HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Predators @ Blue Jackets - 2.25.07

Old
02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
passes are all off the mark, suter and erat with awful games so far.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:34 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

They didn't even try to score after the 5 minute mark in the second period. Honestly....I have never seen our whole team not look so disinterested.....but gassed. They all look flat, exhausted, non-hustling......maybe its the CBJ system, or maybe we just aren't up for the game.

Erat had about 10 turnovers in the offensive zone when he was unpressured AND we had the whole team set up for a cycle....

This game will go down as a headscratcher. Only 3 pps. We give up 13 shots through 2 periods and 16 in the third...

02-25-2007, 08:35 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

if legwand isn't one of the top three shooters in the SO, i'm going to hurl my monitor out the window.

Old
02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

mason gets lucky, radulov shows why he belongs in our SO lineup

Old
02-25-2007, 08:40 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Phew, good thing we had our shootout ace in, Mason.

I feel bad for the Jackets, we know how it feels to completely dominate a team for almost 60 minutes and come away with nothing for it. We needed the two points, and almost pissed them away.

Hopefully being off til Wednesday is enough time to give them the rest they apparently needed. Playing the Sharks in SJ will be a big test.

Old
02-25-2007, 08:40 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

god ... if this team plays this way the rest of the way ... we may as well just give the Division to the Wings

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Yes!!!! Mason is a shootout GOD I'm thinking we need him in there for every shootout including games that Koun starts.

Gnashville is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:46 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

No wonder Suter looked dead in the latter stages of the third period:

He led the time in ice-time with 27:47. That was over 5 minutes more than the closest defenseman (Hamhuis at 22:14). He lead the team in PK time and PP time for defenseman as well....I thought he played very strong early on, but the Zherdev move leading to the Shelly goal was clearly signs of his exhaustion....whats stranger about that goal was that Suter was on the ice for the next shift directly following the goal.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 08:49 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch View Post
No wonder Suter looked dead in the latter stages of the third period:

He led the time in ice-time with 27:47. That was over 5 minutes more than the closest defenseman (Hamhuis at 22:14). He lead the team in PK time and PP time for defenseman as well....I thought he played very strong early on, but the Zherdev move leading to the Shelly goal was clearly signs of his exhaustion....whats stranger about that goal was that Suter was on the ice for the next shift directly following the goal.
Was Timonen hurt? Or were they just "resting" him? And if that's the case, why the hell do you scratch Vishnevski?

Old
02-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
Was Timonen hurt? Or were they just "resting" him? And if that's the case, why the hell do you scratch Vishnevski?
b/c Trotz is a genius!

Old
02-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
I think Kimmo was hurting, and as for Vishnevski, I'm wondering if his knee is still bothering him. Looking at the shift chart, Suter is on the ice for practically the entire third period. http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreport...7/SC020938.HTM

Old
02-25-2007, 09:08 PM
braindead

I wonder if Suter sits the next game and Trotz is going with the "gas the guy that gets the next rest" theory of ice time. That was as tired looking as I have seen the Preds all year. That was a big 2 points considering how the game played out.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Jarnberg

Man, the Predators played terrible in the third. Classic sit on the lead play. We really didn't deserve two points tonight.

Radulov had a great game. Outstanding pass to Dumont and a great move in the shootout. Maybe I'm crazy, but I feel better with Mason in net on shootouts than Vokoun.

Good to steal two points as they'll be valuable, but we can't play like this for the rest of the season.

You can tell how much we miss Sullivan and Hartnell. If we want this division title, we are going to have to really earn it from here on out.

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 10:31 PM
PredDave

Quote:
if legwand isn't one of the top three shooters in the SO, i'm going to hurl my monitor out the window.
So, what kind of monitor did you buy to replace the one you hurled out your window? hehehe just kidding...

I stepped away for the 3rd period, and was horrified to see that we gave up 2 goals and went to the shootout... but, I'm pleased we came away with 2 points. Now, onto the Sharks!

PredDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
Pred303

when all is said and done, they don't ask how, just how many.. and we can reply, well 88 points now, two ahead of the wings with 18 to play. 19 road wins versus 17 all last year.

we were an exhausted team in the third. a team with nothing left in the tank having to hold on for dear life. it might not have been pretty, and it wasn't, but we did just that.

the injury situation is becoming most concerning. few teams can afford to be without their two leading goalscorers and best all around defenseman for very long. sully's absense is seriously affecting arnott's productivity, and you have legwand now skating with two 4th liners. add in all the added icetime on the young d-men and it all becomes very disconcerning.

one could assume that sully and hartnell's absense will cost us an average of at least a goal per game. which in turn means to stay in this thing we're going to have to win ugly games for the next week or so at the minimum until sully returns. or kariya, and forsberg are going to have to get red hot and carry this team for a few games.

i'm not at all confident we can do that consistently enough to hold off the wings.. but it's going to be an epic struggle if we succeed.

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2007, 11:13 PM
tkeats

glad it was a good game, i thought we might get our first win of the year against you guys tonight.. oh well, best of luck in the playoffs, bring home that cup

tkeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:44 PM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 7932
I got a big kick out of listening to the Cbus feed last night.

Tootoo pulls Footes jersey over his head and uppercuts him "Look at Adam Footes strength as he holds Tootoo against the boards"

A loose pucks goes to Zherdev. "Look at Zherdev strip the puck from Kariya!"

Was it just me or did that happen all night on the broadcast?

I felt bad for the Jackets last night, especially the fans. They really did deserve a better fate.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post

Tootoo pulls Footes jersey over his head and uppercuts him "Look at Adam Footes strength as he holds Tootoo against the boards"

I felt bad for the Jackets last night, especially the fans. They really did deserve a better fate.
It wasn't just you ... Rim job & Gare shall be put in to the HFHOS Broadcasting department along with Altitude & FSN PrimeTicket (Ducks) and NESN ... I actually have a headache right now because of those tools

Old
02-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post

I noticed both of these comments. I forced myself to smile and ignore it.....They have to be two of the most biased commentators in the business.

Old
02-26-2007, 01:11 PM
Jarnberg

Where I was watching the game had the sound off so I didn't get the joy of hearing their announcing last night. I have heard them before though. However, no matter how homeristic they are, they will never be worse then Phoenix's crew.

Old
02-26-2007, 01:15 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
The Blue Jackets would dearly love to foist some humility upon the Nashville Predators, or cram it down their collective gullet, but this has proved difficult.
Quote:
"Mentally, I think we had them," Jackets winger Jody Shelley said. "They’re a team that really loves themselves, and you love to beat a team like that."
Quote:
"They’re very confident against us," Jackets defenseman Rostislav Klesla said. "We’ve just got to find a way and knock them down, and don’t let them think that they are the greatest."
Some nice ones from the Columbus Dispatch

Honestly though, even though its a tiny bit of a homer article (not very much at all honestly), I'm jealous that other cities get that. The Tennessean could never write such an article. They are too busy bashing us.

Old
02-26-2007, 02:51 PM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
Yes!!!! Mason is a shootout GOD I'm thinking we need him in there for every shootout including games that Koun starts.
This wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit. In fact, my girlfriend, who is becoming a huge hockey fan I might add, asked before the SO against the Habs if Mason would be put in for the SO. Things may have ended diffrently in that game....then again they may not have I do think Mace is much more sharper than Voky on the SO right now.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 02:57 PM
vopatsrash

Shelley is always good for a postgame laugh.

Vokoun isn't very hot on the team right now and is moving into postseason mode quote-wise...

“We have not played well the last little while,” goaltender Tomas Vokoun said. “I’m not looking at games in terms of a streak. We have to tune our game so it is ready for the playoffs.”

“People are talking all the time about us being in first place or second place in our division and who we are going to play in the playoffs,” Vokoun said. “Those things aren’t important to me personally. Our game has to be ready. It is going to be tough regardless of who we play in the playoffs.”

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 03:57 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
Shelley is always good for a postgame laugh.

Vokoun isn't very hot on the team right now and is moving into postseason mode quote-wise...

“We have not played well the last little while,” goaltender Tomas Vokoun said. “I’m not looking at games in terms of a streak. We have to tune our game so it is ready for the playoffs.”

“People are talking all the time about us being in first place or second place in our division and who we are going to play in the playoffs,” Vokoun said. “Those things aren’t important to me personally. Our game has to be ready. It is going to be tough regardless of who we play in the playoffs.”
Something that troubles me in this article is the way Vokoun says that, "When we get up two goals, we need to stop trying to score and focus on defense."

Isn't that what's lost us games, this year? In the third, we try to "shut down" opposing teams, a style that's not suited to this team. I think the problem is exactly the opposite. We STOP trying to score goals when we get up 2-0, we sit on leads, and we blow them.

Old
02-26-2007, 04:08 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Something that troubles me in this article is the way Vokoun says that, "When we get up two goals, we need to stop trying to score and focus on defense."

Isn't that what's lost us games, this year? In the third, we try to "shut down" opposing teams, a style that's not suited to this team. I think the problem is exactly the opposite. We STOP trying to score goals when we get up 2-0, we sit on leads, and we blow them.
Agreed. I'd prefer don't run and gun to the effect of giving up odd man rushes and outstanding scoring chances, but still press hard on the other team. Keep the puck in the other team's zone and take it to them. But don't play all out and stupid.

Our forwards are not good enough defensively to sit on the lead.