Notices

GDT: 2/24 - Thrashers v. Hurricanes

Old
02-24-2007, 09:39 PM
ExplosiveLEAFman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by btn View Post

2. Slater and Sim have no business even being on the ice at the same time as Kovalchuk, and Ilya knows it. He simply gave up attempting to pass it to them after the 1st, and I don't blame him since all they would do was turn the puck over. At one point in the 3rd he kept the puck circled around, and then attempted to knock it in off one of their own skates in the goal.

Darren Elliot got on his soapbox (Ilya shouldn't freelance) on this play. All I could think to myself was "I wouldn't pass to Jim Slater either".

ExplosiveLEAFman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:42 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
1. Why on earth would you sit Metro?

2. Slater and Sim have no business even being on the ice at the same time as Kovalchuk, and Ilya knows it. He simply gave up attempting to pass it to them after the 1st, and I don't blame him since all they would do was turn the puck over. At one point in the 3rd he kept the puck circled around, and then attempted to knock it in off one of their own skates in the goal.

3. After the first goal the team just sat in their own zone feeling sorry for themselves.

4. This losing in front of sellouts nonsense has got to end.
You're right, btn. That line of Kovy, Sim and Slkater just was utter crap tonight. They always got stuck in their own zone, and then finally Ilya would break out 1 on 2 and nothing would come of it. Looked like Kovy of old, doing things on his own again - not good at all.

At least DW got Zhitnik.. maybe that'll solve something here.

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:47 PM
btn
Gone Hollywood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaddagoal View Post
You're right, btn. That line of Kovy, Sim and Slkater just was utter crap tonight. They always got stuck in their own zone, and then finally Ilya would break out 1 on 2 and nothing would come of it. Looked like Kovy of old, doing things on his own again - not good at all.
It actually reminded me of Tony Amonte when he was on those awful Chicago teams. He would just keep the puck and skate around in circles hoping one of the knuckleheads he was on the ice with would do something worthy of puckage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whaddagoal View Post
At least DW got Zhitnik.. maybe that'll solve something here.
Thank God our PK is showing signs of improvement.

btn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:00 PM
Whaddagoal
Larsson Jailbreak.

Quote:
It actually reminded me of Tony Amonte when he was on those awful Chicago teams. He would just keep the puck and skate around in circles hoping one of the knuckleheads he was on the ice with would do something worthy of puckage.

Thank God our PK is showing signs of improvement.
Kovy almost got wrecked behind the net doing that tonight, sometime in the 3rd i think. He should have shot it earlier when he was weaving around, but was going around behind the net pretty fast and met up with some Cane... good thing he is a big dude.. or else that might have been nasty.

Outside of that line, Hossa and Koz looked great SH'ed, but not at all ES. They almost had 2 SH goals...

About the PP: Oppositions don't fear it anymore, whatsoever. They don't even give the "respect" space that most units get (or that they used to get) with some distancing. As soon as the Thrashers have some posession, they go straight for the man with the puck, and it usually leads to a cough up. It appears that there is no fear that they can actually make a nice play at the moment so they don't worry about over-marking and just go for high pressure.. A vicious cycle the PP unit will need to overcome if they want to win games again...

Whaddagoal is offline   Reply With Quote