HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Booing the Rangers at home

Old
02-25-2007, 08:59 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Has MSG ever failed to sell out a Rangers game during the playoff drought?

I always assumed they sold out... no matter what. Even if they were in last place, just because its the "thing to do" in NYC some nights. Sit back, talk to alot of strangers while watching some team play some sport on the ice.

EDIT: Yes they have... my bad. But they never had a season where less than 97% of the seats sold.
So many of those tickets are sold to Joe Wallstreet and some other suits that rarely come to the games unless the team is hot. Same phenomenon with the Knicks- you see sellouts but rarely a full house.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:55 PM
PhlipDowt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
nevermind rachunek, how's about nylanders constant spinning around all over the ice.. the should just get him a computer chair and let him spin in the locker room all night.. open paths to the net what does he do.? spins himself into a turn over or a bad pass that translates to nothing.. honestly i love the team and we have to accept the pros and cons of this team, but in my eyes there are far too many flaws.. especially flaws that mr renney never addresses or hold's people accountable for.. you bench ward now, in the stretch drive trying to make the playoffs should'a been done 2 months ago.. why is hossa taken off jagr's line after he finally has started to provide offense.? why is the 4th line given a shift late in the game last night down a goal in a win we desperately needed.? why has'nt renney utilized the timeout when the team was starting to let games slip away all season.? why was'nt cullen on the point on the PP earlier in the season when it was blatantly obvious we did'nt have a PP qb.? when will rosival be benched for his awful play lately, if ward can ride the pine so can rosival in my eyes.. there are a hundred questions that have'nt been answered.. i'll cheer as hard as the next fan i work hard for my money to put my but in those seats all season, but i'm tired of this beating around the bush and not addressing issues and being let down night after night.. last night i did'nt even stand up for the 2 goals because i said it on the spot we will let up the lead and lose this game.. sure enough a pathetic loss to a pathetic team.. i'll boo until this team turns it around, i don't care about the relationship between players and us fans for the fact they are getting paid to do a job, do your job the best you can end of story and there will be no reason to boo.
well said!!!!

i swear last night i was the same way, up 2-0 i still had an uneasy feeling

PhlipDowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:58 PM
GarretJoseph*

I've never booed the Rangers in my life & I never will.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:02 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
I think it's total ******** with everyone wanting Jagr traded.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Casmatt

I booed the Rangers last night, more than once.

In my mind booing shouldn't discourage the team, it should be a wake up call. Booing is a fans way of saying "Play harder jackass"

Casmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
NYRangerfn09

I will not boo my team.

NYRangerfn09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
bymer

boo your own team? yeah, that will help!

c'mon, you may as well not show up - and ultimately it'll only hurt (and 'wake' anybody up) if people stop coming to the games or buying tickets - but we all know how likely that is to happen in NYC.

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:20 PM
nickrOck

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
I've never booed the Rangers in my life & I never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
I think it's total ******** with everyone wanting Jagr traded.
idk what team your watching if you have'nt booed them recently.. they constantly leave me with an empty feeling everynight i leave MSG..

trading jagr is a moronic idea, he has'nt been the jagr of last season.. but without him we're definitely about 10 points worse..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:22 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
trading jagr is a moronic idea, he has'nt been the jagr of last season.. but without him we're definitely about 10 points worse..
But then the team wouldn't be fooling themselves into thinking they might still be buyers. That's the problem with having Jagr on the team...with him we will never be good enough to win it all, but we'll never be bad enough to truly build the team the right way. It's a catch 22.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
idk what team your watching if you have'nt booed them recently.. they constantly leave me with an empty feeling everynight i leave MSG..

Like I said b4, I love Jagr. I don't want Jagr traded because he's lazy or whatever labels people are giving him. He is are team. Shanny isn't period.
But I still think he should be traded in the interest of the future. Next year he is 36. We may as well deal him while his value is high along with our other high value players...Nylander, Shanahan if healthy, Ward, Cullen, maybe even Straka.
We would fetch a ton for Jagr... I would even rule out a Thomas Vanek or a player along those lines...but it would definately include a good young player, a bluechipper and a high draft pick. The others could also garner alot if Craig Rivet was traded for a 1st. My point is that if the Rangers sell their vets for youth and picks, we will have a future. Also it frees cap space to sign a Scott Gomez, Datsyuk, and maybe even pack our blueline full of talent because a solid blue line behind Lundqvist would make us contenders in 4 years.

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:36 PM
bymer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
Also it frees cap space to sign a Scott Gomez, ......
"I'd never want to see them win the Stanley Cup. I'd take any other team over them."

- Scotty

bymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:38 PM
ChrisKreider20
Oh Hai Guise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bymer View Post
"I'd never want to see them win the Stanley Cup. I'd take any other team over them."

- Scotty
okay, Datsyuk or Briere or w/e other younger centres are available Lol

ChrisKreider20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Thor God of Thunder

Maybe booing will make the Rangers think they are playing on the road. This year, that seems to be the only way they can win.

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:56 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Start cheering for the other team. When they score everyone yell and cheer. Start chants for the other teams like for next game start a Go Habs Go, lol

WhipNash27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 01:24 AM
lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseenpunk View Post
okay, Datsyuk or Briere or w/e other younger centres are available Lol
Don't want Briere. Good hockey player, don't like him. But Datsyuk is an UFA isnt he?

Eh whatever go Drury go.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:07 AM
Ola

Whats this? The thread for the "I got as much IQ as a fishstick club"?

Yeah, we are 17-13 on the road and 12-14 at home. This team, with all their flaws, have worked pretty darn hard all season long, and gotten zero support on home ice, which itself could be as big of a factor as anything why we aren't gooing to make the PO's.

Now we are gooing to boo them even more? You guys are unbeliveble.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 04:02 AM
Kostik

Good to see threads like this, atleast you will see true colors of some fans and bandwagoners
Calm down people...is it just NY who booes in NHL their best players?
Don't you think this is related with NYR p*ss poor home record?
Support mentality is different there...

Last edited by Kostik: 02-26-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 07:59 AM
WheresBarnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
haha, all of a sudden everyone is starting to hate on Jagr. I think I was a good year ahead of you guys.

Ranger fans have been booing for 10 years now. I think the only thing that could fix this team is to flat out stop buying tickets.
I got booed regarding Jagr many times at the begining of the season , as I'm sure we all recall.

I don't believe in booing our own guyss in the middle of a game, though. I always felt bad for guy's like Nedved, and Poti, and especially Weekes - how are they going to turn things around if they feel like no ones with them? Don't get me wrong I vent my fustrations, at every game whenever Malik does something stupid, but a whole arena of your own fans booing you has got to be rough.

The one exception to this rule is the PP. I'm sorry, but the team needs to continue to hear it, when they just stand around not shooting. They know what works, at what doesn't and when they insist on going back to that pitiful excuse for offense they need to hear our displeasure.

Last edited by WheresBarnaby: 02-26-2007 at 08:07 AM.
WheresBarnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:33 AM
abev
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor God of Thunder View Post
Maybe booing will make the Rangers think they are playing on the road. This year, that seems to be the only way they can win.
Or maybe they play so well on the road because they don't get booed.

02-26-2007, 08:43 AM
94now

Boo your self. Do the rest as well.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:20 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

As long as they keep playing boring, stupid, not passionate, not emotional, not physical, and most of all, not winning hockey...they can expect the boobirds

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:41 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
You pay your money, you have the right to boo, IMO. Admittedly I don't go to a lot of games (and that is by choice) but I would have no problem booing lack of effort — because that is controlable.

And I think that's the benchmark that most Ranger fans use. The team worked hard game in and game out last season and the fans recognized it. That was best demonstrated with the huge "Let's go Rangers" chant at the end of game 4.

02-26-2007, 01:09 PM
Thor God of Thunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by abev View Post
Or maybe they play so well on the road because they don't get booed.
Aha! Touche!

Thor God of Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 03:27 PM
ftyutin51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Whats this? The thread for the "I got as much IQ as a fishstick club"?

Yeah, we are 17-13 on the road and 12-14 at home. This team, with all their flaws, have worked pretty darn hard all season long, and gotten zero support on home ice, which itself could be as big of a factor as anything why we aren't gooing to make the PO's.

Now we are gooing to boo them even more? You guys are unbeliveble.
"...with all their flaws, have worked pretty darn hard all season long"

Maybe if they didn't stop slacking off in the 2nd and 3rd period of numerous amount of games, the team would be higher in standings.

"...gotten zero support on home ice"

18000 people (who are probably mostly Rangers fans) pay money to go watch you play a game. That's support already. And not to mention the fact that when the team scores a goal, the whole arena goes crazy.

ftyutin51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 03:45 PM
shoothepuck

To boo or not to boo, is an individual fans choice. An underachieving, unemotional, lay down and die at home team, will get some in the crowd booing. When fans stop booing an individual player, and start booing the whole team, it sends a message that something needs to be done. NY has shown all season, that it is not capable of rewarding it's fans, at a home game, with effort/talent/willingness to play hockey for 60 minutes.

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote