HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Pavel Bure vs Dean Evason & Gerald Diduck vs Rob Zettler, December 18, 1992.

Old
03-30-2014, 01:40 AM
JetsAlternate

vCash: 500
Pavel Bure vs Dean Evason & Gerald Diduck vs Rob Zettler, December 18, 1992.

I didn't see this posted on the forum, and recently video has become available.

This is listed as one of two career fights for Pavel Bure on DropYourGloves.com. The brawl begins behind the Sharks' net with Bure and Zettler pushing each other.

http://dropyourgloves.com/fights/Fig...aspx?P=576&L=1

From December 18, 1992:

At the 0:44 mark, Sharks forward John Carter runs into Pavel; Anatoli Semenov tries to restrain Carter while Bure keeps Evason pinned to the ice. The Sharks and Canucks played again the following night.

Quote:
Canucks chew up toothless Sharks: [2* Edition]
Pap, Elliott. The Vancouver Sun [Vancouver, B.C] 19 Dec 1992: E16.

The Russian Rocket objected to the manner in which Rob Zettler finished a check and threw a gloved hand at Zettler's head.

Gerald Diduck then piled into the gathering throng, threw a couple of rights at Zettler while Bure wound up with Dean Evason before Shark John Carter broke free from the pile and cuffed Bure. The melee results in a San Jose power play as Bure was called for the initial punch on Zettler.

"I lost my temper," said a contrite Bure, who had four assists on the night. "I made a mistake and lost control of myself. This guy, No. 12 I think, jumped me from behind.

Quote:
In the red corner, the Moscow Mauler: [1* Edition]
Pap, Elliott. The Vancouver Sun [Vancouver, B.C] 21 Dec 1992: D2.

LOS ANGELES - The ballots are in and it's a split decision. The question: Are you in favor of having Pavel Bure goon it up?

The Russian Rocket looked more like the Moscow Mauler on Friday when he nearly sparked a full-scale brawl at Pacific Coliseum. He threw his first career punches at San Jose Shark centre Dean Evason.

On Saturday, Evason ran Bure six minutes into Vancouver's 6-3 victory. This time mayhem did erupt as Gino Odjick, Robert Dirk, Jiri Slegr and Anatoli Semenov were all involved in the scuffling.

Dirk and Canuck boss Pat Quinn represented the 'yes' side. They didn't mind Bure mixing it up. Odjick and assistant GM George McPhee voted 'no'.

Dirk: "It's great to see Pavel stick up for himself. That's the difference between being a star and a superstar. He wants to win, he's very intense and he'll get his nose dirty when necessary."

Quinn: "I'm from the school that believes sometimes you've got to stand up for yourself. You can't look to others all the time. Obviously we don't want Pavel in the penalty box but to gain your teammates' respect, and the respect of the opposition, sometimes you've got to say 'hey, I've taken enough and I'm going to give some back."'

Odjick: "I don't think Pavel should be doing that. We need him on the ice. He should wait and let someone else do it."

McPhee: "We might create a monster."

The last word belongs to the Moscow Mauler himself. What did he think of his tango with Evason?

"It was a good one," he chuckled.

Quote:
Works Cited

Pap, Elliott. "Canucks Chew Up Toothless Sharks." The Vancouver Sun: 0. Dec 19 1992. ProQuest. Web. 30 Mar. 2014.

Pap, Elliott. "In the Red Corner, the Moscow Mauler." The Vancouver Sun: 0. Dec 21 1992. ProQuest. Web. 30 Mar. 2014 .

Last edited by JetsAlternate: 03-30-2014 at 02:07 AM.
JetsAlternate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

vCash: 500
Loved Diduck... but actually Bure was probably the next toughest Canuck out there, considering the rest of the line seemed to consist of such non-belligerants as Greg Adams, Adrian Plasvic, and Anatoli Semenov.

Ogie Goldthorpe is offline   Reply With Quote