HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Soo who is left?

Old
02-26-2007, 08:18 PM
blueliner94

vCash: 500
Soo who is left?

Seems like alot of people are going . A few names that I heard the rangers had interest. If what Brooks and Sam are rite about not being sellers then who is left for us to pick up or are we just standing still ?

blueliner94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:42 PM
BigE

Personally, I'll be happy when Billy Guerin goes. One less opportunity for us to SERIOUSLY overpay.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:45 PM
blueliner94

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
Personally, I'll be happy when Billy Guerin goes. One less opportunity for us to SERIOUSLY overpay.
I could not agree with you more. Unless we make a good trade ( not over pay) for Horton I dont mind standing still its better then getting an over the hill vet. I want to sell a few players but I dont see that happining

Old
02-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Todd Bertuzzi is a guy I see as likely at this point. It seems Sather has been interested in him for a while now, and his salary may make it harder for some other teams to fit him in.

while he's about my least favorite player, he's the type of high-reward move I wouldn't mind (though staying put would be better).

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 08:58 PM
blueliner94

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Todd Bertuzzi is a guy I see as likely at this point. It seems Sather has been interested in him for a while now, and his salary may make it harder for some other teams to fit him in.

while he's about my least favorite player, he's the type of high-reward move I wouldn't mind (though staying put would be better).
Yea good point, where can we see him play 1st line or 2nd and have Avery to the 3rd that would not be a bad One two punch with a bit of sting on the 3rd but i still have doubts a move like that could help us make the playoffs. Myabe /shrug

Old
02-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Janerixon

Roenick, stumpel, chris gratton, and zubrus are all still out there, so its very possible sather is working on a bigger move and thats why krog was waived

i am not sure what he doing, if he wants to add another scorer or a defensemen or both, i expect he makes a trade or two, i see him goin for stumpel

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueliner94 View Post
Yea good point, where can we see him play 1st line or 2nd and have Avery to the 3rd that would not be a bad One two punch with a bit of sting on the 3rd but i still have doubts a move like that could help us make the playoffs. Myabe /shrug
Bob McKenzie just mentioned that he thinks Bertuzzi will be traded to the Rangers, Ducks or Wings

Old
02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Bob McKenzie just mentioned that he thinks Bertuzzi will be traded to the Rangers, Ducks or Wings
aint he still hurt. I hope he made a mistake and meant Jokinen, Horton or even Gratton. Bertuzzi would cost alot and Prucha would be involved. I would move Prucha for Jokinen or Horton but def not Bertuzzi.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:03 PM
g52*

Send a message via AIM to g52*
Im actually not looking at who is left. Im looking at how many guys we can get rid off from this roster.

g52* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:11 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by g52 View Post
Im actually not looking at who is left. Im looking at how many guys we can get rid off from this roster.
thats not gonna happen, sather is not gonna break up the team, for better or worse. I am not saying we should add anybody, but renney is saying we need help, if sather goes out and gets renney another player or two, without giving up key prospects and picks, he did all he can and renney is on the hook for missing the playoffs not sather, renney can be fired or moved to a different position, sather keeps his job and goes about his business as usual

we will add a player or two tommorrow

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:26 PM
frozenrubber

Trade Deadline

I will say, regardless of how abysmal Ranger teams were in the last decade, trading deadline day was ALWAYS FUN.

Damn you salary cap...you made being a Ranger fan boring.

While the prices paid this year have been steep, the price will go down w/ demand. A few teams are now out of the bidding war. In trying to get a kings ransom for Nylander, he had to be available for bidding. The Rangers did not do this.

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
aint he still hurt. I hope he made a mistake and meant Jokinen, Horton or even Gratton. Bertuzzi would cost alot and Prucha would be involved. I would move Prucha for Jokinen or Horton but def not Bertuzzi.
no he was definetly talking about Bertuzzi. he also said that Florida wouldn't command a whole lot for him.

Old
02-26-2007, 11:36 PM
BKBlackRanger
My Glove******Instagram

I say we get Bertuzzi..at leaset when someone runs Jagr that person will get a punch to the back of the head and out of hockey= no one will touch 68

BKBlackRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 12:17 AM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
thats not gonna happen, sather is not gonna break up the team, for better or worse. I am not saying we should add anybody, but renney is saying we need help, if sather goes out and gets renney another player or two, without giving up key prospects and picks, he did all he can and renney is on the hook for missing the playoffs not sather, renney can be fired or moved to a different position, sather keeps his job and goes about his business as usual

we will add a player or two tommorrow
Fire Renney? Very unlikely.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 02:12 AM
eco's bones

One place Jagr might go without an argument is back to Pitt to play on Crosby's wing? Jordan Staal anyone?

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 11:07 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Dawes, Callahan, Lessard, Byers, Korpikoski, Staal, Baranka, Liffiton

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 11:50 PM
dank

Quote: