HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jessiman looks like a different player.

Old
02-24-2007, 09:49 PM
NickNYR

vCash: 500
Jessiman looks like a different player.

At least tonight...

Hi All,

Just got back from tonights wolfpack game. The biggest stand outs tonight? Korpikoski and yep I didn't think I'd be saying this one but... Hugh Jessiman.

Jessiman came out, Skating - Hitting - Battling and Shooting...MOST IMPORTANTLY CONFIDENCE!!. He scored a big goal in the second period and had a tremendous effort. Even dropped the gloves to stand up for himself. There was a huge buzz at least in the section I was sitting in about just how well he played tonight. He did take a couple penalties late in the 2nd and noticed a decrease in his ice time after that. Not sure if they were trying to send him a message or he was exhausted.

One insight some may have not noticed about Jessiman. He started off the Season skating in a pair of Easton 1500C's. I noticed instantly after watching him skate that his ankles were bending in WAY to much. He did not have proper leg alignment while he was skating and it was really killing his skating ability.

Tonight he skated in a Bauer Vapor 30. The first thing I noticed, No ankles bending.. proper leg alignment. Looks like some was able to help him get some of his skating back by putting him in the right skates. Night and day difference between the skating Jessiman displayed at the start of the season vs. tonight.

Korpikoski is finding himself, He's standing out and being the leader on his line. I think that's something the coaching staff has been looking for from him. He scored a on a wicked shot from a few steps in from the blue line, He could not have placed the puck any better It was a WOW goal for sure. It reminded me of Steve Yzerman's goal against the blues in the playoffs some years back.

Montoya looks very sharp, Didn't get to see much of him after mid second period as he got in a fight with the other goalie. It was a very nasty game.

Wolfpack won it 5-1

Last edited by NickNYR: 02-24-2007 at 09:58 PM.
NickNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Good to hear. Now he has to do this on a consistent basis.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:52 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
http://stats.theahl.com/stats/game-s...ame_id=1002997

Why cant the Rangers play like this. I wish we had this type of team in New York. Hopefully soon we will.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 09:58 PM
RangersFan

Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
i hope MSG starts broadcasting some games, god knows I'd rather watch the Pack than the Rangers.

RangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Pizza

Nasty indeed. Guess Norfolk did'nt take too well to getting their a$$es handed to them. Good to hear about Jessiman. Hopefully we keep hearing it.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:03 PM
In The Flesh

Jessiman, keep it up. If miracles really do come true, he'll a full time NHLer.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:25 PM
HenrikO'doyle

I wanna see a video of the fight, I wish we had that kind of heart, we could if we use the youth.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Balej20*

I love how the Wolfpack always seem to put up atleast 40 shots a game, and completely out shoot their opponents by around 15 a game. Complete opposite from the team in NY right now.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
i hope MSG starts broadcasting some games, god knows I'd rather watch the Pack than the Rangers.
you and me both bro.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:31 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersFan View Post
MSG would sooner broadcast woman's high school basketball. Oh wait...they already do that.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:35 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
MSG would sooner broadcast woman's high school basketball. Oh wait...they already do that.
+1 vote for best avatar ever.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:38 PM
bmoak

Quote:
I love how the Wolfpack always seem to put up atleast 40 shots a game, and completely out shoot their opponents by around 15 a game. Complete opposite from the team in NY right now.
Scratching my head here because the Rangers had 40+ shots tonight and outshot the BlueJackets by a large margin, which is somewhat scary considering how many times the Rangers missed the net. I'm pretty sure the Rangers outshot the Devils by a significant margin both games as well.The shooting-a-lot-and-scoring as WolfPack trait is pretty recent, too. Despite their dominant play of late, the Pack have the 6th worst offense in the AHL (up from 2nd worst 2 weeks ago).

Feel free to criticize the Rangers, as they certainly deserve it, but not for that.

bmoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:40 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post
Scratching my head here because the Rangers had 40+ shots tonight and outshot the BlueJackets by a large margin, which is somewhat scary considering how many times the Rangers missed the net. I'm pretty sure the Rangers outshot the Devils by a significant margin both games as well.The shooting-a-lot-and-scoring as WolfPack trait is pretty recent, too. Despite their dominant play of late, the Pack have the 6th worst offense in the AHL (up from 2nd worst 2 weeks ago).

Feel free to criticize the Rangers, as they certainly deserve it, but not for that.
theres a major difference from unscreened shots from 30 feet away and a 30 foot shot with 2 men in front banging away at rebounds.

Rangers only got quality shots in the first 10 minutes of the first, then few and far between. they only went to the net late in the game, and thats whats killed us.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:42 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoak View Post

Nah, lately the Wolfpack have been peppering the net with shots. Every game it seems they are near or over 40 shots. We all know the Rangers reluctance to shoot. it must be refreshing to watch a team like the Wolfpack fire away at the opposition.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:44 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Ah, I love living five minutes from Hartford. Looks like 10 years in a row of Wolfpack playoff hockey!

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2007, 11:46 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Ah, I love living five minutes from Hartford. Looks like 10 years in a row of Wolfpack playoff hockey!
So weird how this team could be so good, and th Rangers could be so bad. Maybe the parent team should start drawing from the minor team a bit more.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
Not to be a damper on you, but I sincerely hope the team is moved to New York. It would be so much better for the organization.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:50 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Not to be a damper on you, but I sincerely hope the team is moved to New York. It would be so much better for the organization.
I would get season tickets.

Old
02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Quote:
I would get season tickets.
Same.

This move needs to be done. It's not only good for the team, as I think it would do fantastic in NYC, but good for the Rangers organization and it's minor league players as a call-up would be a 20 minute cab ride away, possibly.

Old
02-25-2007, 12:19 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
PROMOTE HIM PROMOTE HIM!!!! Haha just kidding.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
PROMOTE HIM PROMOTE HIM!!!! Haha just kidding.
Or are you? Hmmm. haha just kidding.

Old
02-25-2007, 12:41 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Prescription View Post
Same.

This move needs to be done. It's not only good for the team, as I think it would do fantastic in NYC, but good for the Rangers organization and it's minor league players as a call-up would be a 20 minute cab ride away, possibly.
great so they waste 20 mins to play just 5 mins in a game, the prospects would look forward for that I would go to some Pack games.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:14 AM
Harry Vee

I'm too drunk an lazy to read all the posts, but i saw someone saidd montoya got in a fight...was it similiar to the Ray Emery show 2 nights ago?

Harry Vee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:29 AM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by hvnolimit View Post
I'm too drunk an lazy to read all the posts, but i saw someone saidd montoya got in a fight...was it similiar to the Ray Emery show 2 nights ago?
He did get in a fight...not as bad as the Ray Emery show though...apparently he lost too, but whatever. Jessiman got in a fight and won.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:43 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
He did get in a fight...not as bad as the Ray Emery show though...apparently he lost too, but whatever. Jessiman got in a fight and won.
Man, don't mean to get OT but Emery is the man! Takes on both Biron and Peters. WITH a big !#$^% smile!!! Alas, the head bonk takes Drury off my UFA list. On topic: Glad to hear Jessiman is making the necessary steps. Glad to hear he addressed an apparently skate problem. Maybe he'll make for yet another good energy 3rd liner one day. God knows we could never have enough of those. Maybe he'll step up and have a Ryan Callahan season next year! i can dream. Jake Taylor +3. How was he? He is one of our forgotten prospects as he was in the ECHL for some time following some injuries.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote