HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PK Subban's defense partner

Old
04-02-2014, 11:52 AM
TySweetPuck

vCash: 500
Does Pk Subban need a partner anyways ?

It's french but thought it was pretty hilarious. Benoit Brunet making a super analysis on the defensive play of Pk and Subban.

TySweetPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 11:54 AM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

It just doesn't make sense for Therrien to complain about Subban's poor play when you pair him with the worse d-man in the NHL.
I know Subban is a team player, but he looks tired about the idea of playing with Bouillon every game. Maybe he complained to the coach and MT didn't like that, who knows.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:00 PM
TheGoalJudge

I would be fine trading Gorges + a 1st rounder + a good prospect for someone like Mark Giordano. I could be convinced to give up more as well.

Giordano-Subban god damn.

TheGoalJudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierPsyCHiatrist View Post
It just doesn't make sense for Therrien to complain about Subban's poor play when you pair him with the worse d-man in the NHL.
I know Subban is a team player, but he looks tired about the idea of playing with Bouillon every game. Maybe he complained to the coach and MT didn't like that, who knows.
PK needs to and plays best when he is having fun.
But he seems to get constantly ripped for it.
His pairings and ice time are an ill conceived disciplinary action.
He's having zero fun out there which actually tires him.

Rapala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:19 PM
Jrham15

vCash: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoalJudge View Post
I would be fine trading Gorges + a 1st rounder + a good prospect for someone like Mark Giordano. I could be convinced to give up more as well.

Giordano-Subban god damn.
How bout we try to get mcdonagh back

Jrham15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:25 PM
Nicko999

vCash: 174
Should be Markov.

Put the DD line with these 2 and profit.

Nicko999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 12:25 PM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Everybody keeps reading it as Monocle when I write that.

Mononcle means 'uncle/my uncle' in french, but my usage stems more from saying ' un vieux mononcle', old out of touch fart who doesn't know jack **** about anything.
OT

One of my favourite films

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Well, he and Markov were great together. I get the idea that it might be nice to have two good pairs on the ice for 45 minutes instead of one great pair for 25-30. Now that Emelin is playing better it at least doesn't make it quite as bad as it seemed for the first 20 or so games of it.

Gorges-Subban is ok, it's just that you have to give Subban some more leeway and put more faith in him even with that pairing. Keep them together on the penalty kill too. Subban was excellent there in the past before they started messing with him. You can play him 27 minutes a night in all situations against all players, been there done that, worked fine.

While Gorges is out, you shouldn't let Bouillon affect the deployment of your best skater. Well, you shouldn't let Bouillon affect _anything_. These are the things which add fuel to the FireTherrien.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:12 PM
Tinordi Ruxpin
Hey, C'mon Let's Go!

My wish upon Gorges return would be:

Markov/Emelin
Gorges/Subban
Tinordi/Weaver

Sadly, there must be room for Cube & Murray under MT.

Tinordi Ruxpin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:14 PM
Habit11

Markov-PK and Emelin-Gorges could work in the same way that Keith-Seabrook and Hjalmarsson-Oduya has worked for Chicago. I'd go with that and also get Beaulieu up with Weaver because it's enough already with #8 dmen playing important minutes.

Habit11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:54 PM
Ihatekessel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Markov-Subban was one of the best D pairings in the league. The Habs were riding on that pairing on a 10-0-1 streak before being blown out by the Kings.

Therrien then decided to dismantle his best D pairing just because.
There he goes again.......outsmarting himself and pi***ng off our most valuable asset. Stupid, stupid man!

Ihatekessel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
Markov-PK and Emelin-Gorges could work in the same way that Keith-Seabrook and Hjalmarsson-Oduya has worked for Chicago. I'd go with that and also get Beaulieu up with Weaver because it's enough already with #8 dmen playing important minutes.
It's very disturbing Beaulieu was ever sent back. He clearly demonstrated to me he is Top 8 material.
How much more confident would we all be if he had been exposed to the trials and tribulations, the triumphs and defeats the stretch of games since Sotchihas allowed for. Sure he made some mistakes but he was also able to negate a number of those gaffs on his own using his mobility and vision. Something Cube and Murray can never hope to do.
It's just asinine.

Old
04-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
I'm beyond tired of Therrien, he's a putrid coach and JJ Daignault is obviously worse since he runs the D and is either promoting this nonsense or not stopping it from happening.

The thought of having to deal with this **** any longer gives me a headache, ugh.

Also, something I noticed from last game that made me sick, but laugh at the same time. The moment when PK had the puck at the blue line and was twisting and turning and buying time for someone to get open for a chance on net. Bouillon literally goes and skates and stands right beside him getting in the damn way and then Subban twists away from him and continues to try and find someone open and Bouillon just goes and skates beside a Tampa player.

It's so pathetic and sad watching such a talent be wasted with ineptitude. It's all about grinding out wins instead of putting your foot on the throat and dominating games. Seriously, when was the last time the team actually dominated a game? Look at the other teams in the top half of both conferences, they have games where they just straight up dominate a team. Not this poorly coached mess. People are seriously happy with grinding out 20 shot victories over poor teams thinking we have a chance.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 02:35 PM
Scriptor

Quote:
Does anybody listen to the players? After a game, Subban actually complemented Bouillon for taking on the dirty role of playing more defensive hockey on that pairing. While 'I' and 'others have a problem with PK paired with Bouillon, I don't think PK does...

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habit11 View Post
This -- or something like this!

I actuallyt liked the way Beaulieu was sometimes used with Subban when we needed a goal because it left Markov with Emelin for some more offense when Subban was off the ice.

Therrien can use the Ds differently depending on game situations but, Beaulieu brings more options, even as a 5th D at even strength, most of the time

Scriptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Rapala
Chasin'TheCup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
Does anybody listen to the players? After a game, Subban actually complemented Bouillon for taking on the dirty role of playing more defensive hockey on that pairing. While 'I' and 'others have a problem with PK paired with Bouillon, I don't think PK does...
Good team Lad...
FGS he played better with Gill...

Old
04-02-2014, 04:59 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

It looks like Therrien had a long discussion with Subban after last game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scriptor View Post
I don't listen to post game interviews, but if I were Subban I would easily be able to make the reporters believe anything.

Last edited by FrontierPsyCHiatrist*: 04-02-2014 at 05:18 PM.
Old
04-02-2014, 05:19 PM
Smoky Thompson

Quote:
It looks like Therrien had a long discussion with Subban after last game.

I don't listen to post game interviews, but if I were Subban I would easily be able to make the reporters believe anything.
Where'd you see this?

Smoky Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
Master Pleks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky Thompson View Post
Where'd you see this?
From a source of a source of a source.

Old
04-02-2014, 05:58 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Biggest discrepancy in talent between an on ice pairing since skating with the stars. At least that **** got cancelled after six episodes.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 03:11 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/20...diens-coaching

A good article regarding Mononcle Michel's usage of our boy PK.
That was a great read with lots of nice facts. I love when opinions are driven by facts.

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 04:07 AM
Primrose Everdeen
Let It Go

vCash: 100
Zbynek Michalek?

Too bad the trade market is closed. :

Primrose Everdeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 05:50 AM
phoque taupe

The General should be his partner.
Maybe MT is waiting for the playoffs to use it again?
(Right. im just kidding myself.)

I almost miss JM and the way he was always using PK on heavy D assignments
(Right?)

phoque taupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 06:41 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Subban has positioning issues at times where he sometimes becomes over aggressive on the forwards and gets trapped chasing. Boullion magnifies it since his position is even worse to the point there are times he's in no man's land and just spectating. Gorges at least is smart enough to stay in position.

Can't wait 'til Subooboo pairing can cease to exist.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 08:59 AM
ChesterNimitz

Quote:
Maybe Subban is injured???

I never was on the FireTherrien wagon, but not using him at this time of the year without a good reason is a ****ing infuriating move by mononcle Mich.
The excuses continue to pile on: he's injured; he's unhappy with his contract; the coaches misuse him, etc. The reality is, Subban is horribly overrated. Therrien, is doing nothing different than Babcock did with Subban at the Olympics. The shorthanded goal that Tampa Bay scored against the Canadiens is a microcosm of Subban's limitations. He lacks elite speed and the team has no one who can transport the puck consistently into the offensive zone. This is the task that Subban is supposedly great at. The great skating puck transporter. The truth is he can't do it. It has nothing to do with coaching. Without that ability , the team is reduced to a dump and chase play or trying to execute 'cute' entry plays at the blue line. At Tampa Bay, the 'cuteness' didn't work. And watching Subban try to catch Johnson with his clunking skating stride was pathetic. Make no mistake about it, Subban is a good player, but he is not the superstar that so many fans think. What you see this year is what you will get from Subban from hereon. The limitations in his skating will never allow him to be the franchise type player that can control the play in all three zones of the ice. Changing coaches will not make him faster. I , for one, would be very wary in paying him the lofty amounts he is asking for. I will make this prediction: if Montreal does in fact make him one of the highest paid players in the NHL, it will not take very long for the ever loyal Montreal fans to start booing Subban like he is treated in other arenas.

ChesterNimitz is offline   Reply With Quote