HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Wed., Mar. 26, 2014| Flyers 1 at Rangers 3

Old
03-27-2014, 08:59 AM
bennysflyers16

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan018 View Post
Rangers fans already looking past us in the playoffs because of this win.
They are not necessarily wrong ?

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Regarding point threats, Streit is that guy as he has an above average shot, but he seems to have Kimmo pass syndrome ever since he got to the Flyers ?

bennysflyers16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 08:59 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
My eyes must be awful. I dont' see anything move.
On the second images look at the goalies right top corner. That's where the puck goes in

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Well when you consider they will likely have home ice they shouldn't be overly worried. That all changes with a single rd win which they can obviously get with a little luck.

This would be ideal for the pens. Rags eliminate us and pens have a lot better shot till Boston. They especially own the rangers.

Hank is good but they collapse around him and block everything. I think if we start driving to the net and faking shots we will have better success and get some pp

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:04 AM
Jtown

Quote:
They should.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
tymed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
My eyes must be awful. I dont' see anything move.
Look about 6-8 inches down from the top of the right (from behind) post.

tymed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 View Post
Hartnell is a serious problem. It seems like he is 50/50. One game he will play well and contribute and the rest, well... you saw it tonight.

I was a Lecavalier supporter even during his midseason struggles but, I now firmly believe he is what is holding back the 2nd line. Schenn is not the problem.
Be careful about dissing Hartnell. The Hartnell sympathists on here will crucify you for calling out boy blunder. Biggest mistake this club made was giving that man a 6 year/$25.5 million dollar extension. But it's ok though because he's a good locker room presence.....

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:13 AM
flyershockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
They should.
Why? It's about as dumb as Flyers fans looking past the Penguins. The playoffs have proven time and time again that regular season matchups go right out the window.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:14 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Regarding point threats, Streit is that guy as he has an above average shot, but he seems to have Kimmo pass syndrome ever since he got to the Flyers ?
I think the Flyers have the edge in forwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
On the second images look at the goalies right top corner. That's where the puck goes in
Now I see it.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:17 AM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
Man, this place gets way too hyped after wins and way too low after losses.

If one thing was clear last night, the Flyers were not expecting all the stretch passes early on. That completely caught them off guard and they fell back into a pretty conservative game plan in the offensive zone. They kept playing 1-2-2 to try and take away the walls, but it clearly wasn't working. This team has to play a 2-1-2 if they have any hopes of generating offense at even strength. They don't have natural talent or puck skills to play otherwise.
And the rags, like the debbies are also a team you just don't want to fall behind on. Different team with a lead.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:21 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Be careful about dissing Hartnell. The Hartnell sympathists on here will crucify you for calling out boy blunder. Biggest mistake this club made was giving that man a 6 year/$25.5 million dollar extension. But it's ok though because he's a good locker room presence.....
Yep, and just ignore the success he has had in his career because he had a bad game last night and a horrible start to the season(He was the only one of course)

Hartnell is one away from yet another 20 goal season and 3 points away from 50 points yet again but yes he is a mistake to have on this team. It's pretty funny how people can have a hate for certain players without any substantial evidence to back up their hate. It really just seems like you dislike the guy, which you are allowed to do but when people who see hartnell for what he is (second line/first line) tweener we provide evidence as of why. Also, watch the tape of the game, I saw on numerous times where Hartnell was back checking and playing pretty damn good defense. He came down low and supported the defense or even Giroux but we all chastise him for a bad game offensively. Voracek had a much worse game last night than Hartnell but he scored a goal in the last two minutes of the game so he gets a pass? That's the funny part.

The whole team was horrible starting with the captain down to the 6th dman. It was a tough game but what do we do afterwards? The players will move on but we will continue to look back at this game and make rash decisions because we lost a prime time game on the road.

We still have two games up on the Rangers while being only three points behind. Whoever is making it seem like this lose is the worst game of the season is just wrong. 10 games still left and we are still in a playoff spot. Was the game worrisome? Of course but I have faith the players aren't happy with the performance and will come back out next game swinging.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:38 AM
Protest
C`est La Vie

Quote:
I'd rather play the Penguins. We're a bad matchup with the Rangers as is, unless our coaching staff can come up with a better strategy for playing against them. Even then, that doens't mean the players could execute it.

Protest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:44 AM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

Man there's so much hate on the main board for Wayne. Apparently he throws hissyfits all the time?

WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 09:57 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
Why do you hate Hartnell so much? He makes probably less than what the market would dictate and he consistently produces goals and creates space.

03-27-2014, 09:58 AM
WelcomeToGirouxSalem

The thread about Wayne slashing McDonagh has gone from three things- 1. Wayne maliciously attempted to injure McDonagh 2. Slashing a player is worse than racism. 3. The history of racism.

Last edited by CanadianFlyer88: 03-27-2014 at 11:04 AM. Reason: removed quoted post
WelcomeToGirouxSalem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:19 AM
SnowblindNYR

Rangers fan coming in peace. I think you guys are being too hard on your team. I remember thinking in the 1st intermission that we were lucky to have that lead and that we were being outclassed. It evened out in the 2nd and 3rd, but I don't think the Flyers played all that poorly.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:24 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Rangers fan coming in peace. I think you guys are being too hard on your team. I remember thinking in the 1st intermission that we were lucky to have that lead and that we were being outclassed. It evened out in the 2nd and 3rd, but I don't think the Flyers played all that poorly.
There is no middle ground with Flyers fans. We are either the class of the NHL or Buffalo Sabres-esq.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:31 AM
Jtown

Last night the wayne bashing included Wayne slashing a gloveless player. ONce their was video showing that wasn't the case their was no admitting to being wrong just more nonsense.

Jtown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:46 AM
The Dream
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennysflyers16 View Post

Goal - Rags
Defense - Rags
Fwds - Tie

Nah, Flyers have a much deeper and talented forward group. Defense and Goaltending are different stories.

The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:53 AM
JackStraw
Moving much too slow

Quote:
Well, we are (at least many of us) from Philadelphia so it's kind of what we do. I do agree that the game could have gone better for us but that damn goalie you have...

JackStraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:55 AM

Slight over-reaction guys. We were some abysmal refereeing and one ludicrously good Lundy from winning that game.

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:02 AM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
How dare you try to bring logic and reason in here. There is no place for that in this thread.

We lost. Everyone sucks and we will never win again. Rangers will sweep us out of the playoffs, if we even make it, and then the entire franchise is moving to Seattle and will be called the Failures.

Honestly, the only thing I'm actually mad at is certain players on the team who have consistently screwed us over and we've been basically winning in spite of them. Our coach refuses to make changes to improve the team so we're stuck with the same issues every game. This game was frustrating to watch but I'm not too worried about it. We're still in a playoff spot with the least amount of games played in the conference and we've shown we can beat any team if we play the way we can.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Dirty but Good
but mostly dirty

Quote:
I agree with you, although I would say the Rangers controlled the second period.

Rangers are a hot team that played a very solid game, Mr. Hankie was on his game, Flyers would've needed to play spectacular in order to win last night.

Dirty but Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:07 AM
Aufheben
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 69
Yeah, a lot of NYR fans have been a bit cocky about our team for a few months now. I would love to play you guys in the playoffs just because it would be fun, not for any other reason.

Aufheben is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:15 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor

I don't care about either team's D or F, it's Lundqvist and the way he always gets up to play Philly that concerns me.

03-27-2014, 11:22 AM
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida

When you're allowing guys like Derek Dorsett and Dominic Moore to score on you, that's probably not a good sign!

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline   Reply With Quote