HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Keys to beating Tampa Bay in the first round

Old
04-01-2014, 10:36 PM
fordillingerlifesake

vCash: 500
Keys to beating Tampa Bay in the first round

Tonight showed there were a few things that needed to be addressed before we face them. First thing is speed, they out hustled us big time tonight. I think they should sit out Murray for the first round, if hes not already suspended, and get some faster guys in there.
We also net to hit the damn net..
Discuss

fordillingerlifesake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:42 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

I'm not confident at all.

Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM
FazChenyuk

Tinordi replacing murray and would use these pairings. Markov- weaver, Subban-gorges, emelin- tinordi.that is so money and put Eller back.on the 4 th line

FazChenyuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:43 PM
Galchenyuk4habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordillingerlifesake View Post
Tonight showed there were a few things that needed to be addressed before we face them. First thing is speed, they out hustled us big time tonight. I think they should sit out Murray for the first round, if hes not already suspended, and get some faster guys in there.
We also net to hit the damn net..
Discuss
Like I said earlier in my post in the pre-game talk, Tinordi needs to play. We need his size in the playoffs, he's actually quite mobile. The boys need to play a tighter game, way too mant turnovers tonight. Forwards need to be more physical on the forecheck, we need to create turnovers and dig deep. This team exposeses it's softness and lack off size with Prust,Moen,Weise and Parros out of the line-up... Now possibly Murray.. Oh boy, we really need Tinner in there

Galchenyuk4habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:44 PM
Hugo Sham

1) much more aggressive fore check

2) forwards higher up to deal with their pinching D

3) take Gallagher's example and crash the ****ing net. Bishop is 6'6. we missed the net a ton by trying to make the perfect shot. shoot from everywhere and dig for rebounds..and screen him

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Still say Habs in 5. I don't overreact to 1 game

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:48 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

1. Score more goals than Tampa does in 4 games.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:50 PM
Lemons

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post

3) take Gallagher's example and crash the ****ing net. Bishop is 6'6. we missed the net a ton by trying to make the perfect shot. shoot from everywhere and dig for rebounds..and screen him
This x1000. Get the puck to the net.

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM
lostriver

no keys. doomed.

lostriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM
eFFeRR
Major League Hockey

Who cares.. "We are going to get swept", said all the whiners.

eFFeRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:53 PM
The Truth

Tank to 8th seed. Bishop owned us through the regular season, our D has serious problems when they rush the net and even Price's God mode couldn't spare us a point.

Absolutely nightmarish matchup. Only Philly could be worse. It's impossible to find a silver lining for what we just saw, men against tiny men without steam. It looked so easy and we made it easy. Had the puck bounced their way tonight, this match would've been done in the second period.

The Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:55 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

We won't win jack crap until we start to play smart defense. Just horrible display out there, it's embarrassing how bad we are defensively.
That's not even talking about our transition game.

We have to hope that Price really pulls miracles out of his ass, otherwise we're out.

But this was a horrible game from us. We can be much better. 6 penalties in the 3rd period is just stupid and sloppy.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Laughing so hard at some posters in this thread. It really is sad how much people overreact on here.

Was it a terrible game by the Habs? Yes! absolutely.

Its 1 game.. Means absolutely nothing.. We won 8 out of the last 9.

They could come out and win 5-0 game 1. Who knows.. This game means absolutely nothing, But as always over analyze it and give up on the year.... See ya in the next GDT lol.. where the same people who are ******** on them now will call them Cup champs after a W.

I'm so glad the Habs fans in my life don't act like this haha.

Go Habs Go! Series will be 4-1 Habs. Book it

Old
04-01-2014, 10:57 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Therrien doesn't emphasize getting this team into a fast-paced transition game, which is pretty the more sure way of scoring goals for players on this team. This team can't play the grind out goals style because no one can cycle for **** and we cough the puck up way to easily....

The defense is horrible. A 1-on-0 happened at three times(Stamkos, the GWG, and one other chance) and Tampa had many looks...

Madam Kadri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 10:58 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
Laughing so hard at some posters in this thread. It really is sad how much people overreact on here.

They could come out and win 5-0 game 1. Who knows.. This game means absolutely nothing, But as always over analyze it and give up on the year.... See ya in the next GDT lol.. where the same people who are ******** on them now will call them Cup champs after a W.

4 games against these Bolts and every one of them was a snoozefest characterized by our inability to score more than 1 goal a game....

Old
04-01-2014, 11:00 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

1. Get a head coach who isn't a moron.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:02 PM
Jabba11
Hockey Lobby

With Murray out, take Bouillon out as well. Replace them with Gorges and Tinordi.

Jabba11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:03 PM
Rysmo

vCash: 614
I dunno about you guys but the result of the worst officiated game of the year, where the game was completely overshadowed and ruined by bad calls for both sides, doesn't make me any less confident heading into the series.

If we can avoid 6 penalties in the 3rd period over the course of the series, those games will be nothing like tonights.

Rysmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:05 PM
The Truth

Quote:

Had we won 8 out of the last 9 games against Bolts, no one would care about today's result. I've hated this matchup since the day I realized there could be such an opportunity. Hopefully Palat and rest of the rookies will **** their pants when the playoffs start.

The Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:

It's not one game. We were able to score 1 regulation goal vs TB in each of these 4 games and we were outshot every time and only won once.

Sure, things may completely change in the POs. We already beat Boston 8/8 times during the regular season and then barely got by them in 7 in the POs.
But a lot of the issues that TB exposed tonight have been recurrent and a subject of discussion of many fans since pretty much the start of the season.

It's not the end of the world, but it's nothing we should just throw under the rug either.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
Price My Man Crush

Tampa has owned us this year. I don't think I wanna face them. Remember this game tonight and the one in November when Carey had like 43 saves...this is what's gonna happen in the playoffs if we keep playing like that against this team. I don't know why we've been bad so bad this year against them.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's not one game. We were able to score 1 regulation goal vs TB in each of these 4 games and we were outshot every time and only won once.

Sure, things may completely change in the POs. We already beat Boston 8/8 times during the regular season and then barely got by them in 7 in the POs.
But a lot of the issues that TB exposed tonight have been recurrent and a subject of discussion of many fans since pretty much the start of the season.

It's not the end of the world, but it's nothing we should just throw under the rug either.
Yeah, but im not talking to people like you who are just concerned about it, It's the idiots who say 100% winning cup after a win and then after a loss. Season over.

It's okay to be concerned obviously but its so dumb the people who flip flop every game........ You shouldn't go from thinking serious contender (not saying I thought that) to thinking 1st round exit after 1 poor game. (you didn't im talking about other people)

Old
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
Madam Kadri
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lars Mon Amour View Post
Tampa has owned us this year. I don't think I wanna face them. Remember this game tonight and the one in November when Carey had like 43 saves...this is what's gonna happen in the playoffs if we keep playing like this in the playoffs. I don't know why we've been bad so bad this year against them.
Better coach. Can't outgrind them. Passing lanes get clogged up. Bigger than us, so we lose one-on-one battles left and right. And Bishop has our number.

Old
04-01-2014, 11:11 PM
SpeedyPotato

Enough with Bouillon and Murray, we need Dmen who can sustain the pressure and move the freaking puck!!!!! Gorges will help, Tinordi too, he's mobile and big, I'd still like to see Beaulieu, but that's not happening soon I guess. Other than that, remove Plekanec from any position in which offense is expected of his line, I love him, but he creates more offense when he plays with players that play the same style he does. Put him back with Gionta and give them Eller on the third, move Brière to the second with the kids and run with this. Enough with the "Brière and the kids can't defend", I don't give a ****, I want to see offense from the second line so when the first sucks like tonight, we still have a threat.

But seriously, fix the D... the right players are at our disposition, just freaking play them!!!

SpeedyPotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2014, 11:13 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madam Kadri View Post
Better coach. Can't outgrind them. Passing lanes get clogged up. Bigger than us, so we lose one-on-one battles left and right. And Bishop has our number.
Indeed. I want Desharnais to prove me wrong again in the playoffs but I wouldn't bet on it. Gionta? Brière?
Gally's fine. I know he's never going to back down.

Bishop doesn't have our number, we don't test him. But we don't test him because of what you just said...

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote