HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Are we the Bizarro team of the NHL?

Old
03-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Sparksrus3

vCash: 500
We trade a perennial 30 goal scorer, a first and a second
For
A perennial 30 goal scorer.

We trade our new perennial 30 goal scorer for two second rd picks

They( buffalo) trade there new perennial 30 goal scorer for two second rd picks

Real head scratcher !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We charge an additional fee to our season ticket holders for tickets that cost a lot to begin with ,then won't be used by the customer because we stink, and can be had for 5 bucks on the internet.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uwe Krupp scores a game winning goal to defeat Pittsburgh penguins propelling the the NYI isles back to the 6 th overall draft pick. With the 5 th overall pick the Pittsburgh penguins select Jarimir Jagr. With the 6 th overall pick the isles select- Doesn'tMatterNeverMadeIt-. The following year we trade for Uwe Krupp.
--------------------------
We seem to pay more money to players that don't play for us than do play for us.
( last nights payroll-estimated 29 mill added up as yearly)

Tavares 5.5 mil
Dipietro 4 .5 mil ( contract number)
Yashin 2.2 mil
Vis 4.75 mil
Grabner 3 mil
Bouchard 1 mil
Regin .373,000
Total- 21 mil +
-----------------------------------------
Pat Lafontaine- arguably the greatest American born hockey player. Or at least up there.hundreds of goals for the NYI, hundreds of assists for the NYI. This guy has gotten the Moe Green treatment from the Godfather movie. Kind of like " there isn't a signpost ,or a plaque, or anything " . This guy was right there with bossy, trotter, and Potvin . He is top 5 all time for this franchise. One time at a game I asked a security guard where the water fountain was. He thought I said Lafontaine and I was tossed.( not really).
----------------------------------------
We are broadcast on a network owned by the owner of of main rival. And it's called MSG
-----------------------------------------
We almost and I mean almost had to sell Palffy to the rangers.
Deb placey jumps to the devils
Joe micheletti jumps to the rags
Butch goring makes me want to jump
Pro hockey team broadcast on a college radio station
------
That's enough for now!!! us

Sparksrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 08:34 PM
bauerpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparksrus3 View Post
Uwe Krupp scores a game winning goal to defeat Pittsburgh penguins propelling the the NYI isles back to the 6 th overall draft pick. With the 5 th overall pick the Pittsburgh penguins select Jarimir Jagr. With the 6 th overall pick the isles select- Doesn'tMatterNeverMadeIt-. The following year we trade for Uwe Krupp.
I remember reading that there was no way that the Islanders were going to draft Jagr anyway even if they had the 5th pick. The quote was something like: "There is no way we would have drafted a Czechoslovakian in the first round".

bauerpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2014, 10:39 PM
JTforPres2012

This thread sums it all up...

JTforPres2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2014, 12:29 PM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islesfaninjax View Post
I have a good one. The man in the broadcast booth has 8 professional hockey championships to his name, 5 playing and 3 coaching. Yet the actual head coach has ZERO. How does this make any sense? Are you kidding me? Not to mention that this broadcaster learned everything he knows about coaching and hockey systems from 2 hall of fame people Al and Bill, several hall of fame players, and countless years coaching pro hockey and WINNING CONSTANTLY. Also, this man was given a lousy 1 year chance with a MINOR league roster, then fired by MILBUM. Have I said enough here? Without a doubt, this is the worst organization in all of sports. at least the cubs have many winning seasons
He's also a 2 time IHL coach of the year
Coached 2 championship winning teams in the IHL
Coached 1 Championship winning team in the DEL

We've been down that road though, the game is a lot different now.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 10:44 PM
MaryChristine
God Amongst Men

The thread should be asking how much longer will we be the Bizarro team.

MaryChristine is offline   Reply With Quote