HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Henrik Lundqvist

Old
02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
Firefly

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
The only thing pointless is the Rangers
That we can agree on.

See you all next game, gotta love it.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Some of you guys, if you could have been around, would have been booing Eddie Giacomin his 1st year. Some of you wouldn't know a quality goalie if he was a hall of famer. Many of you are nothing more than a bunch of front runners and extremely immature. You have zero patience, yet you want this organization to rebuild. You have the attention span of a spoiled 2 year old.

Lundqvist, despite the expert pronouncement of some of the resident experts around here is a frandchise goalie. You build the team around him. You structure the strength of the team towards taking advantage of his game. We need guys on D who clear the front, something this organization has a very long history of not having. You jam the middle in your own end and keep everything to the perimeter.

Up front you have speed, nastiness and skill. You forecheck the heck out of the opposition. You attack their goal, not circle around like a bunch of indians from a B grade cowboy movie. Then you make it extremely difficult for the opposition to play in your building.

Far too many of you do nothing but complain at every single thing and offer absolutely nothing, no valid alternative. I can respect someone with an opposing opinion and an alternative plan, one that has been thought out and even though we may not agree, at least you see the merit.

Last year raised the expectaions to high. Wasn't it Don Maloney that said at the beginning of the year that we may take a step or two back this year?

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:17 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Fly it is nothing personal we all love the Same 24 guys and hope they win all the time. Sometimes one of us doesn't like a certain player. I love Orr and others hate him. We just need to win and we all can get along. In 1994 I loved Brian Noonan. Today I careless about him lol

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:19 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
I take it you don't know what a strawman argument is.

Respectfully, your "whatever" tells me you're not really listening anymore. That being the case, don't be offended that I won't bother answering your questions.

Whatever dude., See ya next game, I bet Lundqvist starts too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Some of you guys, if you could have been around, would have been booing Eddie Giacomin his 1st year. Some of you wouldn't know a quality goalie if he was a hall of famer. Many of you are nothing more than a bunch of front runners and extremely immature. You have zero patience, yet you want this organization to rebuild. You have the attention span of a spoiled 2 year old.

Lundqvist, despite the expert pronouncement of some of the resident experts around here is a frandchise goalie. You build the team around him. You structure the strength of the team towards taking advantage of his game. We need guys on D who clear the front, something this organization has a very long history of not having. You jam the middle in your own end and keep everything to the perimeter.

Up front you have speed, nastiness and skill. You forecheck the heck out of the opposition. You attack their goal, not circle around like a bunch of indians from a B grade cowboy movie. Then you make it extremely difficult for the opposition to play in your building.

Far too many of you do nothing but complain at every single thing and offer absolutely nothing, no valid alternative. I can respect someone with an opposing opinion and an alternative plan, one that has been thought out and even though we may not agree, at least you see the merit.

Last year raised the expectaions to high. Wasn't it Don Maloney that said at the beginning of the year that we may take a step or two back this year?
I agree. A goalie will most likely only play as good as the weakest link on the team. In this case it's the D, and they are VERY mediocre. Name me another team that has been playing as poorly as ours with a goalie that still somehow manages to keep a GAA of under 2 and a S% of around .930. How can some of you write him off already when he hasn't yet had a chance to play behind at least a consistent defense? Look at every franchise goaltender today and look at their defense. Guess what, 95% of the time the defense is exceptional. I just can't see a case where I would agree with you Dagoon, sorry

Btw, as an example, look at Kari Lehtonen. He is also an amazing goaltender playing behind a subpar defense and a slouching offense. Do you honestly think his poor numbers this year reflect his overall skill? I didn't think so

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
NYR_32

I've heard that people say you can't rebuild in NY, this thread, and some others I've seen just shows that maybe that is true. People say they would accept watching a team full of rookies, and young second and third year players. Even if they lose a ton of games, they would be fun to watch, right?

But here's the problem. The Rangers already have a number of second year players who have become targets of some of the fanbase for their inconsistant play. Some people are ready to dump Prucha, because he hasn't repeated his goal scoring of last year. The Rangers have a soon to be 25 year old sophmore goaltender, who was a Vezina finalist in his rookie year and is keeping his team in games they shouldn't be winning, yet it's time to bring up Montoya. People need to have patience with these guys.

There are growing pains with young players, your seeing them right now with Henrik. Montoya will have them too when his chance comes, so will Marc Staal, Micheal Sauer, Ryan Callahan, the list goes on. Is Henrik as lights out as he was last year? No. But he is giving his team a chance to win. Henrik is still a YOUNG goalie who should get better with time. He's shown in the past, in the SEL, to be flat out dominant (against NHL players mind you). Other young goalies like Miller, Fleury, Ward etc would also be having problems with this Rangers team in front of them. You cannot pin the past few games on his shoulders, the team needs to go out there and earn it. They haven't been, plain and simple.

NYR_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
In The Flesh

There were your Poti bashers and your Malik bashers, but I never thought there would be Lundqvist bashers.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:26 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I bet Lundqvist starts too.
You'd have to give me long odds to bet against on that one.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:29 PM
dedalus

Quote:
LOL!

Ooooooo, daddy! You're SO masterful!

Spank us again!

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR_32 View Post
I've heard that people say you can't rebuild in NY, this thread, and some others I've seen just shows that maybe that is true. People say they would accept watching a team full of rookies, and young second and third year players. Even if they lose a ton of games, they would be fun to watch, right?

But here's the problem. The Rangers already have a number of second year players who have become targets of some of the fanbase for their inconsistant play. Some people are ready to dump Prucha, because he hasn't repeated his goal scoring of last year. The Rangers have a soon to be 25 year old sophmore goaltender, who was a Vezina finalist in his rookie year and is keeping his team in games they shouldn't be winning, yet it's time to bring up Montoya. People need to have patience with these guys.

There are growing pains with young players, your seeing them right now with Henrik. Montoya will have them too when his chance comes, so will Marc Staal, Micheal Sauer, Ryan Callahan, the list goes on. Is Henrik as lights out as he was last year? No. But he is giving his team a chance to win. Henrik is still a YOUNG goalie who should get better with time. He's shown in the past, in the SEL, to be flat out dominant (against NHL players mind you). Other young goalies like Miller, Fleury, Ward etc would also be having problems with this Rangers team in front of them. You cannot pin the past few games on his shoulders, the team needs to go out there and earn it. They haven't been, plain and simple.
Funny you mention Ward and Miller. Ward struggled mightily at the start of the season when he had a below average defense in front of him. Miller visibly sagged as the Sabres were bitten by the injury bug.

Lundqvist is doing the best he can considering the team in front of him. A mishmash, patchwork of spare parts which still has yet to fully gel, and who are soft as warm butter.

Even better is Fleury. A lot of people were jumping all over the "bust" bandwagon last season as the Penguins flopped spectacularly. Unless I'm blind and deaf, I haven't heard barely any of that talk this season...wonder why?

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:38 PM
Sather Hater

Quote:
I have been complaining since the first week of the season and now I dare and I said DARE anyone to question my judgment on Hanks dropping down to his knees. Hank played the entire game vs the Bluejackets on his knees. He was beat with 2 40 foot wrist shots high to the glove side and Was beat at least 3 other times and got lucky.
Benoit Allaire was sitting dead in front of me and I was all over Hank tonight I mean I took 62 games of frustration out on Hank and Benoit Allaire finally turned around and looked at me and shook his head after the 3rd goal. He normally waits to the end of the period to leave and walk down the stairs he even left early. The guy is either tired or just not a big game goalie. Don't throw stats st me i know he had a 908 save % I don't care he doesn't win must games and he sucks vs team he should beat. 2--0 lead wasted again.

"Lundqvist is no Richter" & "30 is not 35" what are you 9 years old?? I hate to break the news to you, but you do realize even though some people still have this notion that Lundqvist is having a "bad" season because of his numbers back in October, his numbers right now are basically indentical to Richter's best season ever in the NHL. Richter never put up numbers anywhere close to Lundqvist's last year. You realize in 14 seasons Richter only had 30+ wins twice?? Lundqvist can hit the 30 win mark twice in his first two seasons in the NHL.

I love that "Don't throw stats at me". Who cares that he has been the best goalie in the NHL for the last 2+ months, because he let up a whopping 3 goals tonight. Some people are unbelievable. "He must not be a big game goalie", I guess the Gold Medal game in the Olympics isn't a big game.

If you take away the first ten games of the season where the defense was a complete disaster, Lundqvist's numbers would easily be in the top 5. He really has been the only bright spot in this disappointing season.

Last edited by Sather Hater: 02-24-2007 at 11:49 PM.
Sather Hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:51 PM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Well, atleast we can spell his name. (Anyone who went to the game sunday will understand that joke, sorry for the ones who didnt.)

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:23 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Maybe if we scored more than 2 goals a game and actually took a shot on the PP we wouldn't have this problem. If it wasn't for Lundqvist we'd be in last place.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:23 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Well, atleast we can spell his name. (Anyone who went to the game sunday will understand that joke, sorry for the ones who didnt.)
OoOOoo What happened?? Do tell!

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:44 AM
in the hall

Quote:
I have been complaining since the first week of the season and now I dare and I said DARE anyone to question my judgment on Hanks dropping down to his knees. Hank played the entire game vs the Bluejackets on his knees. He was beat with 2 40 foot wrist shots high to the glove side and Was beat at least 3 other times and got lucky.
Benoit Allaire was sitting dead in front of me and I was all over Hank tonight I mean I took 62 games of frustration out on Hank and Benoit Allaire finally turned around and looked at me and shook his head after the 3rd goal. He normally waits to the end of the period to leave and walk down the stairs he even left early. The guy is either tired or just not a big game goalie. Don't throw stats st me i know he had a 908 save % I don't care he doesn't win must games and he sucks vs team he should beat. 2--0 lead wasted again.
ridiculous

the guy has been incredible for the entire second half.. people are so quick to forget how poor our defense is, which in a lot of ways hurts henrik as the start of the season where he was struggling, it was made even worse by the fact the defense continually left him on his own.. and now where he is playing out of this world, he still has to play on top of his head to have the games he's been having

sure he's let in a few softies in this time but goodness this team should be scoring more than a goal or two a game.. i think its foolish to bash this guy when he is probably our most reliable player

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:48 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
OoOOoo What happened?? Do tell!
Haha, nothing. It was kids day and they asked a bunch of 2-5 year olds if they could spell Lundqvist. They went 0-4. Henrik Lunckcrist is our number one goalie.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:56 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
Haha, nothing. It was kids day and they asked a bunch of 2-5 year olds if they could spell Lundqvist. They went 0-4. Henrik Lunckcrist is our number one goalie.
hahaha

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:06 AM
JRGNYR

Anybody who watched the game tonight and thought Lundqvist was at fault... I'm sorry, you need to go to a proctologist to have your head removed from your posterior.

JRGNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:49 AM
WheresBarnaby

Wow this place has gotten ugly quick. We're all pissed, and we all need to take a step back. I think overall this team is headed in the right direction. This year's not going to be the year, so enjoy what hockey we have left.

As others have mentioned let's build around Lundqvist. He'll be here long after Jagr, and as NJ has shown consistancy starts with solid goaltending, and we have that for years to come. ATLANTARANGER is absolutely correct in regards to how this team needs to play. Collapse in front of Hank, and crash the oppositions net. That's how you win plain and simple. We need to block shots and attack in waves, then get back. Get dirty in front, (think Avery and Prucha) stop all the show boating overpassing crap, and get two points, especially on home ice.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:51 AM
DontStaal

today was a typical 2nd pd meltdown. I didnt see Lundqvist blow the game. He got beat on two pretty sweet shots.

Boy, I just wish we had some big, physical Dmen to give the guy a break

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:04 AM
Harry Vee

Since i had a ton of stuff to do i couldn't see the game or the goals he let in, but still, i don't see how the loss can be blamed on him..how do you blow a 2-0 lead against the blue jackets....in the past 2 months, henry has stood on his head. hes no broduer who can single handedly win a game, but still hes a solid goalie..if his goals were that bad than sorry and disregauard my post but i doubt they were soft goals...

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:18 AM
WheresBarnaby

Richter Vs Lundqvist

Richter was great, but if anyone thinks he never let up a bad goal, your living in a fantasy world. Those of us who lived through the "wonder years" know otherwise. Was he clutch? You bet, It's easy to look through rose colored glasses when we think back, but a brief comparison on stats shows that Henrik actually has the better numbers. Some of the goals Mike let up where pretty bad. He also made some ridiculous saves, just like #30. Get used to it, Hank's not going anywhere.

_____________________ G __W __L _GAA
TOTAL 14 NHL SEASONS 666 301 258 2.89 MIKE

TOTAL 2 NHL SEASONS 103 55 31 2.40 HANK

But what about 94' right? 68 42 12 2.57 MIKE

Hank still has the better GAA, It's the team's play in front that's the difference.

WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:15 AM
kovalev27hf

are you guys kidding me? those were two absolute snipes. one was point blank because rachunek got beat like a two year old.THE ONLY THING WE HAVE RIGHT in this organization right now is the goaltending. how dare you put this game on lundqvist when these losers came out and couldn't hold a lead against columbus. they disgust me.

kovalev27hf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:30 AM
bathgate

I've been very critical of this team and yelled all season to trade the czech gang. However, watching this team for forty years, Henke has as much potential as Richter. I remember Richter letting in a goal from the redline in the playoffs against the Pens and Mario. It turned the series and the Pens won the Cup. No one said get rid of Richter. Bad goal but we knew he could help us win the Cup. Lundqvist is a franchise goalie. He and Tyutin are the only untouchables on the team. It would be a huge mistake to fool with Lundqvist

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:37 AM
Stoney La Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnolimit View Post
..how do you blow a 2-0 lead against the blue jackets....
There's the question everyone should be asking. I am in no way laying any of the blame on Lundqvist for last night, but, man, he must be pretty mentally drained from trying to keep the Rangers alive in games they keep practically giving away to the other teams. Lundqvist is not the problem here.

Stoney La Rock is offline   Reply With Quote