HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who do you think took the biggest step back this season?

View Poll Results: Who do you think took the biggest step back this season?
Henrik Lundqvist 6 5.31%
Petr Prucha 29 25.66%
Jaromir Jagr 53 46.90%
Marek Malik 25 22.12%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-24-2007, 03:15 PM
True Blue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyChoice View Post
Prucha, hate to say it because im a fan of his andlove his game, has gone from very good to arguably non factor.
Please explain. He is averaging about one minute less than last year, is scoring the same, if not more at ES than last year, and has spent a good amount of time playing with players who are no better than 4th liners, and has (for most of the season) seen all of his PP time taken away. How has he regressed and how is he a non-factor?

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 02:48 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

I'm gonna go ahead and say Prucha. Jagr has still been able to produce...I felt he just hasn't lived up to his role as captain. Prucha on the other hand went from 1st line to 4th line at some points

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:18 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
I'm gonna go ahead and say Prucha. Jagr has still been able to produce...I felt he just hasn't lived up to his role as captain. Prucha on the other hand went from 1st line to 4th line at some points
Barely played the 1st line last year if at all. He was demoted after scoring in games too, so I don't think there's a correlation to his line assignment and his previous production. If Prucha was given as many chances and as much patience as Hossa Prucha would be right on pace for another 30 goal season. Seriously the only thing that has changed this year is his powerplay time, his even strength scoring is almost the same.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:34 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
If Prucha was given as many chances and as much patience as Hossa Prucha would be right on pace for another 30 goal season. Seriously the only thing that has changed this year is his powerplay time, his even strength scoring is almost the same.
Is it just me, or are the people that keep saying Prucha, refusing to even address the points that we are bringing up? I have yet to see one person actually make an effort to address them. In reality, Prucha is not all that much different than he was last year. Renney's use, or more accurtely misuse, of him is.

Old
02-25-2007, 04:59 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Is it just me, or are the people that keep saying Prucha, refusing to even address the points that we are bringing up? I have yet to see one person actually make an effort to address them. In reality, Prucha is not all that much different than he was last year. Renney's use, or more accurtely misuse, of him is.
If we hadn't signed Shanahan, Prucha would probably have scored thirty goals this year.

This is not a dump on signing Shanahan. If we had a playmaking center for the secoond line it would have been great for both of 'em.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
If we hadn't signed Shanahan, Prucha would probably have scored thirty goals this year.

This is not a dump on signing Shanahan. If we had a playmaking center for the secoond line it would have been great for both of 'em.
Shanny is not the hinderance to Prucha. Last year, Prucha did quite well when going out between Jagr and Straka on the PP. He was not really a center per se, just someone who would take the draws. Nylander was not an automatic. This year, Renney, for whatever reason, choose not to do so. I do not understand how somone who was more effective on the PP than the aforementioned Shanny suddely gets cut out, but then I do not understand a good amount of things that Renney does. I do agree that a true 2nd line center would have done wonders with both Prucha and Shanny flanking him.