HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Shakeup: What would you do?

Old
02-24-2007, 08:29 PM
26KOCUR26*

vCash: 500

these two clowns assembled this PragueParade and now are getting it stuck down their moufs...
They actually thought Rachunek was our answer on the point - how this guy is in the NHL , is only a possibility at Club MSG - Renney just keep playing him over an over an over....
They waited far too long to make the two deals -AND THEY NEVER GOT OUR CENTER..
Not to mention Zach Pareise is a horrid reminder of how bad Hugh Jessiman is -a Maloney special.

Time for Dolan to sweep these clowns out and bring in Messier or whomever.

We are a joke - I hope the Isles make it, I really do, so it looks even worse that a backup Keeper out GM'd the Cigar...Brendan Witt HAD to ba a Ranger and we never ever even looked at him.

We're the softest team in Sports ...

26KOCUR26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:34 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
The chance of Maloney and Sather getting fired is probably negative infinity percent.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:41 PM
AXN

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26KOCUR26 View Post
these two clowns assembled this PragueParade and now are getting it stuck down their moufs...
They actually thought Rachunek was our answer on the point - how this guy is in the NHL , is only a possibility at Club MSG - Renney just keep playing him over an over an over....
They waited far too long to make the two deals -AND THEY NEVER GOT OUR CENTER..
Not to mention Zach Pareise is a horrid reminder of how bad Hugh Jessiman is -a Maloney special.

Time for Dolan to sweep these clowns out and bring in Messier or whomever.

We are a joke - I hope the Isles make it, I really do, so it looks even worse that a backup Keeper out GM'd the Cigar...Brendan Witt HAD to ba a Ranger and we never ever even looked at him.

We're the softest team in Sports ...

I think Renney deserves to be with them. Nobody told him to play Betts on the second line. Hall did not do well with him and got into the dog house and got traded. Dawes could still be in the NHL if he played with Cullen and not Betts. It's not all the GM's fault. Jessiman also got hurt and was out for the whole year. Not signing Sykora was really bad. They did sign Cullen who did not produce like the second line center should. Straka became the number one center when they wouldn't even listen to playing him there before. Kasparaitis lost his job and no replacement really found.
Did they really think they can win with Pock, Rachuneck and Ozolinsh? Poti is going to the playoffs and the Rangers are not. That's vindication for you.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:43 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Now that you've spoken, who are the replacement? offer up a real solution in terms of management personnel.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-25-2007 at 09:10 AM.
ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

I dont have a problem with Sather or Maloney. But Renney needs to be gone. Give me Schoenfeld any day of the week.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:49 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I dont have a problem with Sather or Maloney. But Renney needs to be gone. Give me Schoenfeld any day of the week.
I dont think Schoenfeld would coach this team. If hes so determined to do it, why hasnt he opened his mouth yet?

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:51 PM
natureboy*

I thought i'd never agree with barry melrose but he said it best the other day, seven years is long enough for this pitiful regime

natureboy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 08:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
I dont think Schoenfeld would coach this team. If hes so determined to do it, why hasnt he opened his mouth yet?
He's not determined, as a matter of fact, im almost 99.99% sure he turned down the job around the time Renney got it. But that doesnt change the fact that i love the way the pack play, and that credit needs to go to their coach. the system they play with is almost completely the opposite of what we play here. They go north south and attack the net. We play...lets be real here, we play like crap with almost no sustained attack. The pack play gritty, we play soft, etc. Perhaps that has to do with the players he is coaching, and their youth and exuberance, but the fact remains that the Rangers are one of the worst coached teams in the league. Renney would be an ideal assistant coach, but hes a terrible head coach.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:35 PM
dynamoovechkin

OK guys, we are in a playoff dogfight and we lose 2 at home to 2 of the worst teams in the league.

I see there has been a lot of admiration on the board for the way NJ runs their franchise, and rightfully so. (Still hate 'em tho). I wonder- if Lamoriello was running NYR, what would he do right now?

Anyway, we are in dire need of a shakeup, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what we should do next. Bench a star? Bring up a kid? Major gutting of the roster? Fire Renney? Maybe Dolan fires Sather? (Never mind- he is too in love with Isaiah and the Knicks to be paying any attention).

We still are in the hunt, but IMO, something serious needs to be done, and done quick!! Opinions, ideas?

HELP!!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Onion Boy

I have wrestled with this too. There is no one player are even a small group of players you can point to and say "our problems will be solved if we can just get rid of player X". When it gets to that point you need to start looking at the coaching staff, but then the question is who do you bring in.

A roster shakeup would be nice, but I don't think we have anyone in Hartford who could make a real difference at this point. I think our biggest problem is the defense. We have a ton of puck-moving D, but almost no stay-at-home guys or guys with big point shots. I also don't feel like we have enough of a veteran presence on the back end. I love Ward, but he isn't the anchor we need.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Trade Jagr and Nylander. Bench Malik and Rossie

Bring up Montoya to push Hankie and Baranka,Callahan and Weller to get their feet wet. maybe a couple extra number 1's come our way and a few prospects?

Jagr to the ducks for a 2nd and Bobby Ryan, RW

Nylander to Buffalo for a 2nd and : Michael Funk

Hell I can dream can't I?

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:44 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Nylander, Weekes, Rachunek, Ward, Malik. The D has to be revamped. Montoya will be here next year. I would actually move Cullen if there was someone willing to pay a good price, same with Betts. I would have talked to Shanny before he was hurt and see if he wants to go to a cup contender.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:46 PM
dynamoovechkin

Yeah, you're so right. Our only Defenseman who can help in transition is Malik with his good first pass, but he has been so off at times this year, and his lack of footspeed...well, don't get me started on the guy.

I'm sure you have noticed our problem scoring lately, and that starts with the D. But still, with time-a-wastin, we need to make some drastic moves NOW to wake this team up before that slow descent into hell we experienced for 7 bloody years in a row!!

Somebody please DO something!!

dynamoovechkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Get a god damn new gm. If this team misses the playoffs i'm gonna be pissed. Not because they don't make it, but because we get another mid pick for yet another non playoff season. The Flyers just got Braydon Coburn tonight for Alexei Zhitnik. ALEXEI ZHITNIK! We didn't get anything close for better players when the Rangers went throught this. I dont even know who thier GM is but he is making Sather look like a washed up tool. The Flyers and the Pens are gonna own this division in two years time with the amount of young talent.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Sell, sell, sell.

I said a few games back that we MUST sell now if we lost this game. It's a MUST.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
Time to be a Lion again Slats, deal ****ing Jagr. Time to start from scratch.

RangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Firefly

Send a message via AIM to Firefly Send a message via Skype™ to Firefly
Try desperately to get someone to take Ward and/or Rachunek from us.

Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:12 PM
In The Flesh

not a playoff win in what 10 yrs?? i think im counting this year. time to go!!!!!

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:14 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
Try desperately to get someone to take Ward and/or Rachunek from us.
I like Ward, yea he's made a few to many glaring mistakes, but he's tough, he hits, and is a playoff player, if we ever get there.

But if we can get something good in return I'd trade him, rachunek won't fetch us much at all.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
What is your option? Other than criticizing. Tell us who the savior is.
LOL. Moot question as you well know. If my option held sway Glen Sather would not be the current GM. So you see, I've already answered your question - at least with regard to hockey. I also don't believe in saviors. You may very well, but please don't foist your beliefs on me through the language of your posts.

Last edited by SingnBluesOnBroadway: 02-25-2007 at 09:13 AM.
dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:42 PM
NYROrtsFan

Ugh on the politics crap... I'm sure there is a place for that...

As far as hockey and the Rangers go, I think the only thing left to do would be to fire Renney. But because that would put Sather/Maloney in a position to hire another coach and go into next year, just go as it is and fire the whole group after the season..

I think even Dolan has to reach a point between his two teams that vast changes need to be made.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:46 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
LOL. Moot question as you well know. If my option held sway Glen Sather would not be the current GM. So you see, I've already answered your question - at least with regard to hockey. If it's Iraq you're discussing I'll invite you again to the Politics board. GOPers/conservatives have been crawling under their various rocks as the fortunes of war have turned against them, Bush has been increasingly humiliated, and the Elephants got pummeled in the last election, so your minority views will certainly be welcome.

I also don't believe in saviors. You may very well, but please don't foist your beliefs on me through the language of your posts.
Once again you offer nothing of value except to criticize. That is the easiest thing in the world to do, and in typical fashion you cop out saying you have no sway. None of us do. But one could offer up a rational discussion containing something that may have merit.

I'm not trying to foist any beliefs on you, mine or anyone else's. This is a free country and people can believe as they choose. You however seem to always be very paranoid about that particualr subject and I can't fanthom why you always feel like that.

Old
02-24-2007, 10:47 PM
BigNastyDawg

The only way to shake this team up and possibly turn things around for next season is to trade Jagr.

Just watching our PP tonight was sickening, and Jagr and the rest of the euros on the PP get all the blame placed on their weak little shoulders.

I can't blame Renney anymore because hes talked about them shooting more on the PP and stop all the damn skating in circles passing back and forth for the full 2mins.

Jagr believes this type of hockey will work and we have a bunch of euros that listen to Jagr, so time to get rid of him and put this team back into the coaches hand.

Renney obviously wont bench Jagr to let him know hes not in charge of the team, so the only other option is to let him know we're shopping him and ask him for a list of teams he'd accept a trade to.

While we're at it move Nylander, Roszival, Malik and Rachunek.

I have no problem with Straka(Would move him though), Prucha, Tyutin or alot of the other euros like Hossa or even new guys like Dupuis since they play fast and hard.

But players like Jagr and Nylander have to much influence on this team and its not the good type.

We have a chance to finally get some top line prospects if we move these two.So now that its becoming pretty clear we dont have the right team to make the playoffs, just cut our losses and get Jagr and his buddies out of New York.

First Trade i make...

New York
Nylander, Rachunek & 4th Rounder

Atlanta
Alex Bourret, Boris Valabik & 3rd Rounder

Last edited by BigNastyDawg: 02-24-2007 at 10:59 PM.
BigNastyDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
26KOCUR26*

I would seriously consider bringing Neil Smith back.

26KOCUR26* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:49 PM
fob

I figure you either steal some scouts from the Devils or tank at some really, really appropriate times.

fob is offline   Reply With Quote