Ott = Dead Man walking

Closed Thread

Old
01-29-2004, 03:14 AM
SensGod

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Ott = Dead Man walking

He should be thankful he got ejected for the game. Chara was pointing at him during the scrum after he took Curtis out. 5 foot 9 versus 6 foot 9...Ott better not set another foot on the ice against the Sens anytime during this milineum.

What the heck was he thinking? Sure he's trying to make a check and all, but dang...leaving his feet with his elbows in a "Hatheresque" position...????

Thanks though...he just swatted the bee's nest...Stars are dead tonight. The Sens scoring machine will not be lax tonight.

Time for Chara to take out Modano...

Old
01-29-2004, 04:08 AM
Dallasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
He should be thankful he got ejected for the game. Chara was pointing at him during the scrum after he took Curtis out. 5 foot 9 versus 6 foot 9...Ott better not set another foot on the ice against the Sens anytime during this milineum.

What the heck was he thinking? Sure he's trying to make a check and all, but dang...leaving his feet with his elbows in a "Hatheresque" position...????

Thanks though...he just swatted the bee's nest...Stars are dead tonight. The Sens scoring machine will not be lax tonight.

Time for Chara to take out Modano...
Very Very Classy!!

Dude, in your avatar...is that how Lalime was tonite in the 3rd?? IT SURE AS H**L LOOKED LIKE IT!! WOOOOOOO!!! This team is unreal!!!

Old
01-29-2004, 04:34 AM
OttMorrow

Send a message via AIM to OttMorrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
Stars are dead tonight.
Show me how they got killed tonight. Oh wait, you can't because your team lost to the tune of 5-3 and got one of your players knocked back to last season. Maybe next year or in the Stanley Cup Finals dude.

Old
01-29-2004, 06:43 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Ott is 6'0 dude..

Old
01-29-2004, 01:54 PM
TexSen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
Ott is 6'0 dude..
On skates maybe.

Old
01-29-2004, 03:09 PM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexSen
On skates maybe.
Whatever precious, check his bio..

Old
01-29-2004, 04:39 PM
Troy McClure

Ott might get suspended, but I really doubt he's going to worry about the possible threat of Chara pointing at him. His job is to play dirty like any other agitator. He's not going to change his game because Chara points at him.

I think it was a nasty hit, and the penalty was deserved. But, to come on here saying that Ott should be scared is crazy. We all saw how the Sens retaliated. Their goon fought our goon. Next year, I'm sure some Sens players will point at Ott some more.

Old
01-29-2004, 05:03 PM
incawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure
His job is to play dirty like any other agitator.
I disagree. An agitator's job is to get under the opposing players' skin and take them off their game. Playing dirty simply does his own team a disservice by taking stupid penalties like Ott did last night.

Old
01-29-2004, 08:39 PM
hockeyhomer99

Quote:
Ott might get suspended, but I really doubt he's going to worry about the possible threat of Chara pointing at him. His job is to play dirty like any other agitator. He's not going to change his game because Chara points at him.

I think it was a nasty hit, and the penalty was deserved. But, to come on here saying that Ott should be scared is crazy. We all saw how the Sens retaliated. Their goon fought our goon. Next year, I'm sure some Sens players will point at Ott some more.
Hard to see how that was a deserved penalty.. He hit him from the side and not the back and he never left his feet, no jump in the hit.. It was nothing but a flat out HARD ASS hit..

Old
01-29-2004, 08:52 PM
nuksforlife

Send a message via MSN to nuksforlife
I liked the hit, if anything it should have been a 4 minute charge Ott did his job!!

Old
01-29-2004, 09:01 PM
Starsdude

Quote:

In fact Tippet said the turning point was when Downey "woke us up". So The sens goon actually did a disservice to his team. I actually think Downey while not the best fighter has a good sense of timing which is really important in his role. Ott's hit was a little late but was from the side . The d-man just was looking down and was not ready for it. Threatening Ott is B.S. maybe Sens should think about backchecking when they have a two goal lead.

Old
01-29-2004, 09:12 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhomer99
Hard to see how that was a deserved penalty.. He hit him from the side and not the back and he never left his feet, no jump in the hit.. It was nothing but a flat out HARD ASS hit..
Ott skated hard from one side of the ice to take him out. That's charging. When there's a head injury involved, it's a major and a game misconduct. It was the right call.

Old
02-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Bandwagoner

Quote:
Ott skated hard from one side of the ice to take him out. That's charging. When there's a head injury involved, it's a major and a game misconduct. It was the right call.
Totally agree

Closed Thread