HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > All other USA Amateur, USHL, NAHL, USNTDP etc.

Blais to coach USHL team in Fargo

Old
02-10-2007, 01:31 PM
Dakota Sioux

vCash: 250
Blais to coach USHL team in Fargo

Looks like Dean is coming back to North Dakota,just 75 miles south from when he left Grand Forks.
http://www.grandforksherald.com/arti...section=sports

Dakota Sioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:25 PM
5mn Major

vCash: 500
Thats news. I predict hes planning on spending two years tops...and moving on to another level.

5mn Major is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 02:51 PM
Dakota Sioux

I have a sneaky feeling Jutting will be out at MSU and Blais would take that job in a heartbeat.He said he is leaving his options open so he may never even see the team in Fargo.

Old
02-10-2007, 05:09 PM
Rabid Husky

vCash: 581
I'm surprised the USHL would go back to Fargo after the Ice Sharks folded.

Rabid Husky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Dakota Sioux

I'm sure there thinking is with a new arena and hopefully with Blais behind the bench of a new team that that will be enough to get this new venture off the ground and stay above water for more than 5 years.I just don't know if Fargo is that big into hockey or not.

Old
02-10-2007, 06:16 PM
Rabid Husky

Well the Jets are among the best teams in the NAHL and they get close to sell-outs, but it's in a HS arena that is kind of a dump. I'm even surprised this arena is even going to be built. There has been talk of one for years, but nothing has ever come of it, and I haven't heard anything come through the city commission about it, so I wonder where the financing for this arena is coming from.

Old
02-10-2007, 06:38 PM
Dakota Sioux

I have no idea where the money is coming from either.I also heard that there are to be 4 outer rinks that will be connected to the main one that will be in the center of it all.I also heard they are going to tear the old colisium down.Played my high school games in that thing back in the late 70's and to us then it was a palace.

Last edited by Dakota Sioux: 02-10-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Old
02-10-2007, 06:47 PM
Rabid Husky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I have no idea where the money is coming from either.I also heard that there sre to be 4 outer rinks that will be connected to the main one that will be in the center of it all.I also heard they are going to tear the old colisium down.Played my high school games in that thing back in the late 70's and to us then it was a palace.
I haven't seen that kind of support possible for hockey in Fargo which is odd considering its almost life in Moorhead.
And the Carlson isn't a bad arena, I've just seen a lot nicer ones for HS teams. Moorhead's doubles as the arena for Concordia and it is a nice place to watch a game.

Old
02-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Mr.Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
I have no idea where the money is coming from either.I also heard that there are to be 4 outer rinks that will be connected to the main one that will be in the center of it all.I also heard they are going to tear the old colisium down.Played my high school games in that thing back in the late 70's and to us then it was a palace.
The four rinks will all be on one side of the main rink (five total). Presently there will be seating at one of those outer rinks for smaller high school games also. Main rink Junior A and cross town high school games (north v south v moorhead etc). It will be used a lot. The smaller rink can host like North vs. Bismarck Century or something. The financing of this thing was mildly ingenious. That will come out soon enough. The city commission is going to have a hard time turning them down for two reasons. 1) The city Park Board is absolutely fed up with the Coliseum (money pit) Because of its age they have to keep putting money into it. Currently one of the most expensive pains in there rear. Direct quote from board member. 2)City commission wants to OK a Dome extension on the football stadium for NDSU basketball (which is about all it will get used for). Hockey community will go bananas if they get the raw end of a non-taxed approval for something that is going to serve the youth hockey in a big way. The land is already owned.

Mr.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Mr.Bill

This is getting interesting in todays paper the Jets I believe have said they don't want to go anywhere. I was told the main tenenant was the last issue or hurdle. I can't see Blais doing this. My guess is he's putting his face on this to help Gino because, frankly why not help him.

I will say I think who ever plays there will do measureable better than anything in the crap hole coliseum. High school hockey looks like ping pong in that rink. Juniors is rediculous.

Mr.Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-23-2007, 07:59 PM
Dakota Sioux

Looks like the Dean will be coaching in Fargo.
http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/157484

Old
02-25-2007, 11:56 PM
Rabid Husky

He has an out though, and if a WCHA team comes calling, goodbye Deano.