HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist

Old
02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Dagoon44

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Henrik Lundqvist

I have been complaining since the first week of the season and now I dare and I said DARE anyone to question my judgment on Hanks dropping down to his knees. Hank played the entire game vs the Bluejackets on his knees. He was beat with 2 40 foot wrist shots high to the glove side and Was beat at least 3 other times and got lucky.
Benoit Allaire was sitting dead in front of me and I was all over Hank tonight I mean I took 62 games of frustration out on Hank and Benoit Allaire finally turned around and looked at me and shook his head after the 3rd goal. He normally waits to the end of the period to leave and walk down the stairs he even left early. The guy is either tired or just not a big game goalie. Don't throw stats st me i know he had a 908 save % I don't care he doesn't win must games and he sucks vs team he should beat. 2--0 lead wasted again.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
lotus

You're right! How dare Lundqvist lose this game for us!

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
I have been complaining since the first week of the season and now I dare and I said DARE anyone to question my judgment on Hanks dropping down to his knees. Hank played the entire game vs the Bluejackets on his knees. He was beat with 2 40 foot wrist shots high to the glove side and Was beat at least 3 other times and got lucky.
Benoit Allaire was sitting dead in front of me and I was all over Hank tonight I mean I took 62 games of frustration out on Hank and Benoit Allaire finally turned around and looked at me and shook his head after the 3rd goal. He normally waits to the end of the period to leave and walk down the stairs he even left early. The guy is either tired or just not a big game goalie. Don't throw stats st me i know he had a 908 save % I don't care he doesn't win must games and he sucks vs team he should beat. 2--0 lead wasted again.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:05 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Im getting real sick of the people here that cant breathe because their mouth is pressed HARD against Henrik's ass. The kid makes the same mistakes, when will you deal with it?

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Dagoon44

Guys are you really Rangers fans? Did you watch the game? answer this would Brouder/Turco/ Hasek/ Miller/ have lost this game. Hank Blew tonight

Old
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Theoren Fan

Send a message via AIM to Theoren Fan
Hank need's to be sat but not because he's no good. I don't have the figures infront of me, but I know he's started WAY too many games in a row. The guy is burnt out and needs a rest.

Theoren Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
Hank need's to be sat but not because he's no good. I don't have the figures infront of me, but I know he's started WAY too many games in a row. The guy is burnt out and needs a rest.
I agree 100% but he was needed tonight and didn't deliver

Old
02-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Theoren Fan

I would seriously consider bringing up Montoya (IF Weekes can't go) and give him some time JUST to let Hank catch his breath. I would tend to believe a reasonibly rested Lundqvist could've faired better tonight. There has to be some kind of serious shakeup on this team to at least get them alert.

BTW- I also know none of the rules as far as the CBA and recalling players and such goes. Obviously if there could be a complication in bringing him up, then keep him down.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:15 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
That has always been the issue with him. That is the weakness in his game, he can get beat up high. It very may be that when he gets fatigued he drops too early. What are the options? Weekes? Montoya was hurt again and is now just back having played 3 games since he's comeback from the injury. Losing makes everyone seem worst than they are, the same holds true when you're winning, you're not that good.
Take a breath. Lundqvist is an excellent goalie. If he's that bad and certain people on here make the comparison of how Brodeur plays against us, well then why does NJ have a losing record against him? we were on the PP and we have no business giving up scoring opportunties like we do. We pass it around far too much and end up turning it over and get trapped. Roszival just stood there like a freaking cigar store indian. Hossa & Starka ole it. The only player who tried hard was the smallest guy on the ice, Prucha.

Instead of being PO'd realize that this team was going anywhere in the playoffs if they made it. Just as well, lets hope they free fall and get soemthing of value out of another disappointing and lost season.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:16 PM
2Leetch_94

I agree Lundqvist could use a couple games off. But, anyone who's seriously blaming Lundqvist for where the Rangers are right now is kidding themselves.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Nevermind the fact that both shots were basically identical, and were PERFECT lasers to the top corner.

Nevermind Prucha's lame attempt at a backcheck on Chimera.

Nevermind the total piece of **** that the power play became later in the game, allowing these situations to manifest.

Nevermind Henrik has started 26* (Twenty ****ing six!) games in a row. Weekes last started December 21st. Valiquette has played 1 period.

*Bolded, Italicized and Underlined for absurdity.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Posted by Dagoon44:I agree 100% but he was needed tonight and didn't deliver
I can think of about 16 other players on the team who didnt deliver as well. To place blame soley on one person, especially Lundqvist is rediculous. He has been the reason why the Rangers can still say they are somewhat in the playoff race. You put Weekes or Valiquette in net and god only knows what will happen. Oh wait thats right I forgot Montoya is the solution to the Rangers woes....

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:22 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Allaire left early because you were being loud, obnoxious and ignorant

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I can think of about 16 other players on the team who didnt deliver as well. To place blame soley on one person, especially Lundqvist is rediculous. He has been the reason why the Rangers can still say they are somewhat in the playoff race. You put Weekes or Valiquette in net and god only knows what will happen. Oh wait thats right I forgot Montoya is the solution to the Rangers woes....
Gee with a name like you have I guess that is a bias look at things? If Weekes played tonight and gave them goals up you would be out for his head. Dude be honest the goals were soft. they were 40-45 foot wrist shoots. Richter puts them in his back pocket. Dude Hank couldn't carry richters jock own up to it

Old
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
You put Weekes or Valiquette in net and god only knows what will happen.
True. Those cats might lose clutch games to the Devils or even to hideous teams like the Blue Jackets.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
ThirdEye

This thread is unreal. Out of all people to play for today you blame the person least responsible

The first shot was the most unlucky thing I have ever seen. The other where bullets that were aimed perfectly. Brodeur got beat 4 times today too and most weren't his fault as well. Maybe you should find another team to cheer for my friend

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
Theoren Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Nevermind Henrik has started 26* (Twenty ****ing six!) games in a row. Weekes last started December 21st. Valiquette has played 1 period.

*Bolded, Italicized and Underlined for absurdity.
Lundqvist isn't going to be any better if he doesn't get some rest. He need's a game off and they need somebody else in there.. Weekes can't go and it's a playoff race so Valiquette isn't an option. There best bet is recalling Montoya in a desprate attempt to see if he can deliver some good goaltending and so Lundqvist recharges. Let Al see if he can get a W or 2 up here, and see if Hank can pick it back up for the home stretch. It's a high risk/ high reward ballsy move but the bottom line is the Rangers aren't going anywhere with Lundqvist pushing 30 starts in a row and beyond.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
fob

Some people sure expect a lot out of a 2nd year player.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:28 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
Lundqvist isn't going to be any better if he doesn't get some rest. He need's a game off and the need somebody else in there.. Weekes can't go and it's a playoff race so Valiquette isn't an option. There best bet is recalling Montoya in a desprate attempt to see if he can deliver some good goaltending and so Lundqvist recharges. Let Al see if he can get a W or 2 up here, and see if Hank can pick it back up for the home stretch. It's a high risk/ high reward ballsy move but the bottom line is the Rangers aren't going anywhere with Lundqvist pushing 30 starts in a row and beyond.
I agree, he needs some serious rest to recover both physically and mentally. I can't imagine another goaltender playing so damn well for so long and losing so many times.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Nevermind the fact that both shots were basically identical, and were PERFECT lasers to the top corner.
Fine. If Jason Chimera of all people can come up with a "perfect" shot, is it really too much to ask Henrik Lundqvist to come up with a "perfect" save to stop it?

This is the point. Saves like those are made every night of the week, and in the first half of last year, Lundqvist was making them, too. He's not making them now.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:32 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Gee with a name like you have I guess that is a bias look at things? If Weekes played tonight and gave them goals up you would be out for his head. Dude be honest the goals were soft. they were 40-45 foot wrist shoots. Richter puts them in his back pocket. Dude Hank couldn't carry richters jock own up to it
Ok you want me to appologize for being a Lundqvist fan? Well thats not going to happen, and I am always critical of him or anyone when they play poorly. If you go back to the begining of the season, I was one of the people questioning his play so dont think that having a screen name of a player means i'm going to watch them play with rose colored glasses. Would I be out for Weekes head? What makes you say that? Find one post where I ever and I mean ever blasted Weekes. If anything its the absolute opposite. Weekes' poor play is due to his lack of ice time and nothing more.I fully support Kevin every time he is on the ice for the Rangers. I said at the begining of the season that Weekes will be totally useless if he doesnt get ice time and sure enough he hasnt played well. I never said the goals that Henrik let in were good or werent soft, all I said was he wasnt to blame. You need to get off your high horse and stop throwing out judgments on me like you know anything about me. And you bring Richter into a conversation about a guy who is in his second year? Common, when all is said and done and both of them are retired then compare who did what, but untill then that argument makes no sense.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:34 PM
NYROrtsFan

Part of the deal with having a bad team... Everyone starts to get tossed under the bus. Even the few good players.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:35 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
This thread is unreal. Out of all people to play for today you blame the person least responsible

The first shot was the most unlucky thing I have ever seen. The other where bullets that were aimed perfectly. Brodeur got beat 4 times today too and most weren't his fault as well. Maybe you should find another team to cheer for my friend
Dude I have been with this team since 1975 and been through some crapping goalies Steve Baker, Steve Weeks, Hardy Astrom Terry KLEISINGER, Laforest and MCLEAN, MUZZATTI, And trust me I think Hank is a step up and top 15 in the league. He isn't Richter and may never be. I love the Ranger and have had season tickets for a long time. I go to every training camp and take my vacation to travel to the pre season games. You shouldn't tell me to leave my team because you don't agree with me. You opinion is yours mine is mine. Hank has not proven to be a clutch goalie and the stats support it

Old
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Chimp

I was just waiting for this kind of thread. This just proves how much some of you people know about goaltending, which in this case seems to be zero, zip and none.

Lundqvist plays a butterfly stance, which has it's pros and cons. If you want a goaltender that stands up, you will have to look hard, since there are hardly none left in the entire league. The butterfly is simple more effective. Heck, not even a standing goalie will have it easy when the puck is roofed with a laser, don't kid yourself.

If you had a goalie playing the standup style, you would whine yourself to death over all easy five holes and low shots that get in (which statistically are where most of the shots go, it's certainly not in the top corners).

Ask a friend to throw a tennisball at you just over your shoulder and see how easy it is to catch it. Now try it with goalie equipment on. If you get a hard shot just over the shoulder on any goaltender, it's a guaranteed goal in any sport.

If you try to blame this loss on Lundqvist, just as you try to blame him for each and every other loss this team has had out there... your're simply incredible.

There are soft goals for a goalie and there were none in this game against Columbus. You could ask Chimera to try to get off that kind of good shot on 20-30 attempts and I bet he wouldn't be able to make it happen again. Nash also got an incredible shot away.

Last edited by Chimp: 02-24-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:37 PM
dedalus

Quote:
The first shot was the most unlucky thing I have ever seen.
"Unlucky" is a word that's been linked to Lundqvist an awful lot recently. For the team's sake I hope the guy gets himself a rabbit's foot or something. Maybe his luck will change.

Quote:
The other where bullets that were aimed perfectly.
Soooo if a guy shoots "perfectly," the goalie can't save "perfectly"? "Perfect" shots are stolen every night, my friend.
Quote:
Brodeur got beat 4 times today too
Brodeur needed to play better today - just like Lundqvist. My guess is that Brodeur will be the first to say he needed to play better today.

Quote:
and most weren't his fault as well.
Indeed. One would assume he had an unlucky day and also faced a couple of perfectly aimed shots.

Quote:
Maybe you should find another team to cheer for my friend
*Sigh* Same old.