HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr on block - according to Brooks

Old
02-27-2007, 05:03 AM
sling

vCash: 500
Jagr on block - according to Brooks

http://www.nypost.com/seven/02272007...rk_everson.htm

Don't know if I believe it, it is Brooks.

sling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:33 AM
Ola

It would have to be to a team thats desperate, and we would have to get a great prospect back, like for example a Jordan Staal.

I can't see it go down. A team thats desperate like Toronto (you know, a team that haven't won a cup in a long time) got nobody to offer.

Teams that got plenty of great young players, doesn't seem to be desperate... Like Anaheim and Pittsburgh.

Can anyone come up with a good fit? I can't...

Slats won't trade JJ for anything less then a huge package, I mean he got another year left making around 4-5m, and is atleast top 5 offensivly in this league.

Its just so remote to find any trading partner for Slats that would make sense, Vancouver for Näslund and Bourdon? lol

Last edited by Ola: 02-27-2007 at 05:41 AM.
Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:39 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post

Nah, Sather can't be this smart can he? Realize what a great market this is and rock it completely by putting Jagr out there! He isn't that smart is he?

And now someone really needs to check that if the Rangers do trade Jagr that the team picking him up has to pay his whole salary or does Washington keep paying thier end till the contract expires? If Jagr is available at the price the Rangers pay Sather could get a honey of an offer. A few posters have said that the team getting Jagr would be responsible for the 100% remaining, but even Brooks doesn't seem sure on that point. "A short-notice deal for Jagr would be difficult to engineer. It is believed that any trading partner would be cap-responsible for only $4.9 million of Jagr's salary of $8.4 million, but it seems unlikely anyone would be willing to take on the 35-year-old now 15 years from his last Stanley Cup."

What teams can even get him trade/contract wise? Pens of course come to mind. Tampa maybe, they have been very silent while thier rivals Atlanta gear up?

Last edited by Radek27: 02-27-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:42 AM
River Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Nah, Sather can't be this smart can he? Realize what a great market this is and rock it completely by putting Jagr out there! He isn't that smart is he?

And now someone really needs to check that if the Rangers do trade Jagr that the team picking him up has to pay his whole salary or does Washington keep paying thier end till the contract expires? If Jagr is available at the price the Rangers pay Sather could get a honey of an offer.

What teams can even get him trade/contract wise? Pens of course come to mind. Tampa maybe, they have been very silent while thier rivals Atlanta gear up?
I don't know. Jagr was 'dying alive' last time he was here in Pittsburgh. I'd love to have his talent on the team, but I doubt he'd really want to play here again.

I'd also doubt Jagr would really get traded, but we'll see. Now's the time to be trading players the way the market is right now.

River Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:48 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
That there is tension between Ward and Jagr is clear. Whether it will force the Rangers' brain trust, holed up in Edmonton to attend tonight's retirement of Mark Messier's No. 11 by the Oilers, to trade Ward is unclear

Jagr said that a routine argument ensued when he criticized Ward for dumping the puck back into the Tampa Bay zone rather than waiting for forwards to regroup. Another locker room source said that Ward then criticized Jagr's leadership
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-422604c.html

Ward has played with Roddy Brind'Amour and Stevie Y so he would know real leadership

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 05:53 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...p-422604c.html

Ward has played with Roddy Brind'Amour and Stevie Y so he would know real leadership
Wow this is going to be a big story today heading into the 3pm deadline. It could get crazy in Ranger land today. It's time for Slats to step up!

And if this is all true with JJ and Ward we know why Aaron was a scratch the other night no?

Radek27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:43 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I really don't see Jagr going anywhere.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:46 AM
bathgate

A Jagr trade could dramatically change the destiny of this franchise. I've advocated this move all season. Hopefully Nashville, Anaheim, or SAn Jose will step to the plate Each has the prospects to make it work

bathgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:49 AM
ATLANTARANGER*

We've seen the Jagr who is happy, plays great, we've also now seen the Jagr when he gets something in his head and how it effects his game. Far too often it is what he percieves rather then what the reality is. The time, if ever, to deal him and get real value is now. This team needs to move away from the merry go round offense that Jagr loves and head towards the Shannahan mode of straight ahead, in your face game that comprises so many of our prospects strengths. Send him out west so he will be closer to russia when he retires from the NHL.

ATLANTARANGER* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:50 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

You move Jagr, and then you HAVE to move Nylander. If Jagr does get dealt, that should mean there is no illusion of a playoff run. Landing spots? Detroit, Dallas, San Jose and Anaheim all make sense.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 06:55 AM
MrAlfie

jagr , nylander, ward...

even though i dont think jagr will get traded a decent GM could get a whole lotta 1st round picks and some nice prospects for those 3 players, unfortunately that means nothing with the rangers draft record.

MrAlfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Kostik

Everyone is avalaible for right price.
That said, package for Jagr would have to be huge, but how many teams can fit him under the cap?
Jagr is going nowhere this year...

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
You move Jagr, and then you HAVE to move Nylander. If Jagr does get dealt, that should mean there is no illusion of a playoff run. Landing spots? Detroit, Dallas, San Jose and Anaheim all make sense.
Have to and have to, if a team offers a huge package for Jagr and don't want Nylander, you don't have to trade him.

Some mentioned that Jagr would have to fetch a Forsberg type of package, but I am not sold on that thats exactly what we are looking for. A big reason for why we would trade Jagr is because he is uncoachable, its his way, no or's or but's.

I have no clue if this makes sense for Vancouver, but in my world I would atleast think about a Jagr, Nylander and Rachunek for Näslund, Morrison, Bourdon and maybe a 1st trade, just for example.

Näslund and Morrison aren't as dangerous as Nylander and Jagr offensivly, it would be a downgrade for us there, but they are coachable, if Renney wants them to play one way on the PP they would play that way. If Renney would want them to have a more defensive apporch at one stage of a game, they would have that. And we would of course get one of the best young looking D's in the game.

So, thats also a type of trade, as opposed to the Forsberg standard package, a player, a prospect and a 1st, we could get another vet to replace Jagr which have to be done, and a prospect.

I don't think Florida would want JJ, but another example that IMO could make sense for us would be something like Jagr and Montoya for Bertuzzi, Horton and a 1st.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:14 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
Wow this is going to be a big story today heading into the 3pm deadline. It could get crazy in Ranger land today. It's time for Slats to step up!

And if this is all true with JJ and Ward we know why Aaron was a scratch the other night no?
My question is why did John Dellapina wait until today to write details of what actually happened between Jagr and Ward plus the other players?Or did someone give him the story as a way to set up the reasons for a possible trade?

Old
02-27-2007, 07:18 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostik View Post
Everyone is avalaible for right price.
That said, package for Jagr would have to be huge, but how many teams can fit him under the cap?
Jagr is going nowhere this year...
The salary cap is going to increase until least $47 million next season and the remaining Jagr cap hit for this season is $1,056,684.Contracts will expire in the summer and teams are allowed to be over the cap by 10% in the summer.The financial terms of the deal will not be a major problem

Old
02-27-2007, 07:40 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Not Jagr related but

Quote:
Perhaps the Hawks’ biggest asset on defense is Brent Seabrook, whose name continues to pop up in trade rumors with Pittsburgh and the New York Rangers.

“We’re getting calls, but we’re not shopping him,” Tallon said. “It would have to be something that knocked our socks off
.”
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/bl....asp?id=285412

Old
02-27-2007, 07:41 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
these two moves would advance our rebuilding 3 years ... and we'd probably win more with the current team.

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:42 AM
lotus

Man, this is going to be an interesting afternoon. I haven't even slept but since im going nowhere today, I'll stay awake until the deadline. Then sleep and wake up for the game haha.

And I too don't see the team getting worse no matter the reward Jagr brings. Individual talent isn't what improves our team now ...need bigger changes than that.

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:47 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by sling View Post

didn't Brooks say the day before that the rangers wouldn't sell ????

DarthSather99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:55 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

I'm thinking Jagr wants out himself, and that he quietly asked for SATHERONEY to make something happen.

Think about this: in the past years of absolutely spoonfeeding Jaromir everything he wants, how does a dispute with Aaron Ward (a good depth defenseman) get him put on the block? Wouldn't you think it'd be Ward on the outs?

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99 View Post
didn't Brooks say the day before that the rangers wouldn't sell ????
thats the impression i got, he's trying to sell papers, and he's very good at it

i don't think dolan would ever let him trade jagr, period.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lotus

Nonsense, it's Larry Brooks. He who can say no wrong, or something like that, eh I'm tired, best I got. Point is he's dumb and weird.

But if Jagr is gone, who will leave blind passes for the ghost of Anson Carter now?

lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 07:58 AM
TUQ

Wake up, Jagr is going nowhere.

TUQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:13 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
do it

hahaha

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Kostik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
I'm thinking Jagr wants out himself, and that he quietly asked for SATHERONEY to make something happen.

Think about this: in the past years of absolutely spoonfeeding Jaromir everything he wants, how does a dispute with Aaron Ward (a good depth defenseman) get him put on the block? Wouldn't you think it'd be Ward on the outs?
Jagr loves NY, he said that billiontimes.
He wants to make some noise here, not to vanish here and move to another club.
Jagr didn't put anyone on the block, he critized Ward once (as many other players) and only Ward feels like he is treated unfairly...

Kostik is offline   Reply With Quote