribeiro and Derek Morris are out again. Lauri Korpikoski is in. Connor Murphy will play on D because of his right shot.

Didn't know Ribeiro was that bad

Closed Thread