HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Shakeup: What would you do?

Old
02-25-2007, 11:17 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ran1gers View Post
Trade Straka (resign him in the off season)
I don't see how you can resign him when his contract runs beyond this year.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:26 AM
Ola

I would like to see Nylander traded.

Anyway, you all know I am probably the biggest Nylander fan on this board, but I think his skating have gotten a bit worse lately, and he is getting older and older. I also don't think he is a good fit for any of our kids, we don't got that Bobby Ryan who could need a center like Nylander to jumpstart him. Nylander haven't been a great fit with Shanahan.

Anyway, I would take the best offer for Nylander and don't look to resign him.

I would also look to move Malik, I don't know if he got any value, his +/- have been great for a really long time now. If we get a 2nd rounder I am happy. I would also move Rachunek. For a prospect or a pick.

This offseason I would go extremely hard after Ryan Smyth and Kimmo Timmonen. For Smyth I would be prepaired to go 7*4, and 6*4 for Timmonen. There is no reason whatsoever not to overpay for good players. I mean, Boston can probably move Chara ANY time they want and get atleast a two 1st round picks for him.

I think we could put together 4 even hardworking lines with thoose signings, and finally get some real firepower from the blueline in Timmonen, who also moves the puck really really well, he is a very underrated D.

Hossa-Straka-Jagr//I think Straka have held his own pretty well at center when backup by Hossa. Hopefully Marcel can really put it together this summer, and maybe, just maybe take that last stepp next season, not sold on him yet though...
Avery-Dubinsky-Shanahan//Honestly, I am not sure if Dubi is such a downgrade here from Nylander. Nyllet haven't had great chemistry with Shanahan and Avery. This are two extreme character players, and it would be great for Dubi to grow up with these two.
Smyth-Cullen-Korpikoski//Speed anyone? It would be great for Korpedo to play with Smyth. I think this line would be great, it would get as much icetime as the 2nd. Korpedo is a good passer, and both Cullen and Smyth can finnish. This line would just be deadly on the forecheck.
Prucha-Betts-Ortmayer//With Orts on it, this is a very good 4th line. Could defenitly handle 12+ minutes per night.

Staal-Roszival//These two would play with Jagr. Would be great for Staal to get a opertunity with Rozival, Straka, Jagr and Hossa. Rozi aren't that offensive that Staal would be foreced to cover for him, Marc could get involved pretty much offensivly and with the puck.
Ward-Timmonen//Timmonen would help out the 2nd-4th line allot. He moves the puck really well, got a great bomb from the blueline, he are also pretty good defensivly.
Tyutin-Girardi//Looking really good too.

PP units:
1st Smyth-Avery-Shanahan-Timmonen-Girardi//Timmonen are one of the best QB's in the league, would defenitly lift this unit. They would defenitly be a shoot first unit, and would win allot of 2nd pucks. Smyth runs it.
2nd Prucha-Hossa-Jagr-Straka-Roszival//Atleast a decent 2nd unit. Hossa behind the net in Nylanders role. Jagr runs it. We have all seen (enough of) it.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:56 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by philbo View Post
If we all get our wish and Renney get moved to some other position in the orginization, who (realistically) could be our guy?
Renney getting moved to some other position is not all of our wish.

02-26-2007, 09:16 AM
94now

It is ok for re-building team we are not to make playoffs. For those with little patience and burning desire to turn their beloved team into winners right away I suggest to start rooting for Devils. They are what you want...

There is only one reason we are not in playoff. The goaltending went back to what it was before Christmas. The fact that we do not have Brodeur ( or Volcun, or DiPietro, or Raycroft) should not cause such a terrible panic. Give Lundqvist next season to prove himself. He can do it

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 09:32 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

Fire Sather
Fire Renney
Fire Maloney

Trade Jagr
Keep Colton Orr (for those of you who voted against him in the Survivor...I feel sorry that you don't see the need for a player like this)
Sign Avery to a multi year deal

Man, the Rangers are really bad. They don't even have any serious 1st line prospects in their organization imo. Cally, Dubi? I just don't see them being anything better than 2nd liners at best.

Our org is a complete disaster...shocker

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:31 AM
free0717

Do nothing. Stand Pat, maybe things will turn around. We are losing games by 1 goal. We are not getting killed. Hopefully the Puck will bounce our way to the Playoffs.

free0717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:41 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by free0717 View Post
Do nothing. Stand Pat, maybe things will turn around. We are losing games by 1 goal. We are not getting killed. Hopefully the Puck will bounce our way to the Playoffs.
No, I agree, we are not getting killed. We letting the goals late, WHILE PLAYING WELL. Lundqvist doesn't last for entire game. May be he needs rest.

Old
02-26-2007, 10:50 AM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

He absolutely needs a rest. And we need to spell him with Montoya. Why not give the kid some experience?

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:52 AM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
No, I agree, we are not getting killed. We letting the goals late, WHILE PLAYING WELL. Lundqvist doesn't last for entire game. May be he needs rest.
I would tend to agree, he has played what 20 something straight games. Thats fine for Marty maybe, but I dont think Lundqvist is at that point in his career yet. However its a catch 22 because who goes in for him while they are still "in a playoff hunt".

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:56 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
I would tend to agree, he has played what 20 something straight games. Thats fine for Marty maybe, but I dont think Lundqvist is at that point in his career yet. However its a catch 22 because who goes in for him while they are still "in a playoff hunt".
Weekes injury is one of the worst events this season.

Old
02-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Slewfoot

I agree about trading some of the Vets(namely Jagr) , but I don't like the idea of Sather getting another opportunity to 'rebuild' this team for the future.

Slewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:40 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
He absolutely needs a rest. And we need to spell him with Montoya. Why not give the kid some experience?
We may see that, IMO.