HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sellers only...

Old
02-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Reuben

vCash: 500
who's next if anyone? anyone wanna wager a guess? and explain your reasoning?

Reuben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Souray, Kovalev or Perezhogin are all three that could be traded.. I think.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Reuben

there's an outside chance of Samsanov getting moved.

Old
02-25-2007, 06:43 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
No complaints if Samsonov is gone.. Dandenault, Niinimaa or Bouillon being moved wouldn't upset me either.

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:47 PM
LesHabsRock

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
No complaints if Samsonov is gone.. Dandenault, Niinimaa or Bouillon being moved wouldn't upset me either.
Agreed. I really hope Samsonov can be unloaded. I had a feeling Rivet would be gone. I believe they'll keep both Souray and Markov now (depending on Souray wanting to sign or not). Rivet was just one of those players that had been here too long. Now let's get to the playoffs and get our new coach and youngsters some added and valuable playoff experience. Missing the playoffs wouldn't be the best thing for this group right now. Good move by Gainey.

LesHabsRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 07:37 PM
Reuben

Quote:
Originally Posted by LesHabsRock View Post
Agreed. I really hope Samsonov can be unloaded. I had a feeling Rivet would be gone. I believe they'll keep both Souray and Markov now (depending on Souray wanting to sign or not). Rivet was just one of those players that had been here too long. Now let's get to the playoffs and get our new coach and youngsters some added and valuable playoff experience. Missing the playoffs wouldn't be the best thing for this group right now. Good move by Gainey.
We are definately going to have some cap space to play with, if we want. always nice to have some options. I figured Rivet's day were numbered also just didn't expect this much return to be honest.

I agree with him being here to long, alot of our core players have been around for alot of losing, more so than winning anyhow.

I hope we unload a few more vets

Old
02-25-2007, 07:40 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 709
In the end, no matter what happen, let's just fine the best way to become serious contenders for years to come and on the longer period of time possible. I understand the Edmonton and Calgary exemples of this world, but let's try becoming the Detroit's of the world instead.....much better to marry a great women with fine looks than have a one-night stand with a hottie and being dumped the day after....or so does my wife tells me.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:14 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
I've already answered all the points you mentioned in other threads so I won't waste my time on it again. I guess you guys might just as well enjoy your little fantasy world for another 48 hours while it lasts. At least it helps separate the wheat from the chaff. <plonk>
hmm, in my fantasy world we'd trade a UFA like rivet for a 1st and a young defensive prospe... oh *****... hold the phone, could it be that the "video game generation" was actually living in the real world, and it was acutally the old farts that were stuck in fantasy land...

Talk about a GREAT start to my last 48 hours in fantasy land!

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Jag68Sid87
Nothing Else Maattas

That was a tremendous move by Gainey and co. It should be the start of something, and not the only move, but at least it's a definite step in the right direction. Kudos.

Jag68Sid87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:28 PM
RE-HABS

I would love to trade Kovalev, we have proved we can play with him out of the line up and I would love to get rid of that salary (although we would probably get a similar salary in return).

Kovalev would be the ideal trade, but the most difficult to swing.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:58 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
who's next if anyone? anyone wanna wager a guess? and explain your reasoning?
While Rivet will be an UFA, like Souray and Markov, he was the one dealt because he doesn't fit future plans so if anyone else is dealt it will be for the same reason, IMO.
For me the obvious ones are Kovalev and Samsonov as they haven't provided the offensive support expected and neither have the work ethic you would exoect on a Gainey/Carbonneau team. If Gainey can manage trading these two I'll call him a genius.

baldrick is offline   Reply With Quote