HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blue Jackets @ NYR GDT 2/24/07 7:00 PM ET (MSG)

Old
02-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Anthony Mauro
DraftBuzz Hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
It's not like we have all-star defenders on the blue line or is he preventing prospects from playing. Prospects could easily fill other spots like Malik's. I rather have Girardi play over malik.
Absolutely. But to (1) see the guy put on definate no trade lists here and (2) see him put on the top pairing with Toots, is ridiculous.

I don't mind him as a number six defenseman, but just mentioning he's showing some alarming traits.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:10 PM
PhlipDowt

what a effen disgrace this team is. i'm not wasting any more time watching this crap...last weekend philly...now this effort.

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:11 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Absolutely. But to (1) see the guy put on definate no trade lists here and (2) see him put on the top pairing with Toots, is ridiculous.

I don't mind him as a number six defenseman, but just mentioning he's showing some alarming traits.
I don't think anyone is EVER put on the no trade list. You have to ALWAYS hear what people have to say, even if it's guys like Jagr and Lundqvist. Yes I said it, even Lundqvist. Obviously we'd only be trading guys like Lundqvist unless if we got blown away with an offer. Which probably won't happen but you can never close the door.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:21 PM
PhlipDowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
I know you guys have been getting on the fans, but what do they have to cheer? Honestly after the 1st few minutes of the game what was there to cheer for tonight other then the final buzzer. Im going on tuesday and Im going to boo when they come out. Ill put as much effort into being loud and obnoxious as the effort they show on the ice. I wouldnt be suprised if our little sellout streak comes to an end soon.
i agree, they need to be boo'd for 60 full minutes

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:23 PM
ap215

The Cablevision/Sather curse continues and it just keeps on getting worse and worse.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Freaking Hartford shows more heart than the Rangers
Thats because they are young and hungry still. They consistently are playing full 60 minute hockey games.

A few kids need to be injected into the lineup next season and get decent minutes. Watching the team now is like watch the Rangers pre-lockout.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:30 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post

We have three stiffs in Malik, Roszival, and Ward making over 2 million a season and a thrid in kaspar making over 3 million in hartford. We have Girardi making well under a million and he's one of the steadiest guys we have. He's by no means untouchable, but value wise he's one of our best defensemen.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Speedtrials

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Thats because they are young and hungry still. They consistently are playing full 60 minute hockey games.

A few kids need to be injected into the lineup next season and get decent minutes. Watching the team now is like watch the Rangers pre-lockout.
Exactly.

Speedtrials is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:36 PM
NYROrtsFan

I dont think it is exactly like pre lockout... I dont think that bunch tried at all.

I think this group works, but is amazingly cursed. Throw in a few players who are just playing poorly and you have what we are watching.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Has it ever been discovered as to why Ward didnt play? I'm 99% sure they could have used him out there tonight. So whats the deal?

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:00 PM
NYROrtsFan

From Weinman's last comments, I think it has something to do with him opening up his mouth or doing something not in the best interests of the team rather than any trade...

Just going by Renney's comments. Sounds like he was benched for discipline stuff..

Old
02-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
From Weinman's last comments, I think it has something to do with him opening up his mouth or doing something not in the best interests of the team rather than any trade...

Just going by Renney's comments. Sounds like he was benched for discipline stuff..
Intresting, I can think of a few guy's who should also be sat for "disiplinary" reasons lol. If it was indeed a situation where he yelled at Jagr or somthing like that, then i'm sorry but that is a very High Schoolish move. If the guy cares enough to say something when he isnt happy with the teams direction he should be able to say it, not be "disiplined" when he expresses dissatisfaction with the team's play.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
NYROrtsFan

As you also probably saw on TV, Renney wanted to sit Aaron Ward tonight because he’s sometimes too energetic. I don’t know what that means either, but this is what Renney had to say:

““I wanted him to watch one and maybe even be upset enough to come back out and play the type of game I know he can play,” Renney said. “I wanted Aaron Ward here and I still do. I think he can really help us under these circumstances.”

I don’t think many of you agree.

Anyway, I saw Ward in the hallway after the game, still dressed in his suit and wool trench coat, and asked him about how Renney said he needed to sit out a game and think about it.

He chose not to comment.

““I have no comment,” Ward said. “I can’t really say anything that would help the situation, so I have no comment.”

Does this mean there’s more to it? I’m not sure, but I would not be stunned. Would you?

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Gotta make you wonder if this team is in the best hands when the guy who won a cup last year is catching crap... I know Ward has played poorly lately, but each of those games he's played poorly in he's been paired with Rachunek.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:09 PM
Pizza

Oh well time to start oiling up my baseball glove.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
Block More Shots

Went to the game tonight...pretty bad stuff. 42 shots, only 2 goals. From what I saw, from the 4 minute mark in the 1st period and on, the Rangers packed it in. Very lazy out there...no energy whatsoever. It also didn't help that they couldn't finish.

It just seems like the Rangers aren't meant to make the playoffs. They've been hitting pucks into their own net, giving up shorthanded goals, and just losing leads too easily to be a playoff team. Just horrible ways to lose games and are cracking under the pressure.

I supported them even when they struggled a couple weeks ago but this is it...this was a must-win game. A very bad Columbus team beat us and about 3 or 4 teams gained points on us. What are we, 8 points out now?

A miracle needs to occur in order for us to make the playoffs.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:45 PM
True Blue

Aside from the cast of characters and more effort, how much different is this really thn 2004?

The funny thing is that I thought that I also heard Renney say that Ward was sitting becuase of some mistakes in his game. Wonder if Rachunek or Malik will get the same treatment?

Same problems as always. Defenese too mediocre and the team is soft. Cullen has shown more from the point then perhaps any other person that Renney has trotted out there. Is it just me or does it seem that with Shanny's injury, the things that worked so well on the PP have been largely abandoned? The Hoosier system seems to be back.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:46 PM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

why not trade Lundqvist for a big return. I mean, you have Montoya anyway right? couldn't he just step right in next season and start??

HellasLEAF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
why not trade Lundqvist for a big return. I mean, you have Montoya anyway right? couldn't he just step right in next season and start??
Don't know where to start other than saying, not a chance.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:49 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
I wouldn't trade Lundqvist for anyone. He is the future of this team.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Block More Shots

Quote:
Lundqvist is the face of the franchise...people can say Jagr is but Lundqvist is easily the most popular player on the Rangers. The Rangers organization would catch a lot of heat for dealing their most popular player and arguably their best player for a package of picks/youth. He gives us a chance to win every game, no way I'm dealing him.

I think Monty will be good but we should deal him at some point.

Block More Shots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Balej20*

So uhh, I just got in guys. How'd the good guys do tonight!? From the looks of how happy everyone is, looks like they won!

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:21 AM
RothmanHockey

Send a message via AIM to RothmanHockey
Crap.

That's all I can say. QU loses out on a first round bye... they needed 1 point this weekend, couldn't get it, and the Rangers just screwed themselves for the season.

Keep cheering for the team... but this season seems lost, at this point.

RothmanHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Casmatt

Ugly, ugly, ugly. This team just continues to disappoint time and time again.

Hope is just about gone now and it's only February. There's always that little part of you that keeps up hope, but that part of me gets smaller and smaller every game.

Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:54 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Best part of the game when they aired the Shanahan interview in the 2nd intermission:

Shanahan: "The funny thing is I woke up when the fans started chanting my name, but unfortunally I thought they were chanting my name because I scored a goal..(haha)"

Shanny is the man. I really have no doubt he will resign with us when the season is over.

Old
02-25-2007, 01:17 AM
HellasLEAF
Komarov has cometh..

you can relax guys, I am a huge HUGE Lundqvist fan. He is an incredible young goalie and you should count yourselves lucky to have him.

I was just testing you, trying to guage the feeling of Montoya coming in next season or Hank continuing to be the guy.

HellasLEAF is online now   Reply With Quote