HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Max Pacioretty appreciation

Old
03-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
He signed his deal after a 33 goals, 65 pts season. I'm sure he could have gotten at least 5.5M even back then.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 08:13 PM
MontrealFans

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsubz View Post
Love him but god are his passes attempts awful. Could already be at 40 if it wasn't for this.
This lol I cringe when he's not in the slot on the PP or when he tries to pass to the D

MontrealFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 08:47 PM
Tyson

Next Habs captain

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 08:53 PM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
^^^lolwut

i love maxpac but he doesnt seem like a leader to me.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 09:12 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Such a ****ing stud. Love him.

Aspirine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 09:19 PM
Saundies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontrealFans View Post
This lol I cringe when he's not in the slot on the PP or when he tries to pass to the D
Patches is a good player and a great goal scorer. He just can't pass. I'll say it again and again because it still rings true. So many giveaways, even on a good night. He might very well score 40-45 one day if he stays healthy but even then I think his ceiling is only 70 points at the absolute best, just because of his passing ability.

Saundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Tyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
^^^lolwut

i love maxpac but he doesnt seem like a leader to me.
Based on?

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 09:45 PM
HabsFan76

A lot of people are underrating his passing abilities. His vision is decent and most of his passes are accurate. I think Patches problem is that he sometimes forces low percentage passes which get picked off and people attribute that to not being able to pass.

HabsFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 10:07 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
I don't know if that's true.

He fired his agent earlier this season.

Players don't leave money on the table like that. Unless they have already made a crap ton and/or are trying to help a contender stay competitive. It was Pacioretty's first big contract and we haven't been a contender at all.

Hell, habs have unused cap room.. so if he did it to help... he must be pretty mad at himself.
Berg said it in an interview before, he signed a little bit less longer term so the team could be more competitive.. I think he fired his agent because he didn't realize how much he was leaving on the table..

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2014, 11:13 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 50
He's 4th in the NHL in the last 3 years for EV goals. With the team's difficulties 5 on 5, he's our MVP outside of Price. And if you go by EV/games, he's slightly ahead of Kessel.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 12:20 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Thanks for your encouraging words. Now tell us that Galchenyuk has reached his peak. We'll believe you.
huh?

i just said that not every player keeps improving year to year and that some do peak out early and you bring out galchenyuk, who i never mentioned. and why would i tell you that galchenyuk has reached his peak exactly? this isn't putting words in my mouth, this is shoveling them in

i expect better from you

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 12:46 AM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Not bad for a guy who is not a "true" goal scorer (Leafs fans told me this).

Only 1 goal behind the man, the myth, the legend, the god, Phil Kessel.. despite playing ~10 games less.
Say all you want, Pacioretty is still no Kadri

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 12:47 AM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicko999 View Post
He signed his deal after a 33 goals, 65 pts season. I'm sure he could have gotten at least 5.5M even back then.
He was 23 back then. He opted for a longer term deal instead of a shorter transition deal. I seriously doubt Pacioretty is peeved and feels shafted for it.

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gally11 View Post
I can remember seeing that and thinking I wouldn't go near that thread with a 10 foot pole Max is so streaky
lol i reread that WHOLE thread to see what i had written and saw i didnt say anything and realized i was thinking EXACTly what you were lol, staying awaaaaaay from this thread, we all know max has streaks by now

you read that thread and youd NEEEEEVEr ever think he would come close to 35 goals so far this year, like someone else said that thread is very telling on alot of people here

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 07:16 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

He's one of the best players in the league. Could score 55-60 every year if he had a real center. Most raw goal scoring talent in the league. Too bad we don't have a center he could hit 60 with every year.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 07:26 AM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
He's one of the best players in the league. Could score 55-60 every year if he had a real center. Most raw goal scoring talent in the league. Too bad we don't have a center he could hit 60 with every year.
Lol what?

habscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 07:31 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscup View Post
Lol what?
carried rage from the desharnais thread part 1,245 i guess

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 07:54 AM
TheCanasianfrasian

Send a message via MSN to TheCanasianfrasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Based on?
Based on the fact the he's been openly vocal two or three times about his discontent of the way he was being used at the time.

Based on the fact that he's on the more selfish side of the playing field. Nothing dramatic about that really, a goalscorer should always be a little bit selfish, but his low number of assists seems like a good indicator to me. Although playing with Vanek might get his assists up.

I'm not knocking him, i think he's a great player, just not anywhere close to captain material.

TheCanasianfrasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 09:05 AM
Phil Parent
Djee-zosse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanasianfrasian View Post
Based on the fact the he's been openly vocal two or three times about his discontent of the way he was being used at the time.

Based on the fact that he's on the more selfish side of the playing field. Nothing dramatic about that really, a goalscorer should always be a little bit selfish, but his low number of assists seems like a good indicator to me. Although playing with Vanek might get his assists up.

I'm not knocking him, i think he's a great player, just not anywhere close to captain material.
I only remember that one time... and that was when he said he'd rather play top minutes in the AHL to better show what he could do. Maybe that's complaining, but many guys would take the bottom 6 minutes in the bigs and shut up because that's where the money is.... to me that shows he knows his value as a player and wanted the team to know it too, because he wanted to help to the best of his abilities.

About the selfishness on the ice, maybe he's just aware that (pre-Vanek) he was the sniper on his line with the passer Desharnais and the energy guy Gallagher and that if the puck got to him, he was expected to shoot.

Now, he does defer to Vanek quite a bit and makes more plays. For the first time, he's the secondary scorer on his line. He seems to be doing mighty fine in the role by the way, his output has INCREASED because of diminished defensive coverage.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
carried rage from the desharnais thread part 1,245 i guess
No rage.. but according to many, it's true!

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:02 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkguy View Post
He's probably a 50 goal man with an elite center. He's never played with very really good first liners in his life. That's not a slag on DD but he's not a legit first liner. Vanek is though, and I expect that if they're kept together Max's goal totals will be at 40+ in the coming seasons. Its certainly not a stretch to see him hitting that mark next season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
Next Habs captain
We obviously have limited exposure to the dressing room and don't know what really happens back there but Max doesn't seem like captain material to me. An 'A' on his jersey would be cool though.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:05 AM
Smokey Thompson

6'2 220lbs 25year old 35 goal scorer signed for another 5 years.

@ $4.5m

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:06 AM
Habstract

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saundies View Post
Patches is a good player and a great goal scorer. He just can't pass. I'll say it again and again because it still rings true. So many giveaways, even on a good night. He might very well score 40-45 one day if he stays healthy but even then I think his ceiling is only 70 points at the absolute best, just because of his passing ability.
What?

Pacioretty is the player that gives the puck away the least on the Habs... He also has one of the best ratio takeway vs giveaway (2:1)

Habstract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:07 AM
habscup*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
He's probably a 50 goal man with an elite center. He's never played with very really good first liners in his life. That's not a slag on DD but he's not a legit first liner. Vanek is though, and I expect that if they're kept together Max's goal totals will be at 40+ in the coming seasons. Its certainly not a stretch to see him hitting that mark next season.

We obviously have limited exposure to the dressing room and don't know what really happens back there but Max doesn't seem like captain material to me. An 'A' on his jersey would be cool though.
Offensive totals even out, you can't score 40 goals regularly in the nhl. Sometimes you'll have 32 goals 35 assists instead of 40 goals 25 assists and so on. No way he gets 50 goals though. That's insane.

habscup* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2014, 10:22 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I don't really believe the "Pacioretty would be a 50-60 goal scorer with an elite centre" stuff. I think 40-45 might be more realistic. Desharnais is already an excellent passer who looks to give it to Patches every single time they're on the ice together.

However, among the elite goal scorers of the league (Stamkos, Crosby, Ovechkin, Perry, Kessel) the one Pacioretty most resembles to me is Perry. Perry was 26 when he jumped from 27 goals to 50 goals. Pacioretty is 25 now. Obviously Perry plays with Getzlaf, which helps, but a lot of his goal scoring is his own doing too. It'll be interesting to see if Pacioretty has another level to go to like Perry did.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote