HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers Sign Kevin Goumas (F, UNH) to an Amateur Try-Out Contract

Old
03-27-2014, 09:03 AM
FLYguy3911

vCash: 500
I'm glad they could get a player like this on an AHL deal. If he performs well you can still sign him to an NHL contract in the middle of the year if need be. There are still a lot of potential signings. Gostisbehere, Vasiliev, Parks, Goulbourne, hopefully a college UFA (or two), they will probably sign another goalie (or two), they usually sign an overager from the CHL around this time of year, and there is always a chance they sign an international fee agent.

So there are a lot of possibilities and a lot of moves still to be made. The Flyers know what they are doing. It's exciting to get a player of this caliber on an AHL deal. It's also exciting knowing their are potential signings ahead.

FLYguy3911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 10:52 AM
sa cyred
Offseason...

Well the start for Goumas might be iffy. Centering the 4th line with Fitzgerald (ahl fighter). Luckily he somehow has Straka on his line also.

And people question why the Phantoms are losing because of Murrays decisions like this. Instead he has guys like Brown and Whitmore in the top 9.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:18 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
How do I lose body fat?
I have just lost 24 lbs in the last 3 months. I did so via math (counting calories) and exercise.

That is how you lose weight. Both muscle and fat. Not what everyone wants, most would prefer only to lose fat.

The time I had my lowest body fat % was when I stop playing football and even exercising at all, just because I went from consuming 5000 calories a day to a normal amount. I lost muscle as well, but proportionally less because my metabolism was sky high. Now my metabolism is poor.

To lose fat %, I would suggest breaking your exercise cycles into different diets and routines. For example, look to gain some muscle mass over a 3 month cycle and then look to lose overall weight the next 3 month cycle via math and calorie burning exercise (while keeping protein % of calories high).

Note: L. Schenn probably only goes for muscle mass and should look to shed pounds over the summer instead of bulking up

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 11:29 AM
Hiesenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillDineen View Post
I have just lost 24 lbs in the last 3 months. I did so via math (counting calories) and exercise.

That is how you lose weight. Both muscle and fat. Not what everyone wants, most would prefer only to lose fat.

The time I had my lowest body fat % was when I stop playing football and even exercising at all, just because I went from consuming 5000 calories a day to a normal amount. I lost muscle as well, but proportionally less because my metabolism was sky high. Now my metabolism is poor.

To lose fat %, I would suggest breaking your exercise cycles into different diets and routines. For example, look to gain some muscle mass over a 3 month cycle and then look to lose overall weight the next 3 month cycle via math and calorie burning exercise (while keeping protein % of calories high).

Note: L. Schenn probably only goes for muscle mass and should look to shed pounds over the summer instead of bulking up
Sounds good. I just started hitting the gym and I'd like to build up, but I'm really trying to control what I eat, maybe I should let that go for a while and then do what you said.

Hiesenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:32 AM
ClarkHislopCox

Kevin Goumas earns Player of the Week for Adirondack:

http://www.phantomshockey.com/pages/...s/20140403.asp

ClarkHislopCox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Curufinwe

vCash: 50