HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Cross Keith Tkachuk off Ranger wishlist...

Old
02-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Who says we give up a 2nd for Zubrus?

Old
02-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
with the prices being paid for these guys I'm really concerned about the thoughts process for Sather and the rest of Management

they can really justify moving a 1st rounder by saying that that is the going rate for adding key pieces for a PO run.

Thie is really concerning
Maybe, maybe not.

For all the crap we've given them, this is the second year they've avoided paying heavy prices.

If they can get through this deadline and not fall into that trap again, they will have at least earned some of my respect.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:49 PM
nyranger61494
YNWA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Who says we give up a 2nd for Zubrus?
Why?

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Yep. But at the same time, very understandable move. Waddell guaranteed the playoffs last year and the team led the division for nearly half of this season. This team really needs to make the playoffs for the fanbase's sake, Waddell probably overpaid a little with that as a factor.
The thing is as a businessman I also have to look at and say that if the team bombs you get the jump for one season and then you lose the fans anyway and now don't have the assets.

You can also justify desperation moves, but at the end of the day they usually turn out to be futile. If you're gonna build something, you've got to build it right and putting off the inevitable and ending up with less doesn't change your fate.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:52 PM
coolbean04

Instead of those two deals, I would've loved 3 1st rounders and the other picks, Coburn, and Borruet for Jagr and Rozsival.

Would you do it?

So they'd be including an extra 1st rounder and Borruet for an upgrade in Jagr over Keith T. and Rozsival over Zhitnik.

Sounds like a reasonable offer to what they gave up.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:54 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge View Post
Maybe, maybe not.

For all the crap we've given them, this is the second year they've avoided paying heavy prices.

If they can get through this deadline and not fall into that trap again, they will have at least earned some of my respect.
I'll admit I'm a little worried right now. Until this past week, I saw no need to sell off pieces. But, after the debacles against two of the worst teams in the league, (on home ice, no less), combined with the gut punches from the home-and-home with Jersey, it would be apparently to everyone save the most foolish that this team is headed in the wrong direction as the playoffs approach. And, seeing what the market has started to bring, Sather is clearly wrong in his opinion that the price for players will go down as the deadline approaches. There is NO justification for overpaying for any player for a team that has not shown with any consistency that it is playoff caliber. And, since the only upward momentum this team has is towards the top of the draft, it would be foolhardy to surrender a draft pick when the opportunity to get a prime young center prospect - Turris, Gagner, Couture, Esposito, Hamill and Sutter are all possiblities - awaits them.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyranger61494 View Post
Why?
Because Renney says we need help on the second PP unit.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
coolbean04

Quote:
Because Renney says we need help on the second PP unit.
Well it's not the players on the PP that's the problem. It's the strategies we implement on the PP that's got problems.

coolbean04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:06 PM
JayMan82

I would be nice if we actually skated around a little bit... When we were scoring bunches of PPGs, no one was stationary except Avery in front of the goalie

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:07 PM
dedalus

Quote:
with the prices being paid for these guys I'm really concerned about the thoughts process for Sather and the rest of Management

they can really justify moving a 1st rounder by saying that that is the going rate for adding key pieces for a PO run.

I'll go with Edge on this one. The Rangers haven't been crazy buyers at the deadline, and last year's team showed more promise at the deadline than this year's. If they'd wanted to sell off major young assets, they would have had far more justification last year.

We'll see but in any case, it's good to see Tkachuk off the board.

dedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

never was on my list. seems like a lot in perspective of older NHL deals but I guess draft picks in a shallow draft aren't so valuable. Top 10 draft picks probably still are. I doubt the Rangers make any BIG moves. They're too much on the playoff fence to make any wise business decisions. It's a total crap shoot. This team is so fragile, who knows what a trade will do. hurt or help.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:03 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
never was on my list. seems like a lot in perspective of older NHL deals but I guess draft picks in a shallow draft aren't so valuable. Top 10 draft picks probably still are. I doubt the Rangers make any BIG moves. They're too much on the playoff fence to make any wise business decisions. It's a total crap shoot. This team is so fragile, who knows what a trade will do. hurt or help.
But, most reports I've read say that it's a deep draft, just not star-powered.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:08 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
Thank God Tkachuk Is Unavailable. Thank God!!!

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:18 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
But, most reports I've read say that it's a deep draft, just not star-powered.
Deep in the sense that picks 15/16-60 are really not all that different.

Old
02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbean04 View Post
Well it's not the players on the PP that's the problem. It's the strategies we implement on the PP that's got problems.
Yeah I noticed that in the last game when I kept hearing the big BANG sound behind the CBJ net when all our players couldn't find the damn net on the PP. Yeah but Renney is the problem!

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:52 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Deep in the sense that picks 15/16-60 are really not all that different.
Which could be an argument for acquiring more picks in that range.

Old
02-25-2007, 03:57 PM
Draftman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majoritystorm View Post
Thank God Tkachuk Is Unavailable. Thank God!!!
You're welcome.

Draftman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:04 PM
DarthSather99

Quote:

LOL ...moving a first. I'm thinking about getting a first + for our guys. Do you really think any of these guys can help the Rangers when they couldn't even help St. Louis?

We have to take advantage of these teams that will overpay.

I want to see the Rangers win the Stanley Cup not sacrifice everything present and future for a first round bounce.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:10 PM
broadwayblue

Yeah, I'm hoping someone in the organization understands that the income from 2 home playoff games this year (assuming a miracle) is significantly less than the income that could be had from actually winning a series or two in future seasons. Forget the win now mentality...it hasn't worked for a decade. Time to keep to the long term plan.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:20 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus View Post
Which could be an argument for acquiring more picks in that range.
Of Course! There are quite a few guys in that range who don't necessarily have the most raw, jaw dropping talent but look like they'll be there in the pro's in the end. Tyrell, Petrecki, Moller, Legein, Negrin, MacLean, Ruth, Veilleux, Turnbull are just some of the few who have my vote at this stage in the game.

Old
02-25-2007, 04:25 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Since Atlanta is looking like huge buyers and getting absolutely ripped apart in these deals maybe we can pawn some of our crap off on them for good return. What horrible, horrible deals.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 07:19 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
Since Atlanta is looking like huge buyers and getting absolutely ripped apart in these deals maybe we can pawn some of our crap off on them for good return.
I think that train has left the station.

Old
02-25-2007, 09:29 PM
free0717

Atlanta is desperate to make the Playoffs this year. the Rangers are not as desperate. I just want to stand pat at this point. If for some reason things turn around and we can make a run, great. Otherwise we will just get a better pick. But I am not willing to give up a first, second and third round pick for most of the players on the Market.

The only one that has been rumored to be traded that I would consider that type of package is Nathan Horton.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:38 PM
Richter35

we should absolutely move our vet D i think asap, most especially malik/rachunek. hell with the market the way it is, i bet you can even get a return for kaspar.. looking for dp's or young forward in return (possibly package immo in a deal to land a nice young forward prospect as he's going nowhere here)

Richter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:20 AM
LeftCoastRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjdv16 View Post
that's a blessing in disguise for you guys.... you didn't want him at the expense of youth... be glad atlanta made that panic move....
Whole heartedly agree. I have been so anxious the last couple days fearing the Rangers would make a trade like this. I'd like to see the trade deadline come 'n go with us basically selling selling selling.

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote