HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): 3rd and 10th pick at the draft.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-24-2014, 03:07 PM
  #676
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It is pretty incredible that the Sixers lost the last 24 in a row and are still two games ahead of the Bucks. Weren't they in 29th place when this streak started? How is this possible? Haha.

Also, what are the chances of landing a two-piece like Embid/Smart or Parker/Randle? Or are we looking at a stud + a "meh" prospect?
The Bucks are like 2-22 during the Sixers run.

I've heard people say that a guy like Marcus Smart should be there from 6-10, so if NO's pick falls in that range, they may get him

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 03:24 PM
  #677
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 50
At pick 10 or 11 the big four will be gone obviously and Vonleh, Randle, and Smart will most likely be gone too. As it looks right now the best prospect that could realistically be there is Aaron Gordon. Some other college guys that should be there includes Kyle Anderson, James Young, Grant, etc. The players that will be worth picking at the spot aren't superstars, but I think they could become effective starters.

MRxBLACK is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 04:46 PM
  #678
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
It is pretty incredible that the Sixers lost the last 24 in a row and are still two games ahead of the Bucks. Weren't they in 29th place when this streak started? How is this possible? Haha.
And the Sixers are the ones who get criticized for tanking

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 08:50 PM
  #679
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
People who like the Sixers don't want Embiid. Most want Parker or Wiggins.
Lol, bro I am aware. I am a sixers fan and I've been on the Wiggins bandwagon since the summer. Jack basically explained it perfectly on what I meant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I think the point is that Embiid being in the draft makes it more likely one of the other guys slips down a spot, should the Sixers end up not benefiting from the lottery.
^

Sniped is offline  
Old
03-24-2014, 09:35 PM
  #680
WhiskeyBoarder
Flyers West HQ
 
WhiskeyBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Long Beach, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 349
vCash: 500
March Madness performances did not inspire confidence in the leadership abilities of the projected top picks...

WhiskeyBoarder is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:20 AM
  #681
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I don't get why people are worried about Wiggins and Parker all of the sudden. Wiggins had a way worse game than Parker, but it was just one game. In the Big12 championship didn't he single-handedly keep KU in that game? Now all of the sudden he isn't NBA ready because in a different game he didn't play well?

And since when is 14 points and 7 rebounds such a bad game that people would question whether or not a guy (Parker) is NBA ready? I mean, it certainly isn't a world-beating performance, but I don't think I could ever look at that line and think that a player isn't worth a top pick because one game he only had 14 points and 7 rebounds.

Gonzo on SportsRise this morning seemed to be thinking the same way I do about this, but Greenie on Mike and Mike said he thinks based on the tournament performance Wiggins and Parker might not be impact players in the NBA for another 5 years. Completely ridiculous.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 10:36 AM
  #682
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I don't get why people are worried about Wiggins and Parker all of the sudden. Wiggins had a way worse game than Parker, but it was just one game. In the Big12 championship didn't he single-handedly keep KU in that game? Now all of the sudden he isn't NBA ready because in a different game he didn't play well?

And since when is 14 points and 7 rebounds such a bad game that people would question whether or not a guy (Parker) is NBA ready? I mean, it certainly isn't a world-beating performance, but I don't think I could ever look at that line and think that a player isn't worth a top pick because one game he only had 14 points and 7 rebounds.

Gonzo on SportsRise this morning seemed to be thinking the same way I do about this, but Greenie on Mike and Mike said he thinks based on the tournament performance Wiggins and Parker might not be impact players in the NBA for another 5 years. Completely ridiculous.
The concern is Parker was unhappy with how this season ended and will return to try to either go deeper or win the NCAA, it has nothing to do with him not being NBA ready. He's still a Top 2 pick.

I also heard that Parker financially is not the same as typical kids. Thus no big rush to get money either.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
03-25-2014, 11:03 AM
  #683
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
Gonzo on SportsRise this morning seemed to be thinking the same way I do about this, but Greenie on Mike and Mike said he thinks based on the tournament performance Wiggins and Parker might not be impact players in the NBA for another 5 years. Completely ridiculous.
Mike is a fool. A lot of people don't understand that 19 year old college kids aren't going to consistently play great. If all the top players come out, this draft is the best group of prospects since 2003.

MRxBLACK is offline  
Old
03-26-2014, 11:55 AM
  #684
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
The concern is Parker was unhappy with how this season ended and will return to try to either go deeper or win the NCAA, it has nothing to do with him not being NBA ready. He's still a Top 2 pick.

I also heard that Parker financially is not the same as typical kids. Thus no big rush to get money either.
I get the fear that he won't declare, I don't get people looking at the game and thinking Parker or Wiggins aren't NBA-ready. As if the rest of the season was meaningless. And while Wiggins game was pretty awful, Parker's didn't seem to be anything that would raise any eyebrows. Not a good game but it isn't like he invisible. 14 points and 7 boards is an ok performance.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-26-2014, 12:31 PM
  #685
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I get the fear that he won't declare, I don't get people looking at the game and thinking Parker or Wiggins aren't NBA-ready. As if the rest of the season was meaningless. And while Wiggins game was pretty awful, Parker's didn't seem to be anything that would raise any eyebrows. Not a good game but it isn't like he invisible. 14 points and 7 boards is an ok performance.
I agree. Again, I haven't read or heard anything that they lost positions in their drafting, its just that some won't be happy with the way they finished and may return. But I still think its only Parker that is risky. Sounds like Wiggins will definitely come out. But then the Sixers HAVE to get the #1 pick.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 08:21 AM
  #686
MRxBLACK
ESPN Sucks
 
MRxBLACK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Northern PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,005
vCash: 50
Embiid to enter draft!

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...ter-one-season

Quote:
Kansas star Joel Embiid has decided to forgo his final three seasons of Division I eligibility and enter the 2014 NBA Draft, Yahoo! Sports' Adrian Wojnarowski reported Thursday.

A formal announcement is expected soon.

MRxBLACK is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 08:48 AM
  #687
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
1 down, 2 to go.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:08 AM
  #688
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 300
Have to think that sways Wiggins to enter as well. If Embiid was going back then I coul see Wiggins joining him to pursue a championship.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:10 AM
  #689
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
good stuff

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:15 AM
  #690
Hiesenberg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Country: United States
Posts: 3,354
vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Forsberg View Post
Have to think that sways Wiggins to enter as well. If Embiid was going back then I coul see Wiggins joining him to pursue a championship.
Probably right. 2 down 1 to go. Parker is huge for the Sixers. It gives them even more change to land him or Wiggins.

Hiesenberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 09:23 AM
  #691
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Not sure if he's just playing the game or not, but he claims he hasn't made a decision yet.

https://twitter.com/jojo_embiid

Woj is the best in the business though.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:07 PM
  #692
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 50
As of right now, if it falls my way, I want Wiggins and Dougie McBuckets.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:25 PM
  #693
Jtown
Registered User
 
Jtown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Fairfax, Virginia
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
As of right now, if it falls my way, I want Wiggins and Dougie McBuckets.
No way do I want a worst version of Adam Morrison.

Jtown is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:30 PM
  #694
Devastate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,640
vCash: 500
McDermott seems like he's the Tim Tebow of basketball. Incredible college player but awful professional

Devastate is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:36 PM
  #695
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,537
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I was all about Wiggins and Parker, but the more I see of Embid the more I like. If there would be a way to grab Embid and Smart or Exum (or hell, Wiggins or Parker...which won't happen) we would be pretty solidly set...

Embid
Noel
WHOEVER
Exum/Smart/Wiggins/Parker
MCW

That's pretty wild right there.

EDIT: Parker is a forward? I thought he was a guard...

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:37 PM
  #696
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa
 
Sniped's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Philly
Country: United States
Posts: 1,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
As of right now, if it falls my way, I want Wiggins and Dougie McBuckets.
Replace Mcbuckets with Noah Vonleh and now you're talkin.

Sniped is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:39 PM
  #697
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
No way do I want a worst version of Adam Morrison.
I still think Morrison would've been good in the NBA if not for his injury.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:39 PM
  #698
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28
 
King Forsberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 5,219
vCash: 300
I like Aaron Gordon if he's there for the New Orleans pick.

King Forsberg is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:40 PM
  #699
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,926
vCash: 50
I want no part of Marcus Smart. I'm not saying I think McDermott will be Larry Bird but I think he'll be a great shooter in the NBA at the very least.

JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
03-27-2014, 12:40 PM
  #700
FLYguy3911
Registered User
 
FLYguy3911's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
No way do I want a worst version of Adam Morrison.
I wouldn't call him a worse version of Adam Morrison. He's a better shooter. Career 45% beyond the arc (a further arc mind you). That said, I don't think he's what the Sixers are looking for at this time. He's a tweener and will offer next to nothing defensively. He doesn't have the length or athleticism this team is looking for in the early stages of a rebuild.

FLYguy3911 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.