HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Is there any way for Washington to get Pitkanen out of Philly??

Closed Thread

Old
02-06-2004, 05:51 PM
King Fish

vCash: 500
The only trade Philly will make might be for a cheap vet goalie. Pitkanen for Kolzig, not likely. Getting Pitkanen from Philly would be like getting Loungo from Florida, neither will happen.

Old
02-07-2004, 12:12 AM
st_roland

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Whoever wants to deal Gagne for a 1st is crazy even if it means Ovechkin. Gagne has been flying for the last few games.

No doubt, Gagne is a great two way players, but I think almost all GM's in the league would rather have the first overall pick in the draft than Gagne. Just my opinion.

Old
02-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Steve L*

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_roland
No doubt, Gagne is a great two way players, but I think almost all GM's in the league would rather have the first overall pick in the draft than Gagne. Just my opinion.
Me too, but Im not sure they would prefer that pick if it was only one of the lottery picks not guaranteed to get the 1st pick.

Old
02-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Liquidrage*

Why would we bother traded for their pick? Even if we got Ovechkin Hitch would just turn him into a defensive minded mucking forward. The transition would take him 2 or 3 years, and along the way he will be scratched, played on the 4th line, experience periods where Hitch praises him one day and then scratches him the next.

Nah! I'd rather just keep Gagne at this point than get frustrated watching a talent like Ovechkin get transformed into a 3rd line checking center.

Closed Thread