HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist

Old
02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
Dude Lundquist does his job, unlike our piss *** D. He can't stop every shoot, he also can't go down and score goals, if the rangers would've scored 2 maybe even 1 more goal this thread wouldn't be up.

Just curious what you suggest with we do with him, or about the situation? Give him up?, not think of him as our franchise goalie?, For such a late round pick, he is a diamond.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:43 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
Dude Lundquist does his job, unlike our piss *** D. He can't stop every shoot, he also can't go down and score goals, if the rangers would've scored 2 maybe even 1 more goal this thread wouldn't be up.

Just curious what you suggest with we do with him, or about the situation? Give him up?, not think of him as our franchise goalie?, For such a late round pick, he is a diamond.
Ok first things first I never said trade him. i want Montoya up here to push him. Hank has been handed the job by default. Weekes never pushed him and he has no one here to even make him work harder. get a guy in here to say hey i want your job

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:45 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
I was just waiting for this kind of thread. This just proves how much some of you people know about goaltending, which in this case seems to be zero, zip and none.

Lundqvist plays a butterfly stance, which has it's pros and cons. If you want a goaltender that stands up, you will have to look hard, since there are hardly none left in the entire league. The butterfly is simple more effective. Heck, not even a standing goalie will have it easy when the puck is roofed with a laser, don't kid yourself.

If you had a goalie playing the standup style, you would whine yourself to death over all easy five holes and low shots that get in (which statistically are where most of the shots go, it's certainly not in the top corners).

Ask a friend to throw a tennisball at you just over your shoulder and see how easy it is to catch it. Now try it with goalie equipment on. If you get a hard shot just over the shoulder on any goaltender, it's a guaranteed goal in any sport.

If you try to blame this loss on Lundqvist, just as you try to blame him for each and every other loss this team has had out there... your're simply incredible.

There are soft goals for a goalie and there were none in this game against Columbus. You could ask Chimera to try to get off that kind of good shot on 20-30 attempts and I bet he wouldn't be able to make it happen again. Nash also got an incredible shot away.
Butterfly style is Tony Esposito lying on your A## Lundqvist!!! dude he is tried and I understand that but his game is off.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Fine. If Jason Chimera of all people can come up with a "perfect" shot, is it really too much to ask Henrik Lundqvist to come up with a "perfect" save to stop it?

This is the point. Saves like those are made every night of the week, and in the first half of last year, Lundqvist was making them, too. He's not making them now.
The team was also better last year.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Food for thought, these are the first 2 year stats for some well known goaltenders:

Brodeur:
GP-W-L-T GAA Sv%
(93-94) 47-27-11-8 2.44 .902
(94-95) 40-19-11-6 2.34 .911

Turco:
(01-02) 26-13-6-1 2.09 .921
(02-03) 31-15-6-2 1.72 .932

Richter:
(92-93) 38-13-19-3 3.82 .886
(93-94) 68-42-12-6 2.57 .910

Lundqvist:
(05-06) 53-30-12-9 2.24 .922
(06-07) 50-25-19-4 2.58 .908

I'm sorry but those arent bad numbers for a guy in his second year IMO. All from TSN.CA btw.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Any attempt at pulling Lundqvist out from under the bus will result in being labeled an apologist apparently.

The ****** powerplay, lack of desire to backcheck, inability to hit the net with half our shots taken, anemic offense, and even great individual efforts (ie. Chimera), and Lundqvist being played until he drops have nothing to do with why we lost. None whatsoever. It's all because of Hank and his gimped glove hand.

Gotcha.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:48 PM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Butterfly style is Tony Esposito lying on your A## Lundqvist!!! dude he is tried and I understand that but his game is off.
In what aspect is Lundqvist's game off? Because the team lost the game? Because he plays the butterfly? Because you say so and you're a ticket holder?

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Any attempt at pulling Lundqvist out from under the bus will result in being labeled an apologist apparently.

The ****** powerplay, lack of desire to backcheck, inability to hit the net with half our shots taken, anemic offense, and even great individual efforts (ie. Chimera) have nothing to do with why we lost. None whatsoever. It's all because of Henrik and his gimped glove hand.

Gotcha.
Firefly no one is saying we can't use 4-5 goals a game I agree. But the reason I agree is that Lundqvist gave up 3 stinkers and we need 4 to win cause he couldn't stop a bus never mind being under it

Old
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
hlundqvist30*

Nobody is saying that it was absolutely impossible for Lundqvist to save the 2 shots. You just can't blame him. Why the hell is Columbus getting these friggin opportunities anyway? We are on the POWERPLAY. For a lot of goalies, when they have a bad day, sometimes their offense bails them out. I can not think of a single time this season where Lundqvist had a bad game but the offense played well to save him. There haven't been any 6-4 games. Lundqvist has pretty much had to play near perfect in most of the Rangers wins. The whole team is a mess. A borderline NHL goalie with a borderline NHL defense, and we can't score. Terrible.....

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:

The ****** powerplay, lack of desire to backcheck, inability to hit the net with half our shots taken, anemic offense, and even great individual efforts (ie. Chimera) have nothing to do with why we lost. None whatsoever. It's all because of Henrik and his gimped glove hand.

Gotcha.
Agreed. Ok, an argument can be made that Henrik's game could be raised, but even that's a stretch. Anyone pinning this loss on him simply has an axe to grind as far as I'm concerned. The Rangers lost this game.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
In The Flesh

Quote:
Ok first things first I never said trade him. i want Montoya up here to push him. Hank has been handed the job by default. Weekes never pushed him and he has no one here to even make him work harder. get a guy in here to say hey i want your job

I just don't think Montoya would give the team the same chance to win right now like Lundquist does. Then again I didn't think Lundquist would catch fire so fast last season either. So I guess you never know.

Old
dedalus

Quote:
And if Norrena didn't play so well this thread wouldn't be up. But Norrena DID play well - better than Lundqvist, and that's the point.

Quote:
Just curious what you suggest with we do with him, or about the situation? Give him up?
There's nothing to do with him. You give him some rest; Allaire gives him some coaching; you start him; and you hope that the first three months of last year weren't the best of his career.

Quote:
not think of him as our franchise goalie?
I don't think of him as the franchise goalie. He has yet to prove himself one, so it would be unwise and really unfair to place that expectation on him.

Quote:
For such a late round pick, he is a diamond
I agree that he's a late-round gem, but that doesn't make him a franchise goalie; it makes him a late-round gem.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:53 PM
Chimp

Norrena played well, but he also faced less difficult shots than Lundqvist. Rangers fired exactly the kind of shots that butterfly goalies excel at, down low along the ice. The few high shot attempts we fired went wide. The screening was alright, but the deflections always went wide. It felt like everything went wide this game.

It's no secret deflections and high shots are good at beating most modern goalies, we just couldn't do it.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:55 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Surely that's fair. After all, any attempt at critiquing Lundqvist will get you labeled stupid or utterly ignorant of the game of hockey.

Quote:
It's all because of Hank and his gimped glove hand.
Helloooooooooo, Strawman!

Old
02-24-2007, 09:56 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
Nobody is saying that it was absolutely impossible for Lundqvist to save the 2 shots. You just can't blame him. Why the hell is Columbus getting these friggin opportunities anyway? We are on the POWERPLAY. For a lot of goalies, when they have a bad day, sometimes their offense bails them out. I can not think of a single time this season where Lundqvist had a bad game but the offense played well to save him. There haven't been any 6-4 games. Lundqvist has pretty much had to play near perfect in most of the Rangers wins. The whole team is a mess. A borderline NHL goalie with a borderline NHL defense, and we can't score. Terrible.....
Exactly!!

Old
02-24-2007, 09:57 PM
Dagoon44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
Agreed. Ok, an argument can be made that Henrik's game could be raised, but even that's a stretch. Anyone pinning this loss on him simply has an axe to grind as far as I'm concerned. The Rangers lost this game.
MR Mod I have no ax to grind at all I am a RANGERS fan and yes they lost. But please even someone so politically correct needs to say the goals were soft.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
And if Norrena didn't play so well this thread wouldn't be up. But Norrena DID play well - better than Lundqvist, and that's the point.

There's nothing to do with him. You give him some rest; Allaire gives him some coaching; you start him; and you hope that the first three months of last year weren't the best of his career.

I don't think of him as the franchise goalie. He has yet to prove himself one, so it would be unwise and really unfair to place that expectation on him.

I agree that he's a late-round gem, but that doesn't make him a franchise goalie; it makes him a late-round gem.

How hasn't he proved it, by not nearly standing on his head almost ever game. Whatever. What is proving it by the way?

Old
02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Firefly

Quote:

Helloooooooooo, Strawman!
What else is he supposed to use to stop Chimera and Nash's shots?! Seriously, I'm curious.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
2Leetch_94

I don't think it's fair to say the goals were "soft". Were the last two goals ones he could have saved? Sure, but ones he should have saved? I don't think that's correct. They were great shots, give credit where credit is due.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Norrena played well, but he also faced less difficult shots than Lundqvist. Rangers fired exactly the kind of shots that butterfly goalies excel at, down low along the ice.
Please. Both players faced a handful up high. Norrena also dealt with more scrambles (especially at the end) and rebounds. He didn't merely"play well;" he outplayed Lundqvist.

Quote:
It felt like everything went wide this game.
Only watching from TV. I imagine that when faced with 44 shots, very little felt like it went wide to Norrena.

Quote:
It's no secret deflections and high shots are good at beating most modern goalies, we just couldn't do it.
Fair enough. Lundqvist is playing equivalent to most goalies. We agree there.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:04 PM
Firefly

Quote:
MR Mod I have no ax to grind at all I am a RANGERS fan and yes they lost. But please even someone so politically correct needs to say the goals were soft.
When did tipped shots that the goaltender can't even see become "soft goals"? Oh brother.

Nash's goal...yeah, he got burned on that one. Same situation, same move. Still a great shot, just like Chimera's. Why can we not give one inch and admit to a few great shots...but instead do a 180 and blame it all on the goalie? Boggles the mind.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:06 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
But please even someone so politically correct needs to say the goals were soft.
Fine, they were soft. This game was still winable despite soft goals, so singling out an individual for a collectively piss poor effort seems pretty pointless to me.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
Dagoon44

The only thing pointless is the Rangers

Old
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
dedalus

Quote:
What else is he supposed to use to stop Chimera and Nash's shots?! Seriously, I'm curious.
I take it you don't know what a strawman argument is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194
How hasn't he proved it, by not nearly standing on his head almost ever game. Whatever. What is proving it by the way?
Respectfully, your "whatever" tells me you're not really listening anymore. That being the case, don't be offended that I won't bother answering your questions.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
The only thing pointless is the Rangers
Exactly.