HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who says SELLING will not be as effective as BUYING?

Old
02-25-2007, 12:57 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

vCash: 500
Who says SELLING will not be as effective as BUYING?

I think this team could do just as well or better if we dropped some deadweight and let the kids play that have earned it. They sure have been knocking the door down in Hartford with some stellar play.

IMO it is in the best interest of the team to drop atleast some combo of Nylander, Cullen, Ward, Dupuis, Malik, Rachunek, Betts, and Weekes for draft picks and prospects. Now, Jagr confuses the heck out of me. I truly do not know if it would be in our best interests to hold onto him or let him go for a bounty. Part of me leans towards getting him the heck out of here, because he likes that slow down, no effort type of game he gets to play with his posse. If we bring up kids that are just instructed to skate their ***** off and hit, I do not think he will take to that type of game.

My roster:

Korpikoski-Straka-(Shanahan)
Hossa-Avery-Callahan
Prucha-Immonen-Ortmeyer
Dawes-Hollweg-Orr

Roszival-Pock
Tyutin-Liffiton/Lampman/Taylor/Trade
Girardi-Baranka

Lundqvist/Valiquette

Now I know I will get flamed for having Korp on the first line, but I think that's a spot he could flourish in playing solid defense and doing the dirty work.
Hopefully we could catch a promising roster player forward and defender so those guys are not pressured too much, and we have someone to take the pressure off of not having Shanahan. Pavelski,Bernier,Michalek look too nice all in SJ.

Any thoughts as to how effective this team still could be after a firesale?

Sidenote: I believe Straka, Shanahan, and Roszival are the types of veterans you build a successful team with. So I would not want to sell them regardless of the outcome.

Old
02-25-2007, 01:01 PM
broadwayblue

Let's sell whoever we can and give the kids a shot. I would almost bet we don't do worse than we have done with the experienced guys! Plus, one more injection of picks and prospects will really set us up nicely. It may not give us the first line talent we'll need, but it will give us the ability to trade the pieces needed to do so. SELL NOW!!!

And, if by some chance a team is willing to give up a bounty for #68 you do it in a second. We are screwed as long as Jagr is here...so let's get what we can for him now and start building for the future.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:07 PM
DutchShamrock

Of course it's possible. The 05-06 team proved that. That team had heart. They had the belief that every single person had to contribute, even the scratches. They knew they couldn't rely on 4 players to do everything. That was the only team that looked and competed differently than any other since '97.

This season was ruined by the FA acquisitions. Not necessarily Shanny, but he help reestablish the reliance on the few. But Ward and Cullen were not improvements on what we had in the system. The kids at least have to prove themselves. The kids have to fight for their jobs. When you get a 3 year multimillion dollar deal you have security. You don't have to think about your future.

This season is a case study into the mental atmosphere of the organization.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Convince me why we need another seller/buyer thread.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:32 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
I'm not sure they're gonna be able to do it MJ lol

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:41 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:

Add it to the list of other redundant titles...Jessiman...Renney's treatment of Prucha...the PP...whether or not to deal Montoya....JO41's trade proposals...

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Merge it then

No Biggie, thought I asked a couple of different things other than just saying so-and-all-the-so so's suck, sell sell sell.

Didn't see the Shakeup thread, if that makes it better?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 03:17 PM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Betts was just signed to an extension, I doubt he is on the move.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 04:22 PM
DarthSather99

I agree and mentioned such in another thread mentioning our improvement a few years ago AFTER the purge.......then catapulting us to a stellar season the following year.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:00 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
I don't mind giving the kids a shot but uh...where are all the assets we're supposed to be getting back for guys like...oh I don't know...Jagr, Nylander, Cullen etc...basically what you did was just put a Hartford roster out there, and get absolutely nothing back...now, if you put in the assets we would have gotten back it's a possibility, but that roster right now, no way in hell. Aside from that 1st line the team's got NOTHING.
Oh and also, if you're going to trade some of these guys, for the love of God include Roszival.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVPOLARBEARS19 View Post
I don't mind giving the kids a shot but uh...where are all the assets we're supposed to be getting back for guys like...oh I don't know...Jagr, Nylander, Cullen etc...basically what you did was just put a Hartford roster out there, and get absolutely nothing back...now, if you put in the assets we would have gotten back it's a possibility, but that roster right now, no way in hell. Aside from that 1st line the team's got NOTHING.
Hmm. Are you talking about our team now, or the one I outlined?

Also, I'm in no position to act as GM. That's why I put that lineup out there. That's at the worst, which IMO is not that bad.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:07 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Hmm. Are you talking about our team now, or the one I outlined?

Also, I'm in no position to act as GM. That's why I put that lineup out there. That's at the worst, which IMO is not that bad.
Alright fair enough, was kinda unsure if they were being sold off for scrap metal or what.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:46 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Add it to the list of other redundant titles...Jessiman...Renney's treatment of Prucha...the PP...whether or not to deal Montoya....JO41's trade proposals...
Hossa is coming around......trade Montoya......fire Renney...leave Renney alone and fire Sather.....

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 05:49 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Hossa is coming around......trade Montoya......fire Renney...leave Renney alone and fire Sather.....
Since I put that in my post, you wanted to emphasize the redundacy aspect, huh?

Old
02-25-2007, 06:01 PM
zacn

Totally agree with the original poster. We really have nothing to lose if we become 'sellers' or in this case used cars salesmen. Drop the deadweight, give people opportunities and all of a sudden we will have an edge to our game that will make us a better team.
After watching this front office perform throughout the year, however, I unfortunately don't think it will be an option. These guys are clueless, plain and simple. I would really like to just be able to ask Sather to his face what his plan is because frankly I think the lack of a public plan is insulting to the fans. He comes off as disrespectful and plain stubborn in being indecisive. I haven't been one to criticize him after last year and always prefer giving people a chance to learn from their mistakes, but if he doesn't sell, he should go.

zacn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Since I put that in my post, you wanted to emphasize the redundacy aspect, huh?
Point of parlimentary procedure, your honor (don't worry, I'm pre-law), but you stated "whether or not to trade Montoya". I stated the "trading of Montoya". A small distinction in the battle of redundancy.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 06:13 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Point of parlimentary procedure, your honor (don't worry, I'm pre-law), but you stated "whether or not to trade Montoya". I stated the "trading of Montoya". A small distinction in the battle of redundancy.

Old
02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Staal Me Up

Send a message via AIM to Staal Me Up
With what some of these trades and how much teams are getting back.......Trade them all please

Enough of this slow moving team who plays hard for 2 periods. Yuck, I'm so fed up!

Staal Me Up is offline   Reply With Quote