HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Milroy back in Hamilton (SRC)

Old
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
DicAnns

vCash: 500
Milroy back in Hamilton (SRC)

Sorry, couldn't find a link for this... but they just announced on Radio-Canada's Telejournal that Duncan Milroy was sent back to the Bulldogs.

Not much of a surprise... Lats should be back in the lineup Monday to face the Leafs.

Does anyone know for sure if Milroy has to go through waivers?
It was debated in another thread this week, but there didn't seem to be a definite answer.

EDIT: now confirmed by RDS.ca (many thanks to Lucius for the link!)
http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/224102.html

Last edited by DicAnns: 02-25-2007 at 12:02 PM.
DicAnns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:39 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Good, hopefully it means Rivet is back in the lineup too and that Cube sits.

As for Milroy, he showed he could play. I think he'll be in the mix for the 4th line in training camp next year... he has earned the right to be re-signed in the offseason, that much was probably clear enough just from his AHL season thus far, but he probably sealed the envelope on his offer by keeping up in this recent cameo with the big team.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:41 AM
Dripper

I'm pretty sure he has to go through waivers although I don't think anyone will grab him

Dripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
Lucius

No mention of waivers.

I don't think he does, although, I am honestly basing this solely on the fact that he didn't need to in Eastside Hockey Manager

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:45 AM
La Grosse Tendresse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
As for Milroy, he showed he could play.
???

I'm not against resigning him, but he didn't really show anything during his stint, neither good or bad. He was just there, not creating offense but not getting necessarily beaten defensively. He showed absolutely nothing.

La Grosse Tendresse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Le depisteur

I also heard this on SRC radio broadcast... but i don't found an other source...

Le depisteur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:48 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucius View Post

No mention of waivers.

I don't think he does, although, I am honestly basing this solely on the fact that he didn't need to in Eastside Hockey Manager
He was most likely an injury recall, even if it wasn't mentioned in any of the articles at the time, so he probably gets to skip waivers.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by WEEB View Post
???

I'm not against resigning him, but he didn't really show anything during his stint, neither good or bad. He was just there, not creating offense but not getting necessarily beaten defensively. He showed absolutely nothing.
For a grinder, that's not really a bad thing.

With Kostitsyn and Grobovsky, you expect offense as that's what they exist for. Milroy is a projected 3rd/4th liner grinder. An assists and some solid games (that line created a shocking amount of chances, although I would give most the credit to Lapierre) is not a bad showing.

Old
02-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Freaky Habs Fan

Quote:
???

I have to agree with you...he's was alright out there, but he's not really what we need.

I hope Kost will stay for a while because he should be a part of our future and we have to start building a winning team now. He will gain some valuable experience!

We will have to see what will happen when Begin and Kovalev will come back but I expect a trade to make some room pretty soon. Who will it be? That's the question...

IMO, we have to trade a defenceman because Streit is just too good right now. Murray and Downie can be waived, they are pretty much useless...

Freaky Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:07 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He was most likely an injury recall, even if it wasn't mentioned in any of the articles at the time, so he probably gets to skip waivers.
He definitively should have pass throught waiver because he is on his 4th pro season, so I think you're right with the injury recall/no waiver

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:09 PM
Lucius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Habs Fan View Post
I have to agree with you...he's was alright out there, but he's not really what we need.

I hope Kost will stay for a while because he should be a part of our future and we have to start building a winning team now. He will gain some valuable experience!

We will have to see what will happen when Begin and Kovalev will come back but I expect a trade to make some room pretty soon. Who will it be? That's the question...

IMO, we have to trade a defenceman because Streit is just too good right now. Murray and Downie can be waived, they are pretty much useless...
Milroy and guys like him are what NHL teams need. You cannot make a full team of scorers.

1) Usually not good in their own end.
2) Usually not physical.
3) Cannot all be on the power player.
4) Most importantly: You cannot afford to pay them all in the cap system.

Teams need fourth liners. Grabovsky and Kostitsyn will either make the NHL in the top six or be busts.

Milroy, Lapierre and co. make the NHL in the bottom six.

Think of Milroy like Larose in Carolina. Not the greatest set of skills, but eats some ice time without getting you in trouble. That's all anyone needs in a fourth liner.

Sending Milroy down is fine for this year, but if anyone thinks the team is better off with Kostitsyn on the fourth line (watch, it will be what happens with Tender back), you're wrong.

I'm not sold on him in general, but he cannot really help his own cause on the 4th line.

We proved with - about to get things thrown at me - Ribeiro that you need to give offensive guys the rope to hang themsleves with on the top two lines to find out what they're made of. Ribeiro's career (AHL time, etc.) is not that far off of Kostitsyn's.

Old
02-25-2007, 12:14 PM
znk

Quote:
???

This is where you get your inexpensive 3-4th line guys....Milroy at 500k gives you breathing room under the cap.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:27 PM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Milroy played admirably. However with Murray playing so well lately and Begin on the shelf and due to return, Milroy is a bit more expendable to go back down to Hamilton.

Meanwhile Kostitsyn should've made the team out of camp if it wasn't for Latendresse and this team needs offence, so it is clear we need to keep Kostitsyn up, give him ice time and confidence and watch him blossom.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 12:51 PM
LamborGREENie

While there was speculation yesterday that Gainey wanted to make another "Balej-for-Kovalev" deal and that Milroy was up to be shown to the other GMs (and, therefore to serve the "Balej" role in that trade), sending him down might mean that his chances of being dealt are slim.

LamborGREENie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Dark4ng3l

If he has to go through waivers I dont understand how he could not be picked up. If I was Columbus or Philadelphia I would just pick him up. You play him and if it does not work then too bad. There is no way I would pass on a guy who has done decently in his first few NHL games and cant be worse than some of the guys I already have.

Dark4ng3l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:40 PM
roy_133*

Send a message via MSN to roy_133*
milroy, lapierre and latendresse. All 3 of them are useless and should not be on our team

roy_133* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:44 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushfire View Post
milroy, lapierre and latendresse. All 3 of them are useless and should not be on our team
?

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:46 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Who do you reccomend in their place ?

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:47 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
???

same could have been said about McPhee and Skrudland back in the day. Milroy was given a role by Carbonneau and he performed that role very well, IMO.

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Bulldog fan
Timmy Dogs Alum 1999

Quote:

AKA... it's my 17th post and I'm looking to stir up trouble.

Bulldog fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
impudent_lowlife

Quote:
You & Gillett are in cohoots?

impudent_lowlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:50 PM
GaineysRightHandMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyPlayer101 View Post
While there was speculation yesterday that Gainey wanted to make another "Balej-for-Kovalev" deal and that Milroy was up to be shown to the other GMs (and, therefore to serve the "Balej" role in that trade), sending him down might mean that his chances of being dealt are slim.
I thought he was a UFA at the end of the season. If so, he is not much of an assit for a Balej deal. Maybe he is a RFA?

GaineysRightHandMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Habs13

Milroy did well for his first stint in the NHL, I'm happy for the guy and hope he gets concideration for a roster spot for next season.

Habs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:54 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog fan View Post
AKA... it's my 17th post and I'm looking to stir up trouble.
Hi bf, good to see you around. We seem to be calling Milroy a 3rd,4th line grinder type, but I don't see him in that role. Maybe I'm wrong but the guy was a scorer in Jr., is finding his touch in the A, where do we get defensive forward from ? You've seen enough AHL'ers to get how sometimes AHL skills don't necessarily translate to the NHL.

How do you see this guy ? I like him, but don't see a standout skill that makes him a keeper.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Courtnall6

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
?
my thoughts exactly...

Courtnall6 is offline   Reply With Quote