HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

My 07 Mock Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-24-2007, 02:34 PM
  #26
Kipper
 
Kipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Canucks need to draft Moller.

Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:47 PM
  #27
Dark Knight
We The North !!
 
Dark Knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,020
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper View Post
Canucks need to draft Moller.
You guys have a smart GM in Nonis. I know he'll draft a wildcard, but a good good pick. Moller could be that selection.

Dont overlook Mikeal Backlund. Such a great talent, a top 5 probably, but got injured.

__________________
http://hfboards.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=19868&dateline=128642  9216
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
  #28
Kipper
 
Kipper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slave View Post
You guys have a smart GM in Nonis. I know he'll draft a wildcard, but a good good pick. Moller could be that selection.

Dont overlook Mikeal Backlund. Such a great talent, a top 5 probably, but got injured.
I sure hope so, I see him play everynight with the Bruins and he goes to my school. But you can see he has so much potential.

Kipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 03:00 PM
  #29
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus
 
The Nemesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Langley, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 48,598
vCash: 500
It's already been said twice, but it bears repeating:

The Sharks will not draft a goalie in the first round. Never mind that it's something they've never done before, the key thing is that they have 4 solid goalies in their system right now (Greiss, Patzold, Dakers, & Stalock).

The Nemesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:08 PM
  #30
Redwingsfan
Global Moderator
What rust??
 
Redwingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: Norway
Posts: 19,169
vCash: 500
Awards:
Send a message via MSN to Redwingsfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fong p88 View Post
just my two cents:

1. Philly - Pat Kane - Cherepanov and Kane are about dead even but Cherepanov isn't a sure thing to come over
2. LA - Karl Alzner - The Kings have good prospects at every poition with Bernier, Johnson, Boyle, Lewis so they take the another good young d-man
3. Columbus - Jakub Voracek - Possiby the best player in the draft
4. Chicago - Angelo Esposito - The Hawks take a good forward who may be able to crack the team next year
5. St. Louis - Sam Gagner - The Blues want an offensive force and they get one
6. Florida - Logan Couture - They want a center and he is the best one available
7. Washington - Alexei Cherpanov - It is more probable that he is selected higher than this but with rankings changing every month who knows where him and the others will go
8. Phoenix - Kyle Turris - The Coyotes go high risk high reward
9. Boston - James Van Rimesdyk - They have Stuart and Lasshoff as d-men but they lack a great forward prospect
10. Rangers - Zach Hamill - Probably a reach but he has a great upside, maybe Ellerby here
11. Oilers - Keaton Ellerby - They get a defenseman of the future
12. Colorado - Trevor Cann - With Budaj their only young(ish) goalie they need to take a goalie of the future
13. Islanders - Nick Petrecki - Best Player available
14. Toronto - Brandon Sutter - He has good bloodlines and isn't a bad hockey player
15. Carolina - John Blum - They traded away Jack Johnson and need another defenseman
16. Minnesota - John Negrin - Have a good nucleus of young forwards, Maybe Sexsmith goes here
17. Bill Sweatt - Took a goalie last year and defensemen before that
18. Ottawa - Michael Repik - Best Player Available
19. Pittsburgh - Eric Doyle - Best Player Available
20. Montreal - Maxim Mayorov - Best Player Available
21. Vancouver - Kevin Shattenkirk - Best Player Available
22. Calgary - Colton Gillies - They take a grinder with offensive upside who fits their system
23. Dallas - Luca Cunti - Best Player Available
24. Atlanta - Thomas Hickey - Best Player Available
25. San Jose - Tyson Sexsmith - Lacka good young goalie
26. New Jersey - Alex Plante - The big faller of the first round, teams may see him as overrated because he plays with Alzner
27. Oilers - Jim O'Brien - Best player available
28. Detroit - Joakim Andersson - Best Player available
29. Philly - Jeremy Smith - Get their goalie of the future
30. Buffalo - Mike Hoeffel - Best Player Available

There are some reaches (Gillies, Hamill) and some fallers (Cherpanov, Ellerby, Plante)... Also the only traded picks I could rember were Nashville to Philly and Anaheim to Edmonton

i could definitely live with that pick, but the wings will probably mess it up by trading their first rounder again

Redwingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:51 PM
  #31
jr13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 64
vCash: 500
Turris / Kane/ or Cheraponov for the Fly Guys - no way Turris goes past #4.

jr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
  #32
daynus
Registered User
 
daynus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Good Ole Saskatchewan
Posts: 1,811
vCash: 500
not a bad looking mock fong.

fly fan coming at yah. i would say talent wise philly is looking at 2 people. Kane and Alzner. If we keep the #1 pick, which we should be able to do, after this horrible season, i would say go 80% chance it will be Kane, and 20% chance it will be Alzner

daynus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.